[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dear /g/. I often see posts about "Windows 10 telemetr

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 241
Thread images: 34

File: 1473828970873.png (211KB, 401x379px) Image search: [Google]
1473828970873.png
211KB, 401x379px
Dear /g/.

I often see posts about "Windows 10 telemetry" and how it is supposed to spy their users and all. I was digging the problem and from what I saw, I can configure it to reduce talking back to acceptable level. "Acceptable", because I dont consider sole fact that OS is communicating with some server enough to call it "botnet".

Show me, why you think Im wrong.

In other words, as owner of (not installed yet) Win10 Edu copy, if MS is saying:

>You can configure telemetry at the Security level, turn off Windows Defender telemetry and MSRT reporting, and turn off all other connections to Microsoft network endpoints as described in this article to help prevent Windows from sending any data to Microsoft. There are many reason why these communications are enabled by default, such as updating malware definitions and maintain current certificate revocation lists, which is why we strongly recommend against this.
>technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/manage/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services

why I shouldnt believe them?

I know that some people will say "because they are corporation" or something like that, but such assumption is simply silly. Other big companies also utilize MS products - what point would it have to lie to them? And what implications would have discovering such lies? People are suggesting "selling data for ads" and similar, but again, while it does make sense in case of totally free OS (which Win10 is not), it doesnt in case of corporate and similar devices. Imagine the court cases against MS, if this would actually be true. Funny enough, as some people say "if it sound logical, it doesnt automatically mean it is true", and it apply to both cases.

Another argument is about those few videos, .gifs and .webms with people showing "Enterprise LTSB" like some magic sign and then internet activity spikes not only when typing something but also with mouse clicks.

(field too long, cont in next post)
>>
While packages during start searching are easy explained with start menu using internet searching as integrated with Bing (something that can be easily disabled in Group Policies, as shown in link I posted - turning it off also really speeds up search function, as I noticed at work), mouse clicks make no sense. Especially odd with so little info about tested machine and its settings, never showed on those videos.

Others would also point out that Windows is closed source, so it is enough reason, like if open source status would automatically make software glorious and kind, especially given how much people actually looked into the code of distro they use.

There are other suggestions, even ranging to scanning all contents of your hard drive. While PhotoDNA function is indeed use on OneDrive, I couldnt find any proofs that the same happens to your HDDs, let alone actual scanning of all contents. And what would they do with petabytes of data generated that way every day?

Once again - why I shouldnt believe their explanations and own articles?

Im not attacking anyone, I just want to fish out answer in the sea of memes.
>>
File: FXXRkeA.gif (2MB, 1718x938px) Image search: [Google]
FXXRkeA.gif
2MB, 1718x938px
>>57143429
You don't.
>>
>>57143639
>not even bothering to filter out 192.168.0.0/16
That's not very informative.
>>
>>57143889
>he doesn't know
192.168.150.129 is the address of localhost in this gif.
>>
>>57143889
>>57143917
Also, if you look at source and destination, there is always one of them that is a remote address. So there is nothing to filter out.
>>
File: 1371226849264.jpg (206KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1371226849264.jpg
206KB, 900x1200px
>>57143429

I don't really care if anyone else uses Windows 10 so long as it is no where near my network.

Remember the XboxOne debacle before Microsoft's u-turn due to public backlash? The ridiculous amount of privacy invasion in order to simply turn the thing on was enough to make Microsoft reconsider (and only then it was due to their bottom line, not the customer's privacy).

Anyway, those that use Windows 10 will not care and will sink back into their delusion because Microsoft has plausible deniability (it's "for your convenience").

It's best practice to eliminate potential risk when building a secure system, so in this instance, not using anything by Microsoft is a given.
>>
why are you conflating security updates with telemetry/botnet shenanigans?
>>
>>57144371
>security updates
How brainwashed are you?
>>
>>57144371

I dont. I heard such things out on /g/ several times and thats why Im asking.

>>57143639

Thats the very gif I was talking about in first post. No info about PC settings, just showing internet activity and magic charm in form of edition name, "LOOK IT PINGS!".

Since it is related: www.zdnet.com/article/when-it-comes-to-windows-10-privacy-dont-trust-amateur-analysts/

I must also add that copy I have on my desk doesnt even come with Cortana, due to language not being supported, so that only leave my ISP monitoring my internet activity.

Also, Im living in EU, not US.
>>
>>57144536
>www.zdnet.com/article/when-it-comes-to-windows-10-privacy-dont-trust-amateur-analysts/

Oh yeah, sure, lets all listen to the words of a proven Microsoft shill:

>Ed Bott is an American technology journalist and author, known for his books and articles on Microsoft Windows.[1]
>While he has over twenty years of experience writing about a variety of tech-related topics and has written for some well-known media outlets, such as PC World and PC/Computing; he has made a name for himself with his renown pro-Microsoft bias.
>he has made a name for himself with his renown pro-Microsoft bias.
>pro-Microsoft bias

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Bott

Uh huh.
>>
>>57144420
>vulnerabilities don't need to be patched
you're a bit thick aren't you?
>>
the microsoft botnet is understandable though, they are probably at a serious disadvantage compared to google botnet, and their OS is how they would have to catch up
>>
>>57144605
>still thinks he is receiving security patch
>>
>>57144576

Good counter-weight for all this Linux-bias I see, dont you think?

>>57144620

And why you think you dont? Because "hurr closed source, durr MS iz bad"? Or because of your paranoia?
>>
>>57144693
Why do you think Windows 10 is free? If you're not paying for it, you're not the client.
>>
>>57144605
I think his point was that "security patches" are a bit pointless when your OS has actual spyware built in. Not to mention that they're completely fucking pointless in general and only patch obscure vulnerabilities that wouldn't have affected you anyways, because malware writers don't bother, and people who pose an actual threat would use zero days.
>>
>>57144909
It's not free. Year long free upgrade offer from select existing systems does not equate completely free.
>>
>>57144956
Why do you think Windows 10 is effectively free for anyone who wants it in the slightest?
>>
File: 1469877216580.jpg (119KB, 678x1032px) Image search: [Google]
1469877216580.jpg
119KB, 678x1032px
>>
>>57144990
It's cost-effective for MS and they really want people moving on it.
>>
>>57145020
>cost-effective
>you're not paying
Get off my board, shill.
>>
File: retarded.png (160KB, 568x1023px) Image search: [Google]
retarded.png
160KB, 568x1023px
>>57144956
>he doesn't know you can still get it for free by pretending to be disabled
>>
>>57145067
You mistake me. Cost-effective as in gather usage info directly from users so they don't have to keep an internal QA department.
>>
>>57144955

Yeah, sure, because when a hole is old enough, nobody will care anymore. Surely nobody will care and it could be left unplugged. What could go wrong?

