[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"I didn't want the full screen" What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 22

File: 1398752621877.png (474KB, 780x653px) Image search: [Google]
1398752621877.png
474KB, 780x653px
>"I didn't want the full screen"
What did she mean by that?
>>
>>57154608
Well she wasn't wrong.
>>
>>57154608
>html
>coding
>>
>>57154641
>trying to correct somebody over something meticulous
>being wrong

If she would have said programming she would be wrong, she is write in saying writing html is coding. HTML is code, writing HTML is coding, just like formating a post in bbcode is coding.
>>
>>57154608
This >>57154641
>>
who says girls can't crop
>>
>>57154641
This. I can't help but clench my fists and imagine how quickly I would choke this bitch to death.
>>
>>57154608
Why didn't she just take a screenshot?
>>
>>57154679
It's stalkerish haha
>>
>>57154679
She didn't want the whole screen.
>>
>>57154664
I don't care about being correct grammatically. In this hypothetical situation the big bad wolf of patriarchy is not saying that women can't write in a markup language it is saying that women can't code in programming languages.
>>
>>57154679
The whole screen, she didn't want it.
>>
>>57154608
fuck yeah bitch code me up that title titled blank page
>>
>>57154684
>>57154685
>>57154693
But... She could have just cropped it... In Microsoft paint nonetheless...
>>
>>57154705

No, anon. She didn't want the whole screen, ok?
>>
>>57154705
Stop stalking, my dude ahha
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (104KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
104KB, 1920x1080px
>>57154713
BUT I NEED TO KNOW WHAT WAS ON THAT SCREEN! WHAT WAS SO IMPORTANT!!! WE NEED ANSWERS DAMN IT!
>>
I think the real question here is...

Why didn't she want the whole screen? what is she hiding /g/?
>>
>>57154731
EXACTLY!
>>
>>57154737
stay in facebook
>>
>>57154608
Ah, so this is the sort of person who uses Notepad++.
>>
>>57154664
>she is write
>write
>>
File: 1447956674990.png (1MB, 964x633px) Image search: [Google]
1447956674990.png
1MB, 964x633px
The subject isn't the screen in itself or hiding anything in particular.
Nor an implied lack of understanding in print screen or screen grabbing.

Females attach importance to images and more importantly their self-image, so it's an instinctive shot with a camera.

Taking a print screen would involve an upload or an alteration of her view in a way.

The focus of the post is insistence on the reality of the ability to code.

A photo of a screen, even unoptimized has a rather greater truthful value for the female from a point of view in reality

Versus editing or screen grabbing which is an artificial form, therefore counter-intuitive to the purpose of the post in proving her coding skills are real.

in b4 kys
>>
>>57154675
>4chan pass
>retarded

as expected
>>
>>57154800
Oh, neet.
>>
>>57154800
Well said. Now let's discuss her abuse of tables and non-semantic HTML attributes.
>>
>>57154608
Who are you quoting? I don't find the quote "I didn't want the full screen" anywhere in the image.
>>
File: 1474290932586.jpg (8KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
1474290932586.jpg
8KB, 325x325px
> inline CSS
> using tables for layout

I knew better than this only 2 hours into learning HTML/CSS. Which are markup languages. Without logic or decision making.
>>
>>57154739
fuck you
>>
>>57154689
Actually, you're just "saying" (quotes because you just used meme arrows) html isn't coding, which is wrong.
>>
she said she didn't want the whole screen, which the print screen function does. she could have edited the image once she took a screen capture, but that means adding yet another obnoxious step compared to posting via mobile, which she did instead.

