[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to be renting my first linux server that I plan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1471469027794.jpg (36KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1471469027794.jpg
36KB, 800x600px
I'm going to be renting my first linux server that I plan on using for personal projects.

I will be working with a LAMP stack on Cent OS, and am mainly interested in learning how to properly install/configure/secure it.

What is a decent tutorial for this purpose?
>>
Marco is a cuck
Also, use a search engine/read the wiki, you fucking retard
>>
>>57152503
>Centos
Just use ubuntu server, works much better and better repository. I'd only recommend if you only want to run a few things you know how to configure with little bullshit. Yum is great and all but it's a piece of shit. If you must use centos, then beware. If you don't like ubuntu then fedora is a better alternative with dnf. Of course you could just say fuck it and go that route, check out the ars technica guide they have and have fun.

Web-served.
>>
>>57152550
>i have nerver had a job working with linux servers
>>
>>57152503
digital ocean will have a bunch of tutorials on all of that more than likely
>>
>>57152586

Thanks, just what I was looking for actually. I was going with Cent OS because that's all Hostgator offered, but Digital Ocean seems to offer all kinds of platforms which is nice because I really wanted to work with Debian.
>>
>>57152651
i don't use DO anymore personally but you should probably just go with them for learning shit about CentOS. presumably you want to get some sysadmin experience of some kind and that's all you'll encounter if you get a job in web hosting. terrible fucking centos servers running cpanel or a trashy LAMP stack.
>>
>>57152566
Not that it matters, read the op and re-read my shit. Does it matter if it actually does something different, or does it matter if it actually is usable. Fuck yum.
>>
>>57152503
/g/ wiki on how to secure server + digital ocean tutorials
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.