[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey i live in an area filled with many Victorian house's.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20161018_210208.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161018_210208.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
hey i live in an area filled with many Victorian house's. and most of the remodeling was from long ago. i still have the milk delivery door on mine and quite a good portion in my area of the city does too.

this is my thermostat... it has two settings, full blast and off. how can i fix this even to a slightly working order ?
>>
File: IMG_20161018_210521.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161018_210521.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
this is my heater
>>
File: IMG_20161018_210618.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161018_210618.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
and inside you can see the pilot light.
>>
>>57138462
This looks like a pretty normal mechanism. The coil tightens and loosens as its wire expands and contracts with the temperature. That moves the magnet in front of the reed switch, turning the heat on and off.

This isn't one of those newfangled inverter setups that can produce a small amount of heat. It's very slow cycle PWM. On until it gets too warm, then off until it gets too cold.

If the thermostat is not responding to temperature and you just turn the knob to positions that end up being "always on" and "never on", it's busted. Replace it with a new thermostat. You might even end up with one with a timer that can automatically turn up or down at different times of day.
>>
>>57138857
dang i think its busted then, but il be patient and see for sure.

thank you sir.
>>
>>57138977
You can try twanging the wire to see if it's just stuck somehow, but its real problem is probably being old and worn out.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.