>>57144909

>Why do you think Windows 10 is free?

Funny because I dont think its free. If I would not be a student, I would not have my legal copy.

>Why do you think Windows 10 is effectively free for anyone who wants it in the slightest?

You could say the same about all other Windows versions, due to piracy, but to get to the point of legal upgrade - fragmentation. Apple provide upgrades, because they can then freely cut down suport for older versions. MS also had real problem with their userbase being spread among XP, Vista, 7 and 8.1. And why would devs make use of features of new OSes, if most of people overall still use version that no longer support it?

>>57145015

>memes memes memes
>>
>>57145108
>If I would not be a student, I would not have my legal copy.
So it's free then..

Actually, just stay on Windows. I don't care about what you do. But how pitiful, you'll never experience the elevated feeling of using arch. :^)
>>
>>57145255

Its more like saying gym is free to use, because you got that free entry from job, while everyone else have to pay.

>you'll never experience the elevated feeling of using arch. :^)

You mean screwing everything up with Packman?
>>
File: Windows 10.webm (3MB, 747x420px) Image search: [Google]
Windows 10.webm
3MB, 747x420px
daily reminder that windows 10 is literal spyware
>>
>>57145486

Wow, great resolution, I can clearly see all the traffic on this small webm.

Oh, look, its another of "those" videos - lets install it on VM, dont show any settings, no info about what exactly we work on, lets show some SUSPICIOUS encrypted packages (duh, who would send diagnostic data without encryption?), decrypt them by our cool program (despite everyone else claiming that they cant be decrypted) and poof - screenshoots, made for no reason and providing no use. Lets also assume it constantly made those screenshoots (again, for no fucking point - imagine those petabytes of data to handle), that nobody else confirms.

And, in the end, the best part - russian language. I missed this part, where author tells everyone to watch only Russia Today, as the only true source of information, not censored by arch enemies in US.

Really? Thats your proof?
>>
>>57144693
You don't have proof of MS good intentions because is closed source.
>>
>>57145628
buthurt shill
>>
>>57145645
>>57145652
Here comes the desperate red hat shills
>>
File: b4f.jpg (23KB, 569x428px) Image search: [Google]
b4f.jpg
23KB, 569x428px
>>57143639
>>57145486

Maybe is here a smart /g/uy who wants to repeat what they are doing in the webms make an own test for us.
I like to post these Windows 10 spying webms because I don't like Microsoft. But still, I would like to know if OP is right and/or these webms are nonsense, tbqh.
>>
>>57145690
Suz, don't want to waste my time installing this ugly bloatnet
>>
>>57145645

Ad ignorantiam, and...

>>57145652

... ad hominem.

I expected better.
>>
>>57145748
Nobody's taking you seriously. :)
>>
>>57145748
>Ad ignorantiam

Wrong. It is not a fallacy because this is a valid point. Stop trying to come across as something more than just a dullard.
>>
>>57143429
Because microsoft is an IP holder and has valid interest in prosecuting violations of "intellectual" "property" law

Why would they let you turn off something that could be used to protect their own profits? Hint: They won't. Their OS, their games, their rules.

if you have a deep disrespect for such laws and actively violate them knowing full well that it is illegal, and believe fully that such laws are invalid, immoral, or corrupt, to the point that you violate them brazenly and frequently, then you have something to hide and something to fear.
>>
>>57145777
>>57145790
Not an argument.
>>
File: stefan_nope.jpg (24KB, 225x253px) Image search: [Google]
stefan_nope.jpg
24KB, 225x253px
>>57145803

Not an argument either.
>>
>>57145790
>my point is valid because I said so
What an argument.
>>
>>57145849
Not an argument as well though.
>>
>>57145790

This is actually perfect example of "ad ignorantiam". You claim that this is closed source, so it cant be proven right or wrong and automatically assume it MUST be true.

This fits the definition of "there is no proof that X is false, so it must be true".
>>
>>57145803
pseudointellectuals, everyone

>his own arguments are fallacies, yet calls for proof the may hinder his agenda are fallacies
>>
>>57145849
Not an argument either!
>>
>>57145884
OP claimed that it could be trusted because big companies use it (no way woudl they get special treatment)
OP claimed that microsoft could be trusted

OP is a fallacy comitting wanker with no argument, NO PROOF, and a whole lot of pseudointellectual smugness pent up and ready to unleash on anyone who calls him a moron

>how dare you call me a faggot. ad hominem! strawman! aaaaagh!
>>
>>57145777
>>57145877
>>57145849
>>57145897
Not valid arguments, try again, fags.
>>
>>57145916
Ad hominem. Try again
>>
>>57145866

Not my point nor an argument.

>>57145884

>You claim that this is closed source, so it cant be proven right or wrong and automatically assume it MUST be true.

It wasn't my point but that anon is correct. You cannot know with certainty what the closed source code is up to. I also never claim that it is absolutely true. You cannot know what the code is up to because it is closed source so why implicitly trust it as you do? You rationalize it to fit your agenda.

>This fits the definition of "there is no proof that X is false, so it must be true".

No, because I don't claim anything in this instance is absolutely true.
>>
>>57145748
>>57145790
>>57145884
Maybe you guys should focus on the actual fucking point instead of quoting Latin terms at each other.
>>
File: 1433429210169.png (523KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1433429210169.png
523KB, 900x675px
>>57143429
A lot of the W10 rumours are FUD. It's very possible to block updates and telemetry without resorting to any third party tools. Even if you don't it's only when you make a Microsoft account and the default settings that people are truly fucked.

That said it's still disgusting how Microsoft is now actively hostile to user choice, making them jump through hoops to disable things that should always be optional or even making it completely impossible. They are even deceptive to try and trick people into settings things the way they want. Not to mention upgrading was borderline forced. Judging by the changes the AU brought this trend will only continue with every new build. In fact the update process itself even reverts many of your settings so you'll always have to remain on guard.

