[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my pic related died few days ago. A month after 2year warranty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: palit gtx770 2gb.jpg (36KB, 700x420px) Image search: [Google]
palit gtx770 2gb.jpg
36KB, 700x420px
So my pic related died few days ago.
A month after 2year warranty period. Not buying anything Palit related ever again.
I wanted to upgrade anyway and decided GTX 1070 is the best choice for my budget, still very expensive to me but I'm ready to pay more and futureproof myself at least a little.
I entertained the idea of 1060 but decided against it.
Since 1070 aren't the cheapest cards out there I want to make an educated purchase and wondered If /g/ could assist me.

Please keep in mind that I use 1080p 60hz monitor, which I might upgrade to 1440p in the future, I own closed case without windows so I don't care about LED and visual stuff. What I do care Is power consumption (the less the better) ,quietness and good price/performance ratio.

I wanted to get MSI Gaming X 1070 but apparently there has been official msi statement about some of them being faulty and they pull their China produced GPU back from the shelves. Now I think about EVGA, ASUS or Gigabyte G1, but it seems to be disliked by many people for its noise.

Could you help /g/!

t. Anon form /v/ who did his babbys first build 2 years ago and has a lot to learn.
>>
tl;dr:

>anon is a newfag
>GPU died on him
>Needs new one, 1070 seems cool
>Which non-referent GTX 1070 is the best?
>>
do research
>>
Evga 1070 black edition iirc, needs 1x8pin connector vs 2x8 on other Evga models.
>>
File: t h i c c.jpg (245KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
t h i c c.jpg
245KB, 1080x720px
Too bad about your Palit experience because I just bought a Palit Jetstream 1070 two weeks ago and I couldn't be happier.

Cool, ridiculously quiet even under load, built like a brick(and the size of one). Didn't try overclocking yet because I didn't have to, though. And it was one of the cheaper ones on the market, too(5% more expensive than the cheapest 1070 I could have bought)

I had the exact same experience as you(card dying soon after the warranty ended) with a different high-ish end nvidia card in the past, so I wouldn't be so sure it's about the manufacturer.

Also,
>I might upgrade to 1440p in the future
Too be honest if you don't do that buying a 1070 is going to be a huge overkill.
>>
>>57175792
http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/evga-geforce-gtx-1070-sc-superclocked-gaming-review,1.html

Not avaiable where I live, How about SC model? It seems ok price-wise and I've only heard good things about EVGA besides coil whine in random models.
>>
Logical increments
Read the guide on the game you want to play.
>>
>>57175824
Well while it was working I had no complaints, good temps and decent performance. It started to act up week before shitting itself, games freezing requiring hard restet, one day I left in idle with nothing open (just dekstop) and when I came back to room I saw no signal, tested it on another PC and same thing. PCI-E slot in my motherboard also works, tried inserting the borrowed card into it. I suspect htey are making card to only last as long as it's warranty, which sucks. It was the main reason for me to consider Zotac cards which offer 2 years warranty+ 3 additional years for free if you register right after purchase. But Zotac AMP is too big for my case, dont know much about other models.
>>
>>57176314
It's not like I ask for you to give me one specific greatest card, I just wanna get some recommendations and pros/cons going.Logical increments give me gigabyte suggestion but those are obnoxiously loud.
>>
>>57175792
>Evga

wew lad

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/58hnzb/word_of_warning_the_evga_1080_blackscreenfan_bug/
>>
>>57175702
Just get the cheapest one, they're all more or less the same and can be OC'd the same. If you're a eurofag, it'll be KFA2. However, note that it has 2 year warranty as well. Some manufacters like MSI or EVGA offer a 3 year warranty for higher price.
>>
>>57176446
Motherfucker.

Every brand I look at that always seemed to have the best quality and reputation fucks up somehow with 1070's. First msi with artifacts, now this with EVGA. I honestly don't know what to do, seems like a goddamn lottery.
>>
>>57176583
There is also this
https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/manufacturers-roll-out-firmware-updates-for-geforce-gtx-1070-due-to-memory-issue.html
>>
>>57176610
I thought It was only MSI micron based cards, shit. I will return any card that doesn't use Samsung ram anyways.
>>
>>57175824
>built like a brick(and the size of one)
This needs to stop being acceptable.
>>
>>57176656
>I will return any card that doesn't use Samsung ram anyways.
lol you're such a moron
>>
>>57175702
All video card manufacturers are hit or miss because they're all cheap Taiwanese fucks. Replace Palit in your OP with PowerColor or ASUS or EVGA or XFX or Gigabyte. It's all the same shit, just go by whichever has the best warranty.

>GPU reliability/longevity
>high performance

You can only choose one. Also 2 years out of a GPU isn't great but it also isn't unheard of. These things are disposable.
>>
>>57176656
You won't get a Samsung card now unless you buy used. All manufacturers have switched over to cheaper Micron chips. This has been happening with Nvidia cards since at least Kepler. The first few production runs have Samsung, then they switch to cheaper Hynix and Elpida/Micron chips that don't overclock as well once the reviews are done.
>>
>>57176705
You can't go wrong with PNY :)
>>
>>57176669
If you want compact cooling with shitty performance, there are enough options for that.
>>
>>57176732
I've seen many people reporting that they got samsung memory fresh out of a box, I've been checking sites of polish retailers and there's comments from 2 days ago saying they got samsung memory.
>>
>>57176683
Why, because I want better shit in my components? Wow, that sounds so retarded!
>>
>>57176669
Newsflash: GPUs get hot and need cooling.
>>
>>57176732

How is this acceptable?
>>
>>57176757
It's not 2009, anymore, GPUs aren't 300W monsters.
>>57176851
You don't need ridiculously oversized coolers than don't actually fit in order to cool your components.
>>
>>57175702
Get a Gainward card.
>>
>>57175702
>futureproof
>graphics card
No. If you have a 1080p monitor just get a 1060 and upgrade when you get a new monitor.

>>57179406
>It's not 2009, anymore, GPUs aren't 300W monsters.
Undoubtedly the RX 500 series and the GTX 1100/2000 series will have some of those monsters.. not like I'd want one.
>>
>>57176799
Then those people got old stock that'd been sitting around in wherever they bought it from's warehouse. Companies have started issuing BIOS updates to correct the artifacting bug inherent to 1070s with Micron memory, and every board partner is on the list.

>>57179329
Because all you're ever guaranteed is stock clocks, which cheaper memory chips can provide. Overclocking isn't a right.
>>
>>57181888
>Because all you're ever guaranteed is stock clocks, which cheaper memory chips can provide. Overclocking isn't a right.
I've been trying to tell these morons this, they'll never get it.
>>
buy rx 480 so your hardware doesnt die within 2yrs
notice how hawaii chips are still good and theyre old as fuck
>>
>>57175702
RX 480 ya fool. That way you save a fair amount of cash on a free sync display

Also skip 1440p at this point AOC makes a 4k free-sync display at $300 the TN on it is close to a VA panel for color
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.