[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this meme-tier tech? i'm finally getting decent with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: js.png (53KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
js.png
53KB, 2000x2000px
is this meme-tier tech?

i'm finally getting decent with it and i see people in here shitting on it.

wtf do i learn?

i just want a secure job making decent $75k+ money.
>>
>>57140084
If you want to know javascript then you need to be good at front-end website development, but better jobs come from having front and back-end knowledge.

Javascript libraries are basically flavor of the month, different companies can use different ones. Know how to use various popular js libraries, HTML, CSS, along with a LAMP stack or something and you'll be in good shape.
>>
JS is okay if you don't go crazy and try to write drivers with it or go pajeet and write bullshit scripts that only slows down the web.

My personal hate at least comes from certain people using it and not so much from the language itself.
>>
>>57140177
What are your thoughts on React and all that shit (as long as it doesn't slow down the web significantly)?
>>
File: weird.png (71KB, 893x933px) Image search: [Google]
weird.png
71KB, 893x933px
I started programming in JS a year ago and I think it's the future in terms of relevant languages. Every modern web browser has it built in, and there has been large efforts to standardize and hone the language. It is being used as a backend technology as well, and I only see that improving in the future. Check out NodeJS, Socket.io, Angular, express, React, and of course HTML//CSS. and check out the Javascript and Node subreddits for news.

Other than that, get a Github going (many months of commits looks great), work on your own simple full-stack projects (host it on Heroku, it's free and supports node with simple setup), and CREATE YOUR OWN WEBSITE AND PROJECTS, especially if you haven't had a job as a JS engineer.

I don't have a job, but am currently looking in the Bay Area. Someone let me know if I'm misdirected.
>>
Writing applications in JS is equivalent to writing applications in Bash.
>>
>>57140469
>Bay Area
Look at the cost of living there before you fall in love with it. I used to live in SF, then Alameda, but it wasn't sustainable. Even if you're making that dank techfag money it's not really worth it.

You can try Seattle but its honestly where the Bay was about 10 years ago and rising by a huge amount each year. Again I was priced out of the area and moved.

I've heard Portland, OR and Dallas, TX are the "next big things" though.

Good luck. I hope to get a grasp on JS at some point too. Currently in school for InfoSec but who knows.
>>
React is the third eye of front end devs
>>
File: 1474795117191.jpg (62KB, 690x460px) Image search: [Google]
1474795117191.jpg
62KB, 690x460px
>>57140913
Nah fuck this nigga where ma JQuery fags @?
>>
>>57140084
>meme-tier tech
the only people who say this here can't do anything with their computer except play games and take pictures of their computer.
>>
File: british living meme.jpg (29KB, 650x443px) Image search: [Google]
british living meme.jpg
29KB, 650x443px
>>57141026
jQuery in the var currentYear = new Date();
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.