of course a bunch of nitpicky autistic faggots would have a conniption fit about this, but when you settle down from your tantrum just remember that she's going to make more money than you because you failed the culture fit portion of your interview and they were just excited to empower a strong woman engineer.
>>
if you dont want the whole screen use snipping tool then you dumb cunt
>>
>>57155450
the snipping tool wasn't built into windows until 10. this image has been around for a while (if you didn't know this, then hi welcome to the internet. maybe you should head over to reddit)

you see, windows is a garbage operating system for niggers and pajeets.
>>
>>57155465
>the snipping tool wasn't built into windows until 10

you almost got me there, bud
>>
File: 1452925906505.jpg (44KB, 474x429px) Image search: [Google]
1452925906505.jpg
44KB, 474x429px
>>57155443
>>
>>57154641
Coding yes, programming no.
>>
>>57155491
sorry if i don't know the ins and outs of features of operating systems for indians and gamers.
>>
>>57155505
its ok for now, but you should probably know the basics before forming an uninformed opinion :-)
>>
>>57155517
Why does this matter? Daniel complained about her not knowing what print screen is.
>>
>>57155527
snippingtool is faster if you want a screenshot but not the whole screen
>>
>>57155517
>>57155505
the snipping tool wouldn't have been much better anyway. you'd have to assign a keyboard shortcut or open the program from the start menu (or search for it and start it). these are all slower than pressing print screen, which itself is slower than taking a picture with your phone.

bikeshedding about how someone captures an image of text is exactly the kind of focused discussion i would expect people on /g/ to gravitate toward, but this is still kind of embarrassing.
>>
>>57154608
She doesn't know Alt print screen
>>
that she's too stupid to figure out how to print screen but also doesn't want to admit it because women are narcissistic and believe they are smarter than anyone so she doesn't want to break the image.
>>
>>57155022
>he doesn't know that meme arrows are used to paraphrase or reword quotes as well as directly quote them
>he is still alive
>>
>>57155450
Or just use Alt and print screen and you only get the window open
>>
>>57155535
Faster than what? PrtScr takes longer overall, but taking a photo with your phone is certainly faster than the other two options (unless the Snipping Tool has some shortcut I didn't know about -- I last used Windows 7 and I only remember OneNote having Super+S mapped to a snipping-esque tool).
>>
>>57155564
is this true? that's surprising, i had no idea.

and was daniel trying to communicate this in his post?
>>
>>57155581
This is true, I use it for work regularly
>>
File: 1474687608920.gif (2MB, 275x154px) Image search: [Google]
1474687608920.gif
2MB, 275x154px
>>57154608

> she thinks some light HTML and CSS scripting constitutes 'coding'
>>
>>57155616
we discussed this earlier in this short thread. it's coding. it's not programming. if you're going to be a pedantic faggot, at least be right.
>>
File: 1474689784263.gif (4MB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
1474689784263.gif
4MB, 480x358px
>>57155618

>I'm a white knight that thinks there's a distinction between coding and programming
>>
>>57155644
literally stop being a retarded negroid.
>>
>>57155644
Did you honestly not even read 5 posts in? See >>57154664
Get a grip, on reality.
>>
>>57155655

No, I didn't read your tedious handwaving.
>>
>>57154608
Why do "strong wymyn" constantly seek validation like this?
>>
>people don't use the shortcut to only screenshot a specific window
The snipping tool may be more versatile but its slower than printscreens direct counterparts.
>>
>>57155644
>Programming
Writing a logical procedure for a computer to follow, as to achieve a desired result.
Low bar of entry (e.g. TIBASIC), but has a high learning curve and requires some effort and skill to become proficient.
A programmer doesn't really operate in any specific language, it's just a vehicle to convey your process in a way the computer can understand. Psuedocode is just as good as any other language for demonstrating concepts.
It takes years to become a good programmer, and they typically command a decent salary.

>Coding
Formatting input as to be used by a computer.
Writing code is basically just taking either words or thoughts, and putting them into a format that the computer can use. Coding is the first step to programming.
You can hire pajeets to spew code for a few dollars an hour.

So writing some HTML with CSS is not all that different from drawing your webpage in illustrator, except you're using keywords and special characters instead of your mouse.

