[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok /g/ I have a quick question about my super ghetto setup.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 20161018_211701.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161018_211701.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Ok /g/ I have a quick question about my super ghetto setup.

Long story short I fucked up my M50's 3.5mm jack and needed to replace it. So what I did was take a shitty pair of ear buds, cut it near the jack, and attached the wires to my M50's wires using pigtail splicing. It works and I'm happy.

What I'd like to know is how much did this change the audio quality? I don't know anything about audio stuff so I'd appreciate some input. Is the audio quality now equivalent of the shitty earbuds?

One more thing: the M50's use TRS jacks while the skull candy ear buds use TRRS. Does this screw with anything other than not having a mic?

Thanks

>inb4 solder a new jack
I might but this works for now and was free
>>
>>57137365
>What I'd like to know is how much did this change the audio quality? I don't know anything about audio stuff so I'd appreciate some input. Is the audio quality now equivalent of the shitty earbuds?

what the fuck do your ears tell you, nigga?

>It works and I'm happy.
so why do you care?
>>
Bump for interest
>>
>>57137392
I can't tell much of a difference in audio quality.

Im asking because Im curious about how this all works
>>
bumpin
>>
>>57137365
eh looks like both wires are similar gauge, should be fine
>>
>>57137365
Use a lineman splice instead of a pigtail. keeps shit neat. As for quality, as long as there's a good connection and you didn't cutoff an amplifier it shouldn't change the circuit aside from you losing your "audio pro high quality low-res gold superconnector" jack
>>
>>57137688
Yeah Im changing up the wiring a bit because the sound is dependent on that so Ill keep it in mind
>>
File: 20161019_003913.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161019_003913.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
OP here again in case anyone is interested.

I fucked up the wiring so I resorted to using a new jack to attach the wires to.
I didn't have solder so I had to improvise.

Here it is in all its glory
>>
>>57139279
haha wtf nigga
>>
>>57139279
which level of autism are you currently on, anon?
>>
>>57139279
shit nigga what am I looking at
>>
When the plug on my headphones broke I bought a solderless jack from the store for a couple bucks and I couldnt tell a difference. Instead of solder it just had little screws to wrap the wires around.
>>
>>57137365
>He fell for the ath meme 50s meme
splicing doesn't do any good for reliablity in the long run. I recommend foing the removeable wire mod so that you can replace the wire to your "amazing build quality" headphones, in case your wife's son accidently tugs the cable.
>>
>>57137365
kill yourself
>>
>>57139279
oh my lawd you crack me up

anon just buy sum furutech / neutrik connector jack, or hell even a $1 china made 3.5 jack provided you have a soldering stick and solder
>>
Oh Lord, this is a job even the shittiest soldering tool is suitable for. Just strip the insulation off on both, twist them around each other, heat them up and let the solder soak in. Done.
>>
>>57137365

it didn't change the audio quality. If the wires are connected you're good, and it sounds like you're good
you're good

good job
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.