Putting all the privacy issues aside W10 is ugly and buggy as fuck and everything feels unfinished. If you can run W7, 8 or Linux instead you should do it. W10 should not be supported for many many reasons.
>>
>>57145951
>[unused line]
>bla bla
>[unused line]
OP is not autistic. Stop asking him so much attention to details.
>>
>>57145957

But anon, OP believes one thing and calls any questioning of his belief a fallacy. He's like a devout theist kowtowing to the church of Microsoft.
>>
>>57145978
That doesn't make his points any less valid. Neither does this: You're a cunt.
>>
>>57145973
Not an argument.
>>
>>57145960
>tfw when the default install on Linux is now better than Windows 10 in every aspects
>>
>>57145978
>But anon, /g/ believes one thing and calls any questioning of his belief a fallacy. He's like a devout theist kowtowing to the church of Stallman.
>>
>>57145960
W10 may be ugly and unfinished, but lets stop kidding ourselves the DE solutions on Linux are much, much worse
>>
>>57145988

It does when he is completely unable to take on board any other viewpoints or concerns that do not fit his worldview. i.e. he is unwilling to consider contrary evidence or even speculation that upsets him. In other words, you are arguing that a flat-earther has valid viewpoints simply because which is absurd.

>You're a cunt.

Is that all you have? Got any more?
>>
>>57146005

Says no-one ever. Stallman gets hate from all sorts of people.
>>
>>57146040
This. Everyone hate pretty much everything but at least this filters viral religions from poisoning the board.
>>
>>57145916

No, I linked MS own article with both declaration and explanation, which functions within OS connects to their servers, why and how to disable them (because there are situations where companies/users would want to stop such connections - like halting collection of data that would not be sent at all, because OS doesnt even connect to internet for prolonged time), then I asked why I shouldnt consider it a lie.

You didnt provide an answer. All I got was some very questionable gifs/webms and claiments that they MUST be doing it, because they are bad and closed source.

Maybe phrase "innocent until proved guilty" is not fitting in this case, but for fuck sake, I keep asking for proofs and all I get is some speculations.

Also, I pointed out flaws of such claiments and logical conclusions of spying in such form and why I consider it not worth the effort, since NSA can get such info easier way and MS would gain nothing more from analyzing such absurd ammouns of data than it can get from faster and easier sources. Simple collection fo info from "suggested sites" and autofill from Edge contains enough important data for ads purposes and % of people actually blocking that is negligible.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (200KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
200KB, 1366x768px
heyy I got a problem and I don't know where to ask and this thread seems somewhat relevant because it has something to do with windows 10

so here it goes... how to make that box in the picture disappear for good. when I'm usin my laptop and scroll down or up with the trackpad using 2 fingers it sometimes just randomly pops up and iterrupts everything.

What do I have to do to make it stop or if there are some ways to google this could I maybe have the keywords. english isn't my native language and everything I try to search is not about this problem.
>>
File: Prism.jpg (89KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
Prism.jpg
89KB, 700x525px
>>57146090
>then I asked why I shouldnt consider it a lie.

LOL.

> All I got was some very questionable gifs/webms and claiments that they MUST be doing it, because they are bad and closed source.

>waaah, i can't trust muh microsoft

>Maybe phrase "innocent until proved guilty" is not fitting in this case, but for fuck sake, I keep asking for proofs and all I get is some speculations.

Pic related. See Microsoft?

>Also, I pointed out flaws of such claiments and logical conclusions of spying in such form and why I consider it not worth the effort, since NSA can get such info easier way and MS would gain

My ass. You have about the same reasoning powers an undergrad women's studies hipster.
>>
>>57146091
Install gentoo
>>
>>57144576
Ed Bott is a paid shill for MS, has been for decades

Nobody takes ZDnet seriously
>>
>>57146023

Funny, I could say the very same about all those "MS is bad" posts I see in this thread.

Words from creators of software is in this case most viable source of info and yet you not only decline them because of your own point of view, but also fails to provide any real and most importantly - testable proofs.

In order to accept experiment outcome, it must be possible to repeat it ine xact same conditions and with same results.
>>
>>57146153

Im pretty sure that if NSA would want my ass, they would have it right now. If they would want some EU guy ass, thats it.

>My ass. You have about the same reasoning powers an undergrad women's studies hipster.

Likewise.
>>
>>57146091
That's just the Cortana/search thing in the start menu, you probably have something set up to launch a search when you do a specific trackpad gesture. Check the Synaptics control panel or whatever your laptop uses, it should be under mouse settings or a program in your tray.
>>
>>57146198
Richard Stallman is a paid shill for GNU, has been for decades.

Nobody takes freetards seriously.
>>
>>57146262

>Im pretty sure that if NSA would want my ass, they would have it right now. If they would want some EU guy ass, thats it.

Moving the goalposts.

>Likewise

Tu quoque.
>>
>>57146294

>hic jacet

[insert Latin phrase here]
>>
>>57146327

Not an argument.
>>
>>57146346

Not an argument.
>>
>>57146231
Then take a packet sniffer and prove it yourself, faggot.

You keep claiming that there is no proof, yet dismiss everything else as speculation just because.

Microsoft downloaded Windows 10 even when users asked not to, bundled telemetry and Win10 propaganda as critical security updates, upgraded the OS even after users asked not to AMD assumed that those very users agreed to the Win10 EULA even though it's different than the one in Win7/8. Not only that, but it keeps sending data to some weird-ass servers even after younturn off telemetry AND they have the balls to reactivate those settings whenever a new update comes.

Just that alone is enough to not trust or support MS for a lot of us, yet you keep typing "not an argument. Linux lel" because you're a retard.

>if they were spying there would be lawsuits

Except not because they make you sign a fucking EULA that gives them permission to do that and most countries are retarded enough to let software companies break the law as long as it's on the EULA.

Also, there are several lawsuits against MS for installing forcibly Win10 and for sending personal information overseas without any options to opt-out, but you'll still dismiss that. Fucking pajeet.
>>
>>57146374
Not an argument.
>>
>>57146391
have you even read the EULA? The Privacy Policy? Burden of proof is on the person making the claim, not the other way around.

>Fucking Pajeet.
Racism, nice.
>>
This >>57146391

Never mind the fact Windows 10 is banned in Russia and probably China. Hell, even Windows 8 was banned in China.
>>
File: triggered.png (167KB, 390x360px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.png
167KB, 390x360px
>>57146428

OMG SOMEONE IS BEING RACIST! MODs!!
>>
>>57146478
okay
>>
>>57146391

>yet dismiss everything else as speculation just because

Because I STILL dont see any proofs. More than that, by such posts you make it clear that YOU dont understand, how it actually works.

>Microsoft downloaded Windows 10 even when users asked not to
>upgraded the OS even after users asked not to AMD assumed that those very users agreed to the Win10 EULA even though it's different than the one in Win7/8

Why the fuck my PC asked for permission first, then? Why my mother PC did as well. Why every single co-worker PC asked as well, with exceptions of few people, that didnt really cared and just click "okay" and "next" when PC ask them?