While it may be annoying to see some Womyn writing "hello world" or "index.htm", and posting it on social media, you should realize that their efforts won't really amount to much more than that.
Real employers (not bay area startups) will continue to hire qualified candidates, and when Karlie can't figure out FizzBuzz, her application will land in the trash.
>>
>>57155842
Do you program or code a washing machine?
>>
>>57155840
Do you think she's actually learning HTML/CSS because she wants to become a professional webdev?
>>
>>57155852
Most washing machines have electro-mechanical timers, so neither really.

If you're talking about digital ones, using embedded microcontrollers, that's programming.
There's a whole career field in embedded development.

Oh wait, that was a joke, and I'm autistic.
>>
File: 1438352192438.png (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1438352192438.png
10KB, 300x300px
>>57154608
>girls
>logic
Pick one
>>
>>57155876
Actually, my point was that the barrier of entry for something defined as either "programming" or "coding" is similarly low. Programming GENERALLY takes more effort because it involves translation of ideas and logic (while this and this are true do this otherwise jump to this point and do this instead) as opposed to semantics (blue = #00F). I wouldn't call using a Python library to download and parse JSON data an impressive feat the same way I wouldn't overlook somebody "just encoding" something with LaTeX.

The issue is that calling someone a "programmer" elevates them to the level of people who invented algorithms, when in reality they are far more likely to just implement existing ideas and concepts with existing tools and libraries they themselves don't even understand. Using a Javascript library for AES is not the same as IMPLEMENTING AES.
>>
HTML with CSS rules can arguably be called a program, since certain blocks of CSS are run depending on the state of the DOM.
>>
>>57155980
CSS is turing-complete
>>
>>57155980
>>57156001
Yup

https://jsfiddle.net/eQyBa/
>>
>>57155942
I get what you're saying, and for the most part, I agree.
Like I said earlier, it's quite easy to start programming. Writing a simple program on your TI-83 is programming.

Maybe I was being over-analytic, or overly literal when I made my post earlier.
We have this argument all the time on /g/ about what "coding" and "programming" means, and I think it largely stems from the fact that we don't want these attention-whores (not trying to be /r9k/, they're literally just doing it for attention) using terms like "program" and "code", and in the process de-valuing what we do.

Example:
>Jen: So what do you do?
>Ron: I'm a programmer for Exxon.
>Jen: Programming? Oh, my friend Karlie does that too, she posts about it on Facebook all the time!

It is fundamentally the same thing, but it's not fair to the people who do real work to be lumped together like that.
>>
File: 4275.gif (822KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
4275.gif
822KB, 200x150px
>>57154608
Reminds me of those pics where girls post shit like a literal blob of mayo on a slice of toast and some peas and maybe a cold sausage by the side with comments like "Look what I'm treating my bf to this evening! #wifematerial"
>>
>>57155443
>mixes up "strong" with "retarded"
>implies she isn't working for a retarded company

I'd rather swallow a bullet than having her job. Or being like her.
>>
>>57156083
>Guys look I didn't just heat up frozen stouffer's lasagna!

My coworker's wife does this. He bitches about how she stays at home all day with the 2 kids, and doesn't even cook.
His fault he didn't pull out.
>>
>>57156072
>We have this argument all the time on /g/ about what "coding" and "programming" means
I know you do, and it's fucking retarded. That's precisely the point. The "pajeets" and Github programmers /g/ loves to meme about ARE programmers. They represent the absolute vast majority of programmers. The reason we have so many of them is because everything has been made already. Even the "developers" who are working on Photoshop these days just reuse ImageMagick and various third party libraries, then package it up in a nice UI with an interface that runs on Node.JS (no, seriously). We have a reached a point in history where the people who are employed by MICROSOFT can't write a fucking TEXT EDITOR themselves, they have to rely on a premade Javascript text editor library running on top of an application framework that uses Webkit to render everything which in turn uses V8. The average "sysadmin" for a major corporation just sets up an SQL server with a bunch of libraries and templates.

