[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my company is offering me a choice between an iPhone 6S Plus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

So my company is offering me a choice between an iPhone 6S Plus and a 7 Plus. Which should I get? Is the new OS smooth on the 6S Plus?
>>
If you're getting appleshit at least get the newest appleshit
>>
File: image.png (388KB, 1080x1445px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
388KB, 1080x1445px
>>57183112
Both are shit choices and you'll end up with deep buyer's remorse like everyone else. The iPhone died with blow jobs.
>>
>>57183112
>Is the new OS smooth on the 6S Plus?
yes, it's only not smooth on the iPhones 7 due to:
>The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus also have a special feature when closing applications. If you keep your finger on the home button and press it a second time after pressing to close the app, you can override the app closing and transition to the recent apps screen.
>Being able to transition directly into recent apps is an interesting feature enabled by Apple's new home button, but the implementation is imperfect in its current form. The first issue is that it actually introduces a momentary stutter in the app closing animation. This stutter occurs at the point where it's no longer possible to cancel the closing of the app and move to the recent apps screen, and it comes as a consequence of Apple altering the timing functions used for the animation to enable the feature. It also causes strange motions when you open the recent apps menu, as even if you tap the home button twice in quick succession, the tweaked response of the new home button will always be faster than your finger clicking a second time.
>>
>>57183137
what's the Jamf Pro equivalent that a company can use to manage employee's android phones?
>>
>>57183137
>buyers remorse

im not paying for it
>>
>>57183214
>im not paying for it
You'll still suffer all the problems listed that will be the bane of your existence. I feel bad for you if you are FORCED to use these toddler phones.
>>
>>57183246
>bane of your existence
are you serious? its a fucking phone dude.
>>
>>57183385
That fucking sucks and has more problems and missing useful features that can't fit in a single page. You'll know soon enough how bad it really is. RIP in peace anon.
>>
>>57183112
are you joking? you'd give up a quad core processor and the higher gamut screen for a fucking headphone port? jesus that's dumb. if you use non-shit headphones then that means you should be running through an amp, which means you should be using the lightning port. and even $30 bluetooth earbuds are better than non-shit cabled headphones nowadays
>>
>>57183404
if iPhone 7 supports line-out through the lightning port, then ill reconsider. connecting iphone from lightning to micro-usb on my DAC/Amp would be primo
>>
>>57183469
retard, how did you connect DACs on prev iPhones?
>>
>>57183112
Get the latest model you can. The 7 is better than the 6s. Only downside is the lack of a headphone jack.
>>
>>57183498
i didnt own an iphone. besides, i have an ipod classic i use with my DAC/Amp.
>>
>>57183504
Don't forget that it blows up like the Note 7.
>>
>>57183137
>almost $1/GB
>not even SSD speeds
that's a shit deal. price isn't worth it unless it hits low-end SSD speeds OR halves in price
>>
>>57183469
if your dac amp supports digital-in then buy a fucking lightning cable or iphone dock for it. otheriwise just use the included lightning to 3.5mm adapter, as that has a dac built in.
>>
>>57183556
128gb is $40
That's fucking cheap, so expect 256 to be there in a couple years or less
>>
>>57183601
Care to send a link?I'm interested
>>
>>57183601
I don't know about you but I don't plan to be using the same phone two years from now. I upgrade every two years.

$40 is better, but it's somewhat lacking compared to an iPhone, because iPhone 6S's and 7s use actual SSDs for storage instead of slow flash. You trade speed for the ability to swap out cards.

I personally find it hard to fill up a 128GB phone because the most I ever put on it is my music library and a shitload of apps. TV, manga, books, etc are monopolized by my tablet.
>>
>>57183655
I was looking at >>57183137 picture. If you enhance the other options you can see the price of the 128gb version.
>>
>>57183669
I don't really understand your point, you fill a 32gb phone in 2 years you'll still want that data on your new phone

I suppose you could buy a 64gb model next time
>>
>>57183556
>>almost $1/GB
It's closer to $0.60/GB now

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-256GB-EVO-UHS-I-microSDXC/dp/B01JNGCWHU

>>not even SSD speeds
It doesn't have to be. 90MB/s transfer and write speeds is more than enough for phone things. At 90MB/s you can transfer a high quality 1080p 8GB movie in less than 2 minutes.

>>57183669
>$40 is better, but it's somewhat lacking compared to an iPhone, because iPhone 6S's and 7s use actual SSDs for storage instead of slow flash. You trade speed for the ability to swap out cards.
Phones with UHS-II micro SD slots are coming if you want 300MB/s transfer speeds that badly. In fact you can even buy those cards before the phones come out. Of course they aren't cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/Lexar-Professional-microSDXC-UHS-II-Reader/dp/B012PKPU5W

>I personally find it hard to fill up a 128GB phone because the most I ever put on it is my music library and a shitload of apps. TV, manga, books, etc are monopolized by my tablet.
Your collection of stuff will grow. Having the ability to upgrade that storage space is always preferable to having to buy a new fucking phone.
>>
>>57183137
>5 rupees has been deposited into your account
>>
>>57183768
>90MB/s
>good

no standards. sasuga lagroid fags
>>
>>57183796
Well said ranjeesh, 5 rupees have been despotied into your apple positivity account.
>>
>>57183807
(You)
>>
>>57183747
I always buy the 2nd lowest model (in this case the 128GB model) even if I don't use it all just so I don't have to ever give a shit about space or file management. All that's frustrating enough on my computers and NAS, I don't need it invading my phone too.

>>57183768
>It doesn't have to be. 90MB/s transfer and write speeds is more than enough for phone things. At 90MB/s you can transfer a high quality 1080p 8GB movie in less than 2 minutes.
The biggest benefit of ultrafast storage is lightning fast app and boot times. I've compared the boot times of my iPhone 6+ and Pixel C to friends' iPhone 6S and 7's and my 6+ and C always get crushed. There's no comparison.

Some people might not care but to me it's valuable that I'll never be stuck waiting for my phone to boot in the most inopportune times.
>>
>>57184060
>The biggest benefit of ultrafast storage is lightning fast app and boot times.
The micro SD card on Android phones is used for media, USB, torrent storage. They always come with very fast internal NAND for apps and booting up the OS. Android stopped letting people run apps on micro SD cards ages ago.

>I've compared the boot times of my iPhone 6+ and Pixel C to friends' iPhone 6S and 7's and my 6+ and C always get crushed.
That's because the pixel C is a piece of shit.

>Some people might not care but to me it's valuable that I'll never be stuck waiting for my phone to boot in the most inopportune times.
Booting up from the SD card was never even possible for Android you know.
>>
>>57184060
>The biggest benefit of ultrafast storage is lightning fast app and boot times. I've compared the boot times of my iPhone 6+ and Pixel C to friends' iPhone 6S and 7's and my 6+ and C always get crushed. There's no comparison.

except 6+ also uses relatively fast SSD. the actual difference you are seeing here is more ram and in the case of the 7, two additional cpu cores.
>>
File: Androidfags.jpg (1MB, 1167x1410px) Image search: [Google]
Androidfags.jpg
1MB, 1167x1410px
>>57183137
>>57183246
>>57183390
>>
>>57183112
Why would you ever choose the 6S?
>>
>>57183112
Get a gun and kys.
iPhone is for hipsters and cunts.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.