[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you even touch type, /g/? https://www.youtube.com/watch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

Do you even touch type, /g/?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEuuNZXwCjg

Which method did you use to learn how to do it?
>>
they taught us this stuff back in middle school
>>
>>57151264
>Which method did you use to learn how to do it?
Using a computer regularly?
What the fuck it should just come naturally.. stop looking at your fucking keyboard.
>>
File: keyboard.gif (61KB, 800x482px) Image search: [Google]
keyboard.gif
61KB, 800x482px
>>57151346
Touch typing is not only about not looking at your keyboard and start typing.
>>
>>57151264
pre ge rs
>>
>>57151416
>Touch typing (also called touch type or touch keyboarding) is typing without using the sense of sight to find the keys.

Piece of shit
>>
>>57151264
i played mmo's as a kid
>>
>>57151264
telemetry
>>
by wasting my youth on a computer
>>
I use Cortana
>>
File: file.png (28KB, 188x342px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
28KB, 188x342px
Is that a boy or a girl?
>>
>>57151698
Does it matter?
>>
>>57151698
Girl.
>>
>>57151264
Thanks for the obnoxious video
>>
>>57152567
She's cute. You can't deny that.
>>
I'm shocked that there are people my age who type with their index fingers as if using all ten in unison requires too much brainpower.
>>
I can touch type. I'm not that fast (only 75wpm) and don't do it properly but it works.
>how did you learn
By typing
>>
>>57152814
My dad uses computers on a daily basis and he still henpecks. It's pretty weird because other than that he's rather tech savvy.
>>
>>57152814
i only use like 5 fingers to type

my left thumb both middle fingers and both index fingers. i just move my hands back and forth on the keyboard as i type so that i can hit all keys with just those fingers

i can type 98wpm without looking at the keyboard that way.
>>
>>57151416
Does anyone actually follow this religiously? I barely use my right pinky at all.
>>
>>57152749
>she
>>
>>57151264
I do but slowly, the staggering on the zxcv row fuck me over on standard layouts. Still gotta look down for modified keys
>>
MMORPGs without voicechat
>>
I do 130 wpm in my first language and around 70 in English.
Bruh...
>>
>do you touch type
not properly. Never learned properly early on. I can do 65WPM but never use my pinkies except for the furthest keys like shift enter, etc.

Unfortunately hueg hands make it difficult to properly type, especially for extended periods of time.

If I could advise my past self about typing I would recommend getting a good keyboard and learning LH dvorak
>>
touch typing is fucking gay shit for gay fucking faggots fuck you faggot fucker i typed this using only my index fingers in under 30 seconds hahahahaahaha
>>
>>57151416
fuck off with this retarded setup, I can't even properly use my pinky or ring finger to reach anything other than ctrl or shift
>>
>>57151264
I swear I took typing classes, knew all the rules, and where every key was, but was sure I would never be able to touch type... just poked away at the keys with two fingers... then one day I just started doing it right and now it's second nature. Kinda bizarre actually.
>>
Learned it in summer class before 9th grade. One of my friends was actually mad that I was able to touch type.
>>
>>57151416
>that image
I type at 130 wpm using only 4 fingers, so whatever.
>>
Touch typing is fine.
Except for symbols. FUCK I never got it quite together after all these years.
Learned half-assedly in elementary school, but learned in earnest in high school (thought you were going to CompSci class? Nope, typing and word processing. Thanks, Mabel!)

I can hit 100wpm if I try really, really, really hard. I usually don't.
>>
>>57153571
I do for the most part, except I developed the bad habit of using LShift exclusively. It also took me a very long time to master the top row, because I was using the keypad as a crutch.

>>57155371
I only really internalized the symbols after I started using lots of regular expressions in Vim.
>>
File: msx_magazine_1989-04_p182-183.jpg (2MB, 2338x1518px) Image search: [Google]
msx_magazine_1989-04_p182-183.jpg
2MB, 2338x1518px
I learned the same way every computer kid of the 80s did. Typing in BASIC programs from magazines.
>>
How the fuck does anyone post on this website and NOT know how to touch type? What the fuck
>>
>>57151264

I can type 75 wpm while glancing at the keyboard every few words, it's pretty fast and I didn't have to learn some retarded "technique" to do it, it just came naturally. Is there any reason learning how to touch type other than being an autist?
>>
File: type.webm (1MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
type.webm
1MB, 800x450px
>>57155536
You'll look more professional.
>>
>>57151264
i want to fuck his boipussy
>>
>>57156044
That's a female, you homo.
>>
>>57155536
Wrist strain

If your typing all day it adds up quickly
>>
>>57155867
>you'll look more professional

Who actually gives a shit???????????????????????????????????????????????????????
>>
>>57151264
>when girls try to be funny.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.