Those are the "programmers" who work for "Exxon". Explain to me how they are any different from attention whores copypasting snippets from W3Schools. Programming stopped being hard about 15 years ago.
>>
>>57156121
Hope at least she does kinky stuff in bed..
>>
>>57156140
Assuming they've managed 2 kids in 2 years, something has to be good.
>>
>>57156136
someone still has to write Node.js, webkit, those libraries... and then compilers for all that. and then the OS.

so...
>>
>>57156136
Great, you've hit the consumer level of programming. What about all the stuff for business, research, and military?
Someone programming the AIM 9X can't just "import infrared".
Microsoft has recently shifted towards hiring shit programmers for their OS lately, since they don't really care about windows as much as they used to.

Also, someone who programs geological simulations for Exxon is going to have a much different job than pajeet implementing the latest start menu.
>>
>>57154739
spoderman
>>
>>57156192
I remember the times when you could send an ICMP packet to a Windows host, and that would bluescreen it. And when you told them about it they said: "Don't send the packet, then!".

They never really cared about Windows.
>>
>>57156171
Yeah, and they've already written them. We have those things. And 99% of programmers will happily use those things instead of having to create it themselves. Occasionally some hipster gets fed up with the existing standard being "deprecated" and reinvents the wheel for no reason, and that's it.

Take Android for instance. It already has a kernel and drivers, with a few dozen people who know their shit working on it. On top of that you have the work Google themselves put in, things like ART and whatnot which once again is largely done by a couple people at most. And then, you have an absolute fucking TON of "apps" written in Java by code monkeys that all use a billion different premade libraries for everything to reinvent the wheel. Most of the work Google does on Android is in the form of changing the fucking launcher every year, coming up with yet another chat app that will revolutionize everything, and changing the interface of the Play Store for absolutely no reason. That is 99% of the "programming" Google as a whole does, and where most of the salaries go. That is the job you are likely to get if you go and work as a "programmer" for Google.
>>
>a self contained HTML file visible, entirely visible on one page
>It's a meaningless table
>look at me, I'm coooooding!
>>
>>57156136
This is why top tech companies call their top workers "engineers" that use programming as a tool to solve problems.
>>
>>57155566
I've got it on the start menu, so it's like 6 clicks to have the file cropped and saved. Better than having to open paint, but not tons.
>>
>>57154641
What is it if it's not code?
>>
>>57156192
"Business" uses Windows XP and Microsoft SQL server. "Research" uses NumPy and Mathematica. The military and companies that make custom industrial equipment, I'll give you that. Which once again is not the kind of job you'll find in most cases when there's a job listing that says "programmer" or "developer".

>>57156233
Exactly.
>>
>>57156239
HTML is a markup language. It's just a way to annotate text.
>>
>>57156259
What do you think a markup LANGUAGE is? A way to format things according to a CODE.
>>
>>57156136
>Photoshop uses imagemagick

do you have brain damage
>>
>>57156266
HTML is language, but not a programming language. Writing HTML is not coding. Give up. You can twist words all you want but you won't change meaning.
>>
File: Uwqg6eE.png (113KB, 1300x608px) Image search: [Google]
Uwqg6eE.png
113KB, 1300x608px
>>57156268
Do you?
>>
>>57156275
>code is a system of rules to convert information
>You can twist words all you want but you won't change meaning
WEW
LAD
>>
>>57156275
Writing HTML is not programming. Writing HTML is coding. You can twist words all you want but you won't change meaning.
>>
>>57156284
Try deleting it and see if photoshop will still work.
I have Windows Photoshop CS6 here.
convert is not bundled with it.
>>
>>57154608
>women in tech

