[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys I have a driver problem (I think) with my video card. Every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled2.png (29KB, 782x566px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
29KB, 782x566px
Guys I have a driver problem (I think) with my video card. Every time I install its settings driver, it gives me the thread stuck in device driver error and blue screens. I can install the display adapters but not the settings driver so I crossfire the gpus.

Can anyone help ? They're R9 290 from saphire and R9 290X OC from gigabyte.
>>
Guys I'm dying here. halp.

I need to crossfire the videocards but I'm unable without the settings driver. Is there anyway to crossfire without it ? I installed their display drivers but not the settings one.
>>
>>57144699
Do you use Crimson?
>>
File: Untitled.png (583KB, 604x684px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
583KB, 604x684px
>>57145059
Yes, I've also installed an older one too to see if it does the same and I'm not able to crossfire. It just gives BSOD and thread_stuck_in_device_driver error.

If I try to plug the video card in it gives me weird vertical lines like in pic related
>>
Known problem with sapphire 290x
>>
>>57145085
>Uninstall everything, use onboard for the meanwhile
>Uninstall using DDU
>Pick one card.
>Use gigabyte CD if you installed using the gigabyte card. Use Sapphire CD if you used the sap card.
>Make sure the card you used can be read. Now shut down.
>Try to install the 2nd card.
>If all fails, go back to DDU.
>Install one card, then use crimson.
>If it works, install 2.
>>
>>57144699
gonna bump this thread. I only fixed issues with low end radeon cards.

gonna need some real OGs.
>>
>>57145176
I don't have a cdrom, I install using drivers from their website..
>>
>>57145202
Oh dang.
>Make sure you're using the right drivers
>x86 / x64; win 10, 7 whatever
>Try using the gigabyte card first.. since anon pointed out the sapp card has issues with cfire
>>
>>57145235
The Saphire card works, the Gigabyte is the one with the problems.

If I plug the hdmi into the saphire I get clear image and all is well but if I use the gigabyte one, then I get vertical lines and then goes into black screen.

I've installed an uninstalled the drivers multiple times but no luck.. I've even changed its thermal paste
>>
>>57145275
Maybe it's time that the Gigabyte's card to rest. I have no more suggestions, you could probably wait for other anons to reply.
>>
>>57145298
I'm thinking of going to a service with it to see if they can repair it.
>>
>>57145311
That's a better idea tho. GLHF anon, may your crossfire setup live on.
>>
>>57145338
Thanks man. Any other anons can help ?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.