> it keeps sending data to some weird-ass servers even after younturn off telemetry

Because telemetry settings manage content of packages of data, not the function itself. If you would read MS own documentation, you would know that this very component is always on and proper level reduces its content to just your machine class and OS ID (so called "security" level). Nothing more than what other Windows versons does. Just pings.

>AND they have the balls to reactivate those settings whenever a new update comes

Because thats one of the more common argument, I decided to check this with my work PC that came with pre-installed Win10 and my mother laptop, where I actually did upgrade on her demand.

Settings didnt reset after any of upgrades. That one infamous settings reset to default values that was commented so often on /g/, was one time bug on MS side, which was fixed later anyway and they admitted it.

>Just that alone

If I could only type this in any claims and send to Nature or something. Nobel Price guaranteed.

Also

>EULA, EULA, EULA

See >>57146428 guy.

>>57146442

>Banned in Russia

I still remember how Russian goverment declared how they will make their own OS, truly "national" or some other bullshit, because USA is EVUL.
>>
File: high.jpg (35KB, 232x200px) Image search: [Google]
high.jpg
35KB, 232x200px
>>57146664
>because USA is EVUL
>>
>>57146736

This might sound funny, but in most of Russia, its almost some kind of dogma.

Generations of selection and conditioning.
>>
>>57146791

Hmmm. Why do you think that would be?
>>
>>57146865

People were writing books about it and you expect me to answer it in single sentence?

One answer would be "Cold War" but the reality is much more complicated.
>>
>>57146865
Jealousy. Putin's a manlet and potentially homosexual in denial
>>
>>57146901
>Cold War

Ah yes. I suppose Americans weren't brought up with the same conditioning during the cold war.
>>
>>57146906

>Jealousy

Of course. It must be that. Nothing to do with being a rival on the world stage to the status quo.
>>
>>57146914
yeah but American's didn't lose
>>
>>57146940
just because you're a rival doesn't mean you have to go full ham
>>
File: inane3.jpg (76KB, 594x446px) Image search: [Google]
inane3.jpg
76KB, 594x446px
I've installed Arch on my thinkpads and just recently to this extra laptop I have and they have convinced me to switch to Linux full time

there are no forced updates, no datamining. I don't have to put a piece of tape on my webcam, I don't have to worry about microshit knowing pretty much everything I'm doing with my computer. it doesn't slow down by time, updating doesn't take forever with the chance of failing, nothing breaks my drivers unless I'm responsible for it

I just don't feel like I need Windows anymore. I can run everything through a VM or wine, if for some reason I would need to use windows... it's over, microshit is finished
>>
>>57146943

This is immaterial. During the cold war both sides hated each other. This filters down into a population through propaganda. It's laughable how people see themselves as virtuous and on the right side of history just because they believe their own government's bullshit.
>>
File: monica.jpg (26KB, 446x336px) Image search: [Google]
monica.jpg
26KB, 446x336px
>>57146991

Brother.
>>
>>57146991
>there are no forced updates

Yeah just broken ones.

If you're going total neckbear mode you might as well just finish the job and install gentoo. you'll thank me later.
>>
>>57146901
>muuuuh it's more complicated than that
Sorry, your existence is futile.
>>
>>57146998

I actually stand between, you know. EU and shit.

However, living in country formerly occupied by Russians, I know how much they lie and twist reality. No kidding, "double think" in practice.
>>
>>57147047

Poland?
>>
>>57147041

You know that only people with simple minds have simple answer to everything?
>>
>>57147068

You got me, mate.
>>
File: polanball.png (180KB, 975x825px) Image search: [Google]
polanball.png
180KB, 975x825px
>>57147108

I understand :^)
>>
>>57147085
If you're implying simplicity is comparable to idiocy, then no.
>>
>>57143639
>block all Microsoft IPs and start Windows Update
>get surprised when Windows Update freaks out
Wow it's fucking nothing.
>>
>install peerblock
>set link to Ms lists
>use Spybot anti beacon

Wow, no more telemetry!
>>
>>57147513

Only problem is that if service fails to connect, it will try again right away. And again. And again...

I remember one "analyze" of traffic, where guys were freaked out due to massive ammount of connecton attempts due to that.
>>
>>57143429

The telemetry done in Windows 10 is doing the same shit that every commercial website and search engine has been doing since early 2000s.

Mah privacy-fags don't understand that internet has never been "private" or "free" since day 1 (back during ARPANET days)

If you have a genuine need for privacy they would using FOSS software on systems that are "offline" and avoiding using the internet as much as possible.
>>
>>57147575
So?
>>
>>57147580
Working on your desktop computer is not the same as working online.
>>
>>57147590

Oh, nothing, its just that some people might be concerned.
>>
>>57147662

It is because commercial software world has moved away from being "offline". You are pretty much require to have some kind of internet connection for "anti-piracy" measures and more of the content is moving onto the "cloud".

Desktop computer as we know is becoming anachronistic as mainframe computing back during their heyday.

Meaningful online digital privacy has been dead for over a decade. Encryption just keeps honest users honest.
>>
>>57143429
1. Turn off all Windows telemetry, everything.
2. Monitor internet connection with packet sniffer.
3. Watch Windows still sending data to Microsoft servers.
>>
ITT freetards butthurt, tears and ass ravagment
>>
>>57147030

updating Linux hasn't broken the system since I dunno 2012?

ever since they let indians take over microshit, it's been a steady downhill
>>
>>57144990
It's not though, why would so many people use cracked Windows installs then?
>>
>>57147030
>Yeah just broken ones.
[citation needed]
>>
File: telemetry_hs.webm (3MB, 889x500px) Image search: [Google]
telemetry_hs.webm
3MB, 889x500px
LITERAL SPYWARE
>>
>>57148055

See >>57145486 and >>57145628
>>
>>57146428
Yes, I have. Have you? Because it clearly states they can collect any data they want and use it for "targeted ads" as well as send it to any government agency that asks for it.

It does say that users can opt-out of the data mining features, but that's BS since you can't turn off telemetry or Cortana. Even if you could, I'd still wouldn't trust them because they claimed you could not upgrade to Win10 and yet they still dowmladed and installed it even if you asked not to.
>>
>>57148055

Doing the same thing as every piece of commercial software has been doing since the late 2000s.

Blame social media for mainstream market's lax attitude towards software that phone home and data-mining.