checkem
>>
>>57156305
>>57156288
You won't achieve anything by doing this.
>>
>>57156305
Technically, you are programming a computer to do something by giving it a sequence of instructions.
>>
>>57156326
By being right? I don't understand. You either don't understand that programming and coding are not the same thing or you just can't put together simple logic.
>>
>>57156329
HTML markup tags are not instructions.
>>
>>57154739
PEST CONTROL!
>>
>>57156329
No, you are organizing text for a computer program to use, it's called mark up for a reason.
>>
>>57156335
>By being right?
You are not right. Classifying writing HTML as coding will only cause confusion. If you write on a resume that you're an avid coder and then it's discovered that you can only write HTML, you're going to be rejected.
>>
>>57156326
What did you expect to achieve, posting in a meme thread of /g/?
>>
>>57156352
You're an idiot and being purposely misleading when everybody can see through it. Adding things like "avidly" in so when I correct you you'll fall back on that you can't be an avid coder if you only know one language.

I'm right, you're wrong fucking retard.

Markup is code. Code is a system of organizing or classifying information. It is not programming. Neck yourself. you are bad at debating and even worse at understanding basic intro to /g/ concepts.
>>
>>57156363
Arguing has a calming effect on me.
>>
>>57156316
They only started using it in CC, same with Node.JS. I think it's only for some plugins or something, you can also delete the Node based welcome screen thing and it will fall back to the default file picker. The point I was trying to make was that Photoshop already has everything, so Adobe can't really employ people to do anything with it other than make arbitrary changes and "improvements". I'm fairly certain they've been using standard libraries for handling file formats and filters since forever, though. I doubt anyone at Adobe who was hired after 2000 contributed to anything major, they either had everything by then or bought it later on from Macromedia and various other companies.

The two things I can name that were recent additions to PS and involve more than a couple lines of trivial code would be the content aware fill (the "technology" for which existed in previous versions), and the brush engine which is more or less just a bunch of presets.

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/features.html

I mean look at the changelog for fuck's sake. It's all usability improvements and changes that require no programming whatsoever. Even the library extension they added is just written in Node.JS because they couldn't be bothered to use their OWN extension framework to make it.
>>
>>57156375
You keep saying code, but code and coding are not the same thing. You still have not presented your dictionary definition of coding that makes writing HTML coding.
>>
>>57156388
>code and coding are not the same thing

Do I need to teach you about nouns and verbs too buddy? You're making a fool of yourself.
>>
>>57156387
There is also content aware scale, which is completely different from content aware fill.

Existence of those things alone destroys your idea that nothing new is being written.
>>
>>57156388
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/coding
>The process of assigning a code to something for classification or identification.
???
>>
>>57156387
Oh, and OpenGL acceleration I guess. Which has been there since CS5, and works like ass.
>>
>>57156401
Dictionaries have different definition for nouns and verbs. They are most definitely not always the same.

>>57156411
Great. This clearly does not classify writing HTML as coding.
>>
File: 1455891551200.jpg (29KB, 456x620px) Image search: [Google]
1455891551200.jpg
29KB, 456x620px
Holy shit this thread contains some weapons grade autism.
>>
>>57156409
Well, consider my idea destroyed. I legit can't tell if you were being sarcastic.
>>
>>57154664
>over something meticulous
u wot
If html is fucking coding, then writing fucking word documents is coding.
>>
>>57156428
Not sarcastic. New things are still being written and will continue to be.
>>
>>57156430
It is, if you open the XML file yourself and edit the code.
>>
>>57156419
>The process of assigning a code to something for classification or identification
>you are organizing text for a computer program to use
Clearly not remotely the same thing lmao
>>
>>57154811
Is there a way to filter 4chan pass users like I can with namefags?
>>
>>57156419
>Great. This clearly does not classify writing HTML as coding.
>looks at fact that proves A
>makes completely false statement saying it proves A false

