[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much damage do you guys think the Mirai botnet will wrea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: iot-1200.png (24KB, 780x408px) Image search: [Google]
iot-1200.png
24KB, 780x408px
How much damage do you guys think the Mirai botnet will wreak before it becomes obsolete? For those of you who don't know, the source code was recently leaked on HackForum and since then has been responsible for numerous high profile attacks.

Cause:
https://github.com/jgamblin/Mirai-Source-Code

Effect:
https://www.incapsula.com/blog/malware-analysis-mirai-ddos-botnet.html
>>
File: mirai-hf-580x232.png (97KB, 580x232px) Image search: [Google]
mirai-hf-580x232.png
97KB, 580x232px
Fucking free software weebs are destroying the internet.

We need to ban open source and anime.
>>
>>57182009
How does it feel knowing that weebs have accomplished more with code than you ever will?

If you were actually intelligent then you could have helped prevent this, instead you just cry and moan.
>>
>>57181974
Industry have to grow up fo iot.
>>
>Other bits of code, which contain Rick Rolls’ jokes next to Russian strings saying “я люблю кypиныe нaггeтcы” which translates to “I love chicken nuggets” provide yet more evidence of the Russian heritage of the code authors, as well as their age demographic.

ayyy
>>
File: Pick up that can.jpg (19KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Pick up that can.jpg
19KB, 640x360px
>>57181974
>serving as a clue that Mirai was developed by Russian hackers or—at least—a group of hackers, some of whom were of Russian origin.

Putin confirmed WW3 warmonger weeaboo.
>>
>>57182336
So late 20s, early 30s?
>>
weaponized meme powered botnets

... if (util_stristr(generic_memes, ret, table_retrieve...

>generic_memes
>memes
>>
>it literally logs on shitty security cameras and smart TVs with default user/passwords
IOT will be the end of us all
>>
>>57182536
IOT was always fucking stupid.
>>
>>57182550
IoT was, like most tech, shitty at version 1, will be slightly broken at go-around 2, and will actually work (although it will have weird kinks in it) at version 3.

Version 1 is out now, expect round two soon after there is a mad rush to secure all the "pioneer rush" produces that tried to be "me first, so I can have first mover advantage".

It's not that networking everything is inherently bad, it's the fact that, like many things with computers, it was done slip-shod by companies wanting to make a fast buck while securing a monopoly. It's 40+ years later and we're still playing by the IBM/Microsoft/Intel playbook because we haven't figured out how to progress business beyond that without devolving into the bullshit that is Web 2.0 (aka we sell you like a rented bitch for money).
>>
>>57181974

Who's laughing now what I said no smart devices.
>>
>>57182009
must've been the first time in ages someone posted some actual code on HF instead of netflix and amazon accounts
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.