Protip: Most of that W10 telemetry is really just data collection for ads (for Microsoft Store) and general user stats for development team (fixing bugs, UI decisions, figuring out crashes etc)
>>
High quality edition webm for grandpas that are hard of hearing.
>>
>>57145486
>>57148055
>>57145486
It is the insider edition, it is supposed to be spyware (and it was the same for all previous Windows). Read user agreements.
>>
File: 1.jpg (78KB, 771x665px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
78KB, 771x665px
>>57145628
> I missed this part, where author tells everyone to watch only Russia Today
EVERYTHING RUSSIANS SAY IS A LIE.
ONLY CNN, MSNBC (picrelated, kek) AN FOX ARE RELIABLE SOURCES OF INFORMATION. EVERYTHING WRITTEN BY NON-AMERICANS IS A PROPAGANDA
>>
>>57148347
they collect anonymous data and only send data to governments when it's in good faith to do so. Sure you can argue that that's problematic, but it's hardly the mountain freeboards make it out to be
>>
>>57148622
*freetards
>>
>>57148523
>RSA_DECRYPTOR.exe

lol
>>
File: reminder.jpg (114KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
reminder.jpg
114KB, 700x525px
>>57148622
>they collect anonymous data and only send data to governments when it's in good faith to do so

I'M SURE THEY DO.
>>
File: los pepes.png (1MB, 943x545px) Image search: [Google]
los pepes.png
1MB, 943x545px
>>57148622
I bet agents of CIA, FBI, NSA, MI6, KGB and MSS haven't been sleeping for last two years trying to be the ones who would collect all information about you.
>>
>>57148724
>>57148732

unless you have any proof suggesting otherwise then yeah, it's just speculation
>>
>>57143429
Hello OP,

The trend is to collect as much data as is possible. If not for the government then for having a more rich profile of you to advertise better.

I heard that microsoft said they want to even track what you type in a wordfile so they can give you better search results (or advertise the correct things to you)

If this doesn't sound creepy enough to you, then I can't help you.
>>
>>57148614

I wont say anything about US media and such, but I watched that Russia Today for a while and they were twisting and lying so much it was almost pathetic.

>>57148347

>Because it clearly states they can collect any data they want and use it for "targeted ads"

It specify components that might collect such data. This is required, as if you, for example, enable spelling correction, it will monitor sentences you type, compare with database and collect data to upgrade itself. You can turn it off, but if you can keep it on, it MUST be mentioned in EULA. Kinda like those EULAs for games, where they warn you that they might need your email adress if you try to contact their tech support. They MIGHT need some data, so it must be mentioned.

>as well as send it to any government agency that asks for it

Requirement from US goverment. Hell, all other goverments too, since even police demands unrestricted access, when court says so.

>but that's BS since you can't turn off telemetry or Cortana

You can turn off Cortana, by group policy. Some versions dont come with her anyway. As for telemetry, see >>57146664

Same post for "upgrading against user will".

>>57148666

Again, I often heard on /g/ that you cant decrypt those packages. When I asked about rumors of people being able to, I got told it was just some bullshit.
>>
>>57148791
>why isn't everyone taking my anecdotes and hearsay as fact???
>>
>>57145486
Source url for this video?
>>
>>57147580
But it was "more" free back then.
You can not be sure to not get robbed one day. But it is more likely when you live in detroid.

The same way the internet was more free yesterday than it will be tomorrow.
>>
>>57148622
>they collect anonymous data

No, they don't. They clearly state that hey create an unique ID per user for "ads" and "error reports".

Good faith? Everything they ask for is in "good faith."
>>
>>57148866
it was also less sophisticated back then as well
>>
>>57146017
What are DE solutions?
>>
>>57148879
If you keep advertising ID activated. In the end it's all just fed into a massive ML process so that if, say, you're a male you don't get a bunch of useless tampax ads.

But, yeah if it bugs you just disable it
>>
>>57148891
GNOME and KDE essentially
>>
>>57148491
It's still wrong. Because users are deceived.

If you hide the fact from the users that, "we will send a screenshot of your desktop, every minute through the internet" then this practice is shady.

The user should always know what is happening, and the software developer should tell the truth about what his software does.

But that's just my opinion.
>>
>>57148963
>"we will send a screenshot of your desktop, every minute through the internet"

That's not what's happening though
>>
>>57148974
I think he's exaggerating.
>>
>>57148550
"Insider" Edition. lololol, because microsoft is already "inside" you computer, *wink* *wink* get it?
>>
>>57148993
your computer isn't the only thing that's inside...
>>
File: internet-security-professional.png (948KB, 936x950px) Image search: [Google]
internet-security-professional.png
948KB, 936x950px
>>57148055
Woah, this looks TOTALLY legit! There's absolutely NO way to fake a webm, as we all know. I think /g/ better follow this wzor.net guy on the shitter for more hard-hitting investigative journalism on M$ privacy violations!
>>
File: laser beams.png (3MB, 1622x948px) Image search: [Google]
laser beams.png
3MB, 1622x948px
>>57148833
> I wont say anything about US media and such, but I watched that Russia Today for a while and they were twisting and lying so much it was almost pathetic.
The problem is that you're tolerate to lies of American television and intolerate to information from any "hostile" media.
So, a little lie from a kremlin TV for you is something really bad, but a sequence of really serious fabrications from your friendly media is nothing. Moreover, you won't notice it in a lot of cases because these lies became truth for you.
Check this out, it would be really helpful for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8moLsg_eT8 (there are English and some other subtitles). This video is not made by Russian Officials (or any other officials) and is not supposed to brainwash a Burgerland citizen, so it's save to watch. It was made for Russians and Ukrainians, to, actually, un-brainwash them.
>>
>>57148988
yeah because with out embellishment you see that it's not really a problem
>>
>>57149010

Thank you. Subscribed.
>>
>>57148833
No. The EULA only says that their programs might collect data, it doesn't say which ones do and it doesn't especify what kind of data they collect, they only have a list of examples, but they never say that's the only kind of data they collect.

Group policies won't let you disable Cortana in the Basic version and telemetry cannot be disabled in any way. And no, previous versions of Windows didn't come with that telemetry. They only added that in a recent update, before that they only sent information to MS Servers when you told it to send an error report, go check for updates or the validity of your license.