Fucking retards on /g/, makes me wonder if /g/ really is just a bunch of 16 y/os here for apple and desktop threads
>>
>>57156430
It is you retard. Does no one know what a code and coding is?
>>
>>57156436
New things are IMPLEMENTED, with minimal to no actual programming necessary. And they continue to be, because Adobe needs to justify having a subscription fee.
>>
>>57156447
Do you know what classification/identification is?
>>
>>57156452
>>
>>57156452
>>
>>57156458
Do you know what HTML is, or any markup language is?
>>
>>57156458
Do you know what HTML is, or any markup language is?
>>
>>57156468
Yes. It is a markup language. It is not used to identify nor classify.
>>
>>57155548
hahaha, I got fooled by alt f4 already, you won't fool me again
>>
>>57156475
You don't know what a markup language is.
>>
>>57156501
Go ahead and post the definition then that would support your views that markup language is used for identification and/or classification.
>>
>>57154608
>"Who says girls can't do code..."
No one. People say they can't do program.
>>
File: 1381579125993.jpg (448KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1381579125993.jpg
448KB, 3840x2160px
>>57156477
>"hey guys you can get unlimited money by pressing alt f4!"
>anon1 has left the game
>anon2 has left the game

Evry tiem
>>
File: KfucOsR.png (783KB, 802x523px) Image search: [Google]
KfucOsR.png
783KB, 802x523px
>>57154608
><table>
><table>
></table>
>>
>>57156514
csgo?
>>
File: 1465311634254.jpg (93KB, 640x533px) Image search: [Google]
1465311634254.jpg
93KB, 640x533px
>>57154608
Sometimes it's more faster to make a photo of screen, crop and sent it by the app.
>>
>>57156528
>Sometimes
Like when you're retarded?
>>
File: has_anynoe.jpg (59KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
has_anynoe.jpg
59KB, 600x600px
>>57156528
>Sometimes it's more faster to make a photo of screen, crop and sent it by the app.
>>
>>57154689
like normies and sjws give a flying shit about the differences between markup languages and programming languages
>>
>>57156560
>implying that's a bad thing
>>
>>57156454
lol look at this retard
>ok so this is the title :))))
>and.. i'll put this in bold :))))))
>right now I need a table
>yosho
Wow I never knew I was coding at the age of 9.
Am I child prodigy gee?
>>
>>57156607
>Am I child prodigy gee?
The opposite, you don't even understand basic words and concepts.

>muh coding is something hard that only real autists like me can do
l fucking el
>>
>>57156629
>Specifying structure is coding

I'm almost certain this is bait.
>>
>>57156607
>ok so this is a 100 unit long line :))))
>and I'll make an instruction to turn right :)))))
>right I'll make it loop a number of times
>yosho
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logo_(programming_language)

I know I was.
>>
>>57156645
Since when is autism content with "almost"?
>>
>>57156645
That's literally what coding is.
>>
>>57156648
>do this, this and this
>this is this, that is that, those are those
>the same thing

Why is /g/ full of retards.
>>
>>57156669
You tell me.
>>
>>57156645
Look it up in a dictionary.
>>
File: 1437438039508.jpg (12KB, 228x228px) Image search: [Google]
1437438039508.jpg
12KB, 228x228px
>>57154693
>>
Her HTML is totally wrong.

Also, alt+prntscrn.
>>
>>57156520
This
And use fucking stylesheets
>>
>>57156675
At the very least we can agree that it's not turing complete, and so isn't as powerful as a real programming language.
It's not even as powerful as fucking finite automata.
k
y
s
>>
>>57156709
>not turing complete
Of course not, and it's not a programming language at all. Are you retarded?
>>
>>57156697
1. Identation
2. A H-tag inside of a table-tag
3. Unclosed P-tags
>>
>>57156731
Poor game, baito-san.
I was hoping you wouldn't just cop out like that, at lest try and keep your argument going for the sake of fun.
>>
>>57156759
Bait aside. HTML is coding. It's not a programming language. And it could not possibly be turing complete. And thinking about it, you expecting anyone to try to make a case that it is is actually quite retarded.
>>
>>57154800
This guy knows how girls think.

