[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr51 /index.html#Diversity &

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: Crlc1dMWEAAs7td.jpg-large.jpg (10KB, 595x303px) Image search: [Google]
Crlc1dMWEAAs7td.jpg-large.jpg
10KB, 595x303px
http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr51/index.html#Diversity

>In a change from other platforms, the default skin tone remains white, rather than going with a "Simpsons yellow" as recommended by Unicode, and used on other platforms.
>>
File: vomit.gif (268KB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
vomit.gif
268KB, 288x216px
>>57154440
People still use emojis? Fucking disgusting.
>>
>Samsung surprised many when it updated emojis on the flagship Galaxy Note 7 in August this year, yet failed to address the majority of the emoji shortcomings such as skin tones, or support for newer emojis.

>In an odd turn of events, Samsung's biggest emoji update in years has been released as part of the relatively feature-free1 Green Battery Update which was released on September 22, 2016.

This update to the Galaxy Note software changes 70 existing emojis, and includes 496 new emojis for the first time.

Then I was like WTF, there's a SKIN TONE MODIFIER IN FUCKIN UNICODE??

Lo and behold the document from OP.

We failed as a species.
>>
>>57154765
>Then I was like WTF, there's a SKIN TONE MODIFIER IN FUCKIN UNICODE??
It's probably just a stupid way to get people more excited about testing obscure features of Unicode that would otherwise only show up in ass-backwards languages.
>>
>>57154440
that article is actually really well written.
>>
>>57154883
no, it's absolutely not that

Unicode has been polluting the codespaces and the standard with shit like this for years now.

SKIN TONE MODIFIER is not used in any "languages".

Just the read the spec in the OP.
>>
>>57154440
I absolutely cannot believe we are wasting Unicode character space with this shit. There are at least five obscure languages that haven't been digitized yet which would be more important than being able to insert a gay brown couple into a tweet.
>>
>OH MY GOD, PEOPLE WANT EMOJIS THAT LOOK LIKE THEM!! FUCKING REDDIT CANCER!
Who gives a shit? We should be more worried about "open formats" like html5 officially adopting DRM
>>
>>57154745
Spotted the virgin
>>
>>57154992
if no one gives a shit then why is it being done, you gay jew nigger?
>>
>>57155002
u fuckin wot
>>
>white people invent computers, internet, networking, programming, operating systems, etc
>get shit on for making avatars
>>
>>57154970
html5 (and web) is shit that is going to be replaced sooner or later.

but unicode was sacred
>>
Taking "First World Problems" to a whole new level.
>>
>making Unicode represent cute little pictures
Reminder that Kanji looks exactly the same as Chinese characters and the Chinese and Japanese characters share many representations in Unicode.
>>
>>57154937
No, but code points outside the BMP and code point sequences ARE used in various languages. And some faggot app developer is more likely to care about making sure emojis work than they would if it was just obscure scripts from places in Africa no one's ever heard of.
>>
File: that-T800-feel.png (28KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
that-T800-feel.png
28KB, 633x758px
>>57154999
Normggers used to know their place on this this board.
>>
>>57155250
Please read the spec again, or explain to me better.

They don't just go with "emoji use standard code sequence mechanism as defined in Unicode 2.0" or whatever.

They go: "here's a new useful feature, with very weird semantics"
>>
>>57154999
getting fucked in the ass is nothing to brag about buddy
>>
>Of course, there are many other types of diversity in human appearance besides different skin tones: Different hair styles and color, use of eyeglasses, various kinds of facial hair, different body shapes, different headwear, and so on. It is beyond the scope of Unicode to provide an encoding-based mechanism for representing every aspect of human appearance diversity that emoji users might want to indicate. The best approach for communicating very specific human images—or any type of image in which preservation of specific appearance is very important—is the use of embedded graphics, as described in Longer Term Solutions.

When you click "Longer Term Solutions", it says it would be fantastic to how some futuristic technology to actually embed IMAGES INTO TEXT

woah
>>
>>57155777
* it would be fantastic to have
>>
>>57154745
>le emoji maymay :^)
>>
>>57154440
Can we just purge non-whites from western civilization already.
>>
this triggers my autism hard

even worse than all the new domain zones

at least the later are reversible, but unicode is here to stay for the next 500 years
>>
>>57154440
>be white
>live in a white country
>whites make modern science
>whites build great cities
>whites build nations on great continents
>rainbow people move here
>scream raycis
>tell us we have to give up our accomplishments because they feel left out, instead of building their own society and technologies
>the (((original refugees))) now claim to be white
>tell our children that they need to be a better global citizen, tell us that we need to integrate better
>mfw we have to give up our countries, culture, identity, and accomplishments in the name of gibmedats
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.