Whoever wrote that you could ignore the update is a shill. They literally removed the button allowing you to say no to the upgrade, they downloaded the fucking OS even if you asked not to at the beginning and then upgraded without further notice during "inactive hours". Thousands of PCs were upgraded when users weren't around. There were even lawsuits that they lost due to this "feature".
>>
>>57149041
thing is RT doesn't give a fuck about journalism ethics and is just a media branch of their shitty government. Why anyone would go there for news is beyond me
>>
>>57149068
>, it doesn't say which ones do and it doesn't especify what kind of data they collect,

The privacy policy clearly does
>>
>>57148835
Sorry Anon, if I would collect all the bullshit humanity does nowadays, I would have already killed myself.

But here you go:
>Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to: 1.comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies; 2.protect our customers, for example to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of the services, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone; 3.operate and maintain the security of our services, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks; or 4.protect the rights or property of Microsoft, including enforcing the terms governing the use of the services – however, if we receive information indicating that someone is using our services to traffic in stolen intellectual or physical property of Microsoft, we will not inspect a customer’s private content ourselves, but we may refer the matter to law enforcement.

http://bgr.com/2015/07/31/windows-10-upgrade-spying-how-to-opt-out/
>>
>>57148915
No. They also have a unique ID for "error reporting" that can't be disabled.
>>
>>57149103
exactly, good faith. MS doesn't want to become accessory to any number of felonies that are conducted through their services
>>
>>57149130
""""""scare quotes""""""

error reporting can be easily set to contain no identifiable information, and MS clearly states in its privacy policy that they only use this information for debug purposes anyway
>>
>>57143429
>why I shouldnt believe them?
because they've been notorious for flat out lying to you about what they collect.

They flat out don't tell you in the EULA that you give them permission to download adware and non-updates like candy crush to your computer. Its complete dogshit
>>
>>57149133
If someone takes a car and kills another person, Ford is not responsible for the driver's driving performance.

The same thing applies to microsoft, that ENTIRE paragraph is them washing out the fact that they're collecting your personal data, emails, contacts and everyone and selling/giving it away to advertisers under "good faith" what ever the fuck that dumb interpretation is going to generate by a lawyer so they can bank on your computing activities
>>
>>57149184
>flat out lying to you about what they collect.

what?

>ou give them permission to download adware and non-updates like candy crush to your computer

oh, you're memeing. Those are just links to the store where you can download them, which of course can be easily removed
>>
>>57149086
> Why anyone would go there for news is beyond me
1. Migrants from ex-USSR countries
2. Tin-foils
3. People with opposite to mass-media attitude. <- key audience. They managed to learn seeing lies of American media and as all they saw was lies, they found a source with opposite position, but can't distinguish truth from lies there yet, so they see RT as the only reliable source.
>>
>>57148883
I don't even know what you want to say.
What we have nowadays can also be accomplished with more freedom and less monopoles.

As long there are people who want that.

But when people identify their own philosophy with the once of Bill Gates or Zuckerberg. Then this looks like the world people want right now.

Really sad.
>>
>>57149086
>thing is CNN/Fox/MSNBC/etc. doesn't give a fuck about journalism ethics and is just a media branch of their shitty government. Why anyone would go there for news is beyond me
>>
>>57149068
>t doesn't say which ones do and it doesn't especify what kind of data they collect
The calendar app wants access to my microphone, pictures and contacts for some fucking reason. I think its clear to know what they're taking
>>
>>57149068

What >>57149100 said, also:

>Group policies won't let you disable Cortana in the Basic version and telemetry cannot be disabled in any way

Good that I dont use Home version. I have legal copy of Edu on my desk, the same level as Enterprise and lets keep with it.

As for telemetry, I said already about how it works and why you cant "disable it", yet can limit ti to non-invasive way.

>Whoever wrote that you could ignore the update is a shill.

But I did. My own PC, from which I type those words is a walking proof. Many others as well.

Does it mean that I "shill" to myself? Thats the whole new level of schizophrenia.

>They literally removed the button allowing you to say no to the upgrade, they downloaded the fucking OS even if you asked not to at the beginning and then upgraded without further notice during "inactive hours". Thousands of PCs were upgraded when users weren't around.

Why I miss all the fun parts then? ;_;

What Im doing wrong?

Honestly tho, I dont think that having different language version would mean a thing, but it would eb damn funny if EU versions of 7 and 8.1 indeed acted differently than US ones.
>>
>>57149221
no, but when you facilitate a communication platform for people to potentially break the law on you probably don't want it to be a black box to law enforcement
>>
>>57149230
>oh, you're memeing.
Windows Updates will install Candy Crush Demo onto your computer

how the fuck is a game demo an update?

>it can easily be removed!
it should never have been downloaded in the first place.

>just links!
its the game demo itself
>>
>>57148988

So what's this >>57148055 then?
>>
>>57148915
>>57148622
>>57146428
>>57146231

OH GOD! i hope this is bait!

Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to: 1.comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies; 2.protect our customers, for example to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of the services, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone; 3.operate and maintain the security of our services, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks; or 4.protect the rights or property of Microsoft, including enforcing the terms governing the use of the services – however, if we receive information indicating that someone is using our services to traffic in stolen intellectual or physical property of Microsoft, we will not inspect a customer’s private content ourselves, but we may refer the matter to law enforcement.
>>
>>57149241
They're still regulated by a relatively respectful government
>>
>>57149253
This is erroneous as fuck

Ford is not responsible for your driving habits the same way microsoft isn't complacent in illegal activities done with their software
>>
>>57149259
>Windows Updates will install Candy Crush Demo onto your computer

not until you tell it to do so through the store
>>
>>57149293
You don't get to tell what or which updates you want to install, it installs it without your permission
>>
>>57149259

>Windows Updates will install Candy Crush Demo onto your computer

Why it didnt on my work PC and my co-worker PC and her laptop?

Why Im missing all the fun you guys have with Win10 all the time?
>>
>>57149267
again, "good faith". They're basically required by law to do this and is a by product of using their cloud service. Every cloud service does this and it's not a problem on linux because no features lol.

You live in a fantasy world if you think this shit could exist without some level of government intervention
>>
Why does the Calendar app want access to my microphone, camera, and contacts?

>>57149309
>why didn't my anecdote agree with your statement?
>checkmate!
>>
>>57149253
So that's why every person in every country on every continent is spyed on?

It's just a reason to have an evil government combining and standing above all others.

Looks like, Satan ahoy.