>>57154826
The opposite.
>>
>>57156785
Nobody uses HTML by itself for anything, though. It's typically coupled with CSS at the very least, in which case it IS turing complete, or Javascript, which IS a programming language.
>>
>>57154705
It's more efficient to take a picture on mobile and instantly post it to facebook, though.

>>57156560
Someone should ask her what the difference is between coding and programming. Would she know?
>>
CTRL+PrintScreen takes a cap of the active window only btw, that ones on me lads
>>
why not just use the snipping tool
>>
>>57156785
HTML is a markup language; no dictionary definition of the word "coding" supports your idea that writing HTML is coding.
>>
>>57156855
Alt, you mean. Win+PrtScr also saves it into your pictures folder on 8 and above.
>>
>>57156867
Hmm might be ALT, I'm using sharex so maybe that added the CTRL shortcut for me
Also didn't know about the winkey one, neat
>>
>>57156862
>>57156785
OK FUCK
CAN WE JUST POINT OUT THAT MR. BAIT THERE IS TALKING ABOUT A DIFFERENT DEFINITION OF THE WORD 'CODING', NOT THE COMMON USAGE AS A PSEUDONYM FOR PROGRAMMING.

>Code, a rule for converting a piece of information into another form or representation
>>
>>57156862
>muh dictionary
Yes it does.
>>
>>57156876
Unless you have an authoritative source to back your claim about the definition, it is just your opinion and nothing else.
>>
>>57156862
What would you call the process of translating ideas into an HTML-encoded document, then? What is UniCODE?

>>57156875
Yeah, most programs set it to Ctrl since it isn't bound to anything by default.
>>
>>57156867
how did I not know this
>>
>>57156894
I would call that writing a HTML document, just like any sane person does.
>>
>>57156903
Then we should get rid of the terms "programming" and "coding" altogether. You're just a writer.
>>
>>57156913
You can do anything you want. I'll keep using those terms to refer to writing code in a programming language, and I can be sure in a conversation the other party won't misunderstand me when I use them.
>>
>>57156921
And I'll keep calling "writing HTML" coding, and they won't misunderstand me either.
>>
>>57156935
Yeah, good luck with that.
>>
>>57156945
Thanks.
>>
Maybe we should call them encoders ;^)
(But then again, consider this one autismos, isn't 'coder' just a short form of 'encoder'?)
>>
>>57156448
Not all pass users are retarded. Only the ones that like to show it to everyone and think they're better or something.

t. Pass user
>>
File: based.png (28KB, 288x155px) Image search: [Google]
based.png
28KB, 288x155px
Why didn't she just use the Snipping Tool?
>>
>>57154608
>test.html
Not index.html

>Default NP++ scheme
kek

>using depreciated properties like 'bgcolor'
top kek

>inline CSS
The kekest

>That tabbing, code format in general
kys

>not knowing how to printscreen a window or use snipping tool
Typical feminist.

INB4 she gets given a mac and free college tuition.
>>
>>57155465
>the snipping tool wasn't built into windows until 10.
Lowest of baits
>>
>>57157694
>Not index.html
what's the problem here?
>>
>>57158507
i admitted that i was wrong and apologized for not knowing more about pajeet operating system features. if you want to offer your faggot commentary, do it earlier.
>>
>>57156501
Dear friend, please stop baiting; you're beginning to make me think you have no idea what you're talking about. Coding is synonymous with programming, and a markup language is not a programming language. It's that simple, unfortunately.
>>
>>57157694
>he is proud that he can write basic html syntax

hhahahaahahahahahah

web "programmers" everyone
>>
>>57154628
And that's almost as good as being right :^)

Gold star sticker for her.
>>
>>57156336
Instructions for rendering a page
>>
>>57154608
crop you dumb fuck your just about as stupid as the bitch in the PIC
>>
>>57154608
>snipping tool
>>
>>57154800
>>57156834
neck/off/kill/annihilate yourselves
>>
>>57154641

