[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

name one thing with computers/programming that makes you want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: tumblr_nvq7tl6AHC1uhpjuao1_500.jpg (37KB, 500x458px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvq7tl6AHC1uhpjuao1_500.jpg
37KB, 500x458px
name one thing with computers/programming that makes you want to kill yourself

>programming anything related to geometry
>>
Programming in C++. I've been doing it for nearly 16 years and only recently had the epiphany that I hate it and it's a garbage language.
>>
>>57155500
indeterminates
>>
>>57155500
>no API
>>
>>57155650
better late than never
>>
>>57155500
java.

I'd rather work in McDonalds than work with java
>>
>>57155698
fine i will learn java but im learning cpp and python and yet to see anything...
>>
>>57155650
Try Ada instead, it's what the cool kids are doing.
>>
>>57155701
>learn java
that is literally the last thing I want anyone to do.
>>
>>57155804
you said the same thing aobut python
>>
>>57155811
no?
I like python and c the most.

Dont tell me your one of those retards who thinks anonymous is one person
>>
>>57155500
programming at all makes me want to kill myself unless I do everything right the first time
>>
>>57155500
>refactoring pajeet code
>>
>>57155833
(You) realize there's only me and (You) on this board, right?
>>
File: 1373863054198.png (160KB, 320x272px)
1373863054198.png
160KB, 320x272px
>>57155500
Nigga graphics are the best.
>>
>>57155859
that explains why this place is nothing but faggots
>>
replacing me and coworkers with pajeet ;_;
>>
File: HA.png (14KB, 679x427px) Image search: [Google]
HA.png
14KB, 679x427px
>>57155898
Got me good, son.
>>
File: 1476783272722.png (320KB, 523x600px) Image search: [Google]
1476783272722.png
320KB, 523x600px
>tfw no framework avaliable
>tfw im expected to write it
maybe i shouldnt have gone to embedded systems
>>
>>57155936
>wah no one to hold my hand
>wah can't even copy what's out there
nah m8 i would be totally fucking in that position too, unless they gave me some leeway to learn shit
>>
Geometry isn't that bad though is it?

> So much software, so little source
>>
>>57155954
*fucked
you got what i meant though
>>
>>57155500
OO. kill yourselves for maintaining that meme for so long.
>>
>>57155954
i work closely with the engineers designing the chips though, they give me lots of help with the layout of the registers and such so its not all bad.
just very time consuming
debugging is basically non-existent
>>
>>57155989
that actually sound pretty fun, relatively.

>>57155984
>tfw python for a living
>'i wrapped a dict fot teh type information!'
kill me
>>
When you pull down the latest commits and your remote team in a developing country has managed to add a mountain of garbage in less than a day.

When you do a git blame and realize literally no one who has touched the file works here anymore and no one who does work here now knows any of the people who show up.

When somehow your two different QA environments share the same Redis cache and randomly deploys to one will fuck the other for reasons no one actually understands.

When a project manager comes to you at 3:45 on a Friday and lets you know that some ill defined feature is needed by next Wednesday. And you find out they've been sitting on it since 2 weeks ago. And you can't push back any of the other stuff you're working on.

When the CEO asks me how long something is gonna take and I inflate my estimate by a factor of 4 but then that inflated estimate is still off by a factor of 4 by the time it ships. How the fuck do I still have a job?

When you're the only one on the team who uses any kind of code linter/static analyzer.
>>
You don't like dealing with geometry? That shit's great. I'd do it all day long. Let's calculate volumes and sweeps and coordinate system transformations!

For me it's anything to do with text parsing. Maybe it's because it triggers my autismo.

Like here's an actual example: "Wait, so the design doc says that we want an internationally compatible input, but all these tests are based on byte wide encoding, and seem to assume a lot of stuff about how these sentences might be written. Aren't we tokenizing whole natural texts with this project? Those are going to have all kinds of dialogue patterns, like 'o' clock' instead of the 'o'clock' this one assumes we'll be using."

I guess if I'm going to be programming it I want something that's extremely thorough and aware even though I know that that's actually like, a hard problem that even the biggest software companies haven't fully solved. But I'd want to at least be using one of their APIs or something, not be manually checking to see if that character is a single quote or an apostrophe. But no, I'm too junior to make design decisions like that. It's making my head throb thinking about it.
>>
File: 1476760911153.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476760911153.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>When a project manager comes to you at 3:45 on a Friday and lets you know that some ill defined feature is needed by next Wednesday. And you find out they've been sitting on it since 2 weeks ago. And you can't push back any of the other stuff you're working on.

>When the CEO asks me how long something is gonna take and I inflate my estimate by a factor of 4 but then that inflated estimate is still off by a factor of 4 by the time it ships. How the fuck do I still have a job?

hahah. this is my life though :')
>>
>>57156035
"why can't you just..."
t. product managers
>>
Maven. Fuck maven. A ton of it isn't even portable to other build systems like gradle either. Everyone who thinks maven is an acceptable solution to building their complex java projects should rewrite it in GNU Make then off themselves.
>>
>>57156024
basically me, but add undocumented code and features to the mix. I really don't understand how everyone hasn't got fired yet
>>
>>57155936
sounds fun honestly
>>
>>57155500
>anything with encryption and/or certificates
>hardware vendors
>OS/driver vendors
>DRM
>anything web-related
>administration
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.