Soon people will burn the bible on the street and send people to prison for believing in god.
>>
>>57149041
>Check this out, it would be really helpful for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8moLsg_eT8 [Embed]

Fantastic video and is what I have tried to convey to people in the past. Demonization of people like Putin for example, or even Trump is using prime propaganda techniques but it works so well dummies still think, "US GOOD, THEM BAD". It's disappointingly funny in a way that there are so many abject morons in society. They should not be breeding, let alone voting.
>>
>>57149277
Who by?
>>
>>57149301
no it does not. Candy crush is not rolled into any windows update patch
>>
>>57149277
>They're still regulated by a relatively respectful government

Uh huh. Remind me again of how many countries has Russia invaded and destroyed while displacing and leading to the maiming of men, women and children?
>>
>>57149348
http://winaero.com/blog/fix-windows-10-installs-apps-like-candy-crush-soda-saga-automatically/

yes it does
>>
>>57149321
okay

>>57149353
huh i don't know, let's just take a look at the cold war, or say WW2? Yeah man East Germany was just swell too.
>>
Can mods delete this thread? There is clearly a bunch of pajeet shilling Microsoft right there.
>>
File: russian-redpill.jpg (22KB, 594x164px) Image search: [Google]
russian-redpill.jpg
22KB, 594x164px
>>57148055
Link to video tweet by professional Russian computer hacker WZorNET:
https://twitter.com/WZorNET/status/634393788836892672

Link to YouTube video linked to in said tweet complete with obligatory chiptunes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wZg6Rou4es

Link to tweet with instructions for other security experts to reproduce WZorNET's findings:
https://twitter.com/WZorNET/status/634304313154797568
>>
>>57149323

>Demonization of people like Putin for example

As somebody living in Poland - you know SHIT about how real Russians are. Pution is not being "demonized", more than that - western medias actually soften his picture compared to reality.
>>
>>57149277

David Rockefeller:

>We are grateful to the Washington Post, The New York Times, Time Magazine and their great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto-determination practiced in past centuries.

Yeah, right.
>>
>>57149363
works on my machine

>>57149317
for auto complete and to attach pictures and vids to events
>>
>>57149388

>Can mods delete things I dont like?

Jeez, I wonder. Nobody is allowed to say anything positive about MS, right?
>>
>>57149403
>the calendar app needs access to my microphone and webcam to do autocomplete and other needless shit
no its fucking spyware

>hurr works for me doesn't count because I said so
>>
>>57149373
>huh i don't know, let's just take a look at the cold war, or say WW2? Yeah man East Germany was just swell too.

Ah yeah those sure are equivalent to Vietnam, Iraq, Libya, Syria, Afghanistan etc etc. Totally. Shutup dingus.
>>
>>57149403
>we NEED access to your microphone
kek you're shilling hard, how much money do they pay you to do this
>>
>>57149425
it's a calendar. It's designed to keep track of your personal shit. I guess this isn't so much a concern when you spend all day compiling gentoo in mom's basement tho
>>
>>57149392
>Poland

Shut up poland. You lot always have a fucking chip on your shoulder with Russia. Even if Putin had to come and give every citizen a billion dollars you'd still find some way to be unhappy. Embrace Emperor Putin
>>
>>57149284
It's not about being a black box. It's about collecting everything from everyone even before someone has done anything.

This was a scary thought, hundreds of years ago. A century ago, and a couple of years ago.

Now everyone is suddenly ok with it, and plays shitty versions of pokemon while being run over by a car.

Great World, is this the world you want to live in?
>>
>>57149392
> As somebody living in Poland
> western medias actually soften his picture compared to reality.
Do they rape your women every day?
>>
>>57149391

Good post. Thanks anon.
>>
>>57149449
>its a calendar
>it needs access to your microphone and webcam to work

No it fucking doesn't you god damn shill, you're literally defending spyware

There is NO REASON for windows 10 calendar, mail or other simple apps to want access to my webcam, microphone or any of that shit

If I want it to, I should be the one who tells it to, not the other way around

My computer is a tool, not some sociable advertisement platform
>>
File: Wincucks.png (293KB, 700x640px) Image search: [Google]
Wincucks.png
293KB, 700x640px
Shill-OS 10 is a violation of common sense, a glistening, flaming heap of putrescent pigshit. Bug-OS 10 is a surveillance device you install on yourself. Cuck-OS 10 is a castration of your dignity. Scam-OS 10 is an incessant intrusion by an obnoxious salesman. Fuck Microsoft. Fuck Windows. Fuck shills. GTFO.

This has been a public service announcement. Enjoy your day.
>>
File: LOL RSA_DECRYPTOR.png (138KB, 626x402px) Image search: [Google]
LOL RSA_DECRYPTOR.png
138KB, 626x402px
What now Windows 10 "users"?
>>
>>57149523
This,

Somehow if you object to the Calendar app and Windows 10 by extension from using your mic and webcam you're somehow a pedophile criminal luddite who just hates progress(tm)
>>
>>57149420
I'm sorry, you're not saying anything positive about Microsoft. You're only proving how retarded of a brainwashed cultist you are. You keep ignoring whatever valid arguments other anons give you like a dull idiot. You're definitely the most boring shill ever. People like you are the cancer of earth and essentially the reason why this society is becoming a bit more trash every day.

Just kill yourself immediately. You don't know how many people wish the death of viral pajeets like you everyday. Also, your life is pointless.
>>
File: 1314325051659.jpg (1MB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
1314325051659.jpg
1MB, 2272x1704px
Can we shut up about Putin? Stallman is our man. He always has been. Imagine a world controlled by Stallman -- glorious foot fungus free software and government controlled by pure unadulterated logical sense. It's the utopia you want. Bless RMS.
>>
>>57149622

>You're only proving how retarded of a brainwashed cultist you are

Like you do now. Go bow before Stallman figurine, will ya?

>>57149540

Good, now replicate his experiment and show results. Dont forget to mention your settings.
>>
>>57149665
>Good, now replicate his experiment and show results. Dont forget to mention your settings.

I don't use windows garbage so I cannot. Sorry about that. Perhaps someone else will.
>>
>>57149760

So edgy. Not only telling me to kill myself, but also keeping calling me indian for no reason.

Dont worry, Im not indian, mate.