/thread
>>
<html>
<style>
table
{
border-collapse: collapse;
}
table, td, th
{
border:3px solid #17375E;
}
p.sansserif{font-family: Calibri,sans-serif;}
<style>
<body>
<table width "100%"; align="center">
<table border="1" align="center">
<h1 style="text-align:left"><p class="sansserif">Title</h1>
<tr>
<td bgcolor = "#c0c0c0"><p class="sansserif">Page 1</td>
<td bgcolor = "#c0c0c0"><p class="sansserif">Page 2</td>
<td bgcolor = "#c0c0c0"><p class="sansserif">Page 3</td>
<td bgcolor = "#c0c0c0"><p class="sansserif">Page 4</td>
</tr>
</table>
</body>
</html>

Where to even begin? The page doesn't even render.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161020-160014.png (34KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161020-160014.png
34KB, 1080x1920px
>>57158999
It does, you didnt close the style tag you dumbass. Even this girl knows better.
>>
>>57154608
who says grils can't crop
>>
>>57156732
>Unclosed P-tags
http://stackoverflow.com/a/25749523
>>
>>57154608
i hate how literally all of this is incorrect but the worst part for me is the trailing semicolons.
>>
File: tumblr.jpg (27KB, 452x254px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr.jpg
27KB, 452x254px
>>57154608
>inline styles
>>
>>57154608
messed up attribute syntax, you'd get something like "bgcolor" and "#hex", later is probably going to be dropped, so "bgcolor=bgcolor" in the end
>>
>>57154608
>html
>coding
>>
>>57156387
Makes sense sums up why everything is has to be subscription based to make money anymore
>>
>>57154608
The syntax has to be off.. right?
I havnt done html since I was 12..
The <h1> on line 15 should be over to the left or something so that the on line 20 there isnt a .... line that just terminates to white space..
>>
>>57158599
>web programmer

I work for a software house writing BCPL, C#, C and JAVA programs.
>>
>decide to browse github for a while
>stumble upon some random google repository
>check the commit history
>often see a female avatar
>"wew i guess woman programmers do exist"
>check profile
>its a tranny

wew
>>
>>57162127
Cheapest way to reach diversity quotas, you can claim to hire both a woman and a mental ill person with just one salary.
>>
>>57162127
>its a tranny
There are actually alot of tranny programmers
>>
>>57162186
Kek
>>
>>57154739
FUCK YOU
>>
>>57155435

>HyperText Markup Language (HTML) is the standard markup language for creating web pages and web applications
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML

>markup language
>A markup language is a system for annotating a document in a way that is syntactically distinguishable from the text
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markup_language

Changing the layout of your page is NOT coding.
You're not coding when you're writing in Word, are you?
Fuck off now.
>>
>>57162228
I'm being serious. A few well known programmers that helped shape all of modern computing and cs were actually trannies.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danielle_Bunten_Berry
>>
>>57154608
This image gave me a stroke.
>>
>>57154756
What's bad about notepad++? (serious question, I use it only for webdev and txt files because the standard win editor is absolute garbage)
>>
>>57162445
ain't nothing wrong w/ n++, just /g/ being el autismo
>muh vim
>muh emacs
>>
>>57155566
Windows key + "snip" +enter should find and launch it
>>
>>57154608
Did she just copy-paste HTML code from a site made in 2000?
>>
>>57158542
Homepages search for index.html by default
Unless she only runs that one page, her website will break
>>
File: 1361196404984.jpg (19KB, 380x287px) Image search: [Google]
1361196404984.jpg
19KB, 380x287px
>>57162747
default pages search for whatever you specify.
typically you can use index.htm, index.php, default.php, default.asp, however the fuck you want.
though given the fact she's formatting with tables, I doubt she'd know that.
Thread posts: 212
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.