>>57149707

Maybe somebody will, yeah.
>>
>>57149760
mad
>>
>>57149632
> I
> I was only 39 years old
> I loved Stallman so much, I had all the FSF-approved distros and GNU corelibs
> I pray to Stallman every night before shutdown, thanking him for the software I've been given
> "Stallman is love" I say. "Stallman is life"
> Linus hears me and he calls me a freetard
> I knew he was just jealous of my devotion for Stallman
> I called him a proprietary corporations puppet
> He kernelpanics me and sends me to go to my userspace
> Im crying now, and my shell hurts
> I lay in bed and its really cold
> A warmth is moving towards me
> I feel something touch me
> Its Stallman
> I am so happy
> He whispers in to my ear, "share the software"
> He grabs me with his powerful free-as-in-freedom hands and puts me on my hands and knees
> I'm ready
> I spread my libreboot cheeks for Stallman
> He penetrates my GRUB
> It hurts so much but I do it for Stallman
> I can feel my init system tearing as my package manager start to update
> I push against his force
> I want to please Stallman
> He interjects a mighty interjection as he fills my homedir with his love
> Linus walks in
> Stallman looks him straight in the eye and says. "It's all libre now"
> Stallman leaves through my X window system
> Stallman is love, Stallman is life

written by Pyraman
>>
>>57149882

It's ... it's beautiful.
>>
>>57149952
>it makes me mad

Explain in detail how mad you are. Remember to account for biases and mental defects. (5 points)
>>
File: wireshark.png (51KB, 752x551px) Image search: [Google]
wireshark.png
51KB, 752x551px
>>57149665
Don't worry guys, I'm on it. So far, nothing out of the ordinary. I'll let you guys know just as soon as I see some suspicious UDP packets going to M$ servers.
>>
>>57150149

Install a program and watch for screenies in the traffic.
>>
>>57149952
MAXIMUM OVERMAD
>>
>>57150149

I just hope thread wont be archived in the meantime. /g/ is lively today.

>>57149882

Saved, it is just too good.
>>
File: vortex.png (28KB, 992x642px) Image search: [Google]
vortex.png
28KB, 992x642px
>>57150168
Don't worry, I have only done this once before.

>>57150340
Reporting back. Looks like we did a DNS lookup for the vortex, but still no UDP traffic (it must have been for something else going over TCP). I did get excited when I saw some encrypted UDP traffic, but it ended up being a YouTube video.

Will we learn the SHOCKING TRUTH about Microsoft today? Truly, I am on the edge of my seat. Stay tuned.
>>
>>57143429
the windows team is too incompetent to create a backdoor that works.

i've heard they have to rely on newbies since nobody wants to work for M$, and that nobody really knows how to do anything anymore at M$ since vista.
>>
>>57150609

What are your telemetry settings by the way?

Depending on the level, packages containing related data should be somewhat big ("Basic" contains, among "Security" level base ones, among other things, "number of network adapters, speed of network adapters, mobile operator network, and IMEI numer", "processor and memory attributes, such as number of cores, architecture, speed, memory size, and firmware" or "virtualization attribute, such as Second Level Address Translation (SLAT) support and guest operating system" - base ones I mentioned are just "OS information, device id (used to identify what specific device is requesting settings) and device class". "Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT)" and "Windows Defender/Endpoint Protection" are optional).
>>
>>57143429

so OP, how long have you worked at microsoft?
>>
>>57150800
I've set diagnostic and usage data to the basic level. Here's the TechNet article that explains telemetry by the way, for anyone who was wondering who you are quoting.
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/manage/configure-windows-telemetry-in-your-organization

I still haven't captured anything related to Microsoft aside from some vortex DNS lookups. I'm sure there's stuff going over TCP, but WZorNET said the screenshots would be going over UDP, so that's what we'll look at. I'll leave this capture running at least until the debate is over, and we'll see how WZorNET's claim holds up.
>>
>>57151070
why would screenshots go through UDP that doesn't make any sense
>>
>>57151070

Okay. 1am here, so see you tomorrow.
>>
>>57151070
>be a shill
>quote microsft
Why are you filtering vortex? Remove the filter and look at all the shit.
>>
>>57150831
How long have you worked for the FSF?
>>
>>57151097
Ask WZorNET, maybe he knows. My best guess is that if they really are collecting billions of screenshots of people's desktops, they probably don't care if a few get lost along the way.

>>57151123
I put the filter on for that screenshot because I didn't want you guys to see my all DNS lookups for e621.net. :^) Rest assured that I am still monitoring all UDP traffic.
>>
>>57151169
>he doesn't know
>>
>>57151232
>My best guess is that if they really are collecting billions of screenshots of people's desktops,

that doesn't make any sense
>>
>>57151234
Know what? I hope you understand what a non-profit is.
>>
>>57151272
>>>How long have you worked for the FSF?
>>He doesn't know
>Know what? I hope you understand what a non-profit is.
What?
>>
>>57143639
I tried that and nothing ever showed up in Wireshark.
>>
>>57151490
It's entirely possible that Windows waits until you've stopped monitoring your packets to send your MLP erotica to Microsoft. That's why the tinfoils will never be satisifed with any attempt to disprove Windows 10 FUD, and why they think the burden of proof doesn't rest on them. And besides, there is no objective reality in 2016, only the reality you choose to believe in.
>>
>>57151684
Reminder: It's post-Snowden era. The "tinfoil" meme doesn't work any more.
>>
>>57152301

This.
>>
>>57151070
Five and a half hours, 34 DNS queries for vortex-win.data.microsoft.com, zero UDP packets went to Microsoft.
>>
>>57154315

It only uploads hidden pics on a Tuesday breh.
>>
>>57154315

So, Russian guy proved wrong? Somehow Im not surprised.
>>
>>57143429
https://webmshare.com/ov6dn

Watch this.
>literal botnet CONFIRMED
>>
>>57156175

The same just proved false?
>>
File: 1464496225742.jpg (57KB, 600x726px) Image search: [Google]
1464496225742.jpg
57KB, 600x726px
>>57143639
What KDE version?
>>
>>57156371
Yes, that was a great proof, wasn't it? It's entirely settled now.
>>
Linux is a meme OS. No one really uses it.

People in /g all dual boot it just to take screenshots and post here, but in the end, everyone goes to Windows when in need to do some real work or gaming.
>>
>>57148523
>Insider preview
It's like you dont know that insider versions send as much as possible to fix issues and get feedback, stay mad cuck.
>>
File: 1449536420619.png (105KB, 326x350px) Image search: [Google]
1449536420619.png
105KB, 326x350px
>>57156698
I'm going to install Qubes OS on my future 1 TB SSD.
>>
>>57156681

Kinda. "Entirely settled would require more testing, tho, but at least it is a fact, unlike speculations about "it send your nudes when you turn away from the screen".
>>
>238 posts
>More than half is shitposting

Did I came to /v/ instead of /g/?
>>
File: VVHXCCd.png (117KB, 1465x1007px) Image search: [Google]
VVHXCCd.png
117KB, 1465x1007px
>>57145255
>you'll never experience the elevated feeling of using arch. :^)
Thread posts: 241
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.