[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

iPhone 6s vs. Galaxy S7 Edge Can anyone redpill me on this choice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20161019_004727.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161019_004727.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
iPhone 6s vs. Galaxy S7 Edge
Can anyone redpill me on this choice? Both are the approximately the same price.
I like the iPhone's design more and that it's smaller, and iOS smoothness. I'm afraid that the Edge will be bulky and I'm scared to drop it. Opinions?
>>
>>57135509

S7 is a horrifically bloated, laggy piece of shit. I bought one and ended up selling it after 2 weeks.

Do not buy over priced "flagship" android phones let alone samshit.

The iphone 6s is a solid little phone you cannot go wrong with, and as long as you don't go to IOS 10 you can jailbeak it and do pretty much anything. Plus they are a good deal now.
>>
I've read a lot of reviews that did not enjoy the feel of the Edge, said it was uncomfortable to hold and actually felt like the standard S7 was better designed.
The S7 and S7 Edge are both water resistant and I don't think the iPhone 6s is.

Both S7s will both have better hardware than the iPhone, and expandable storage; that matters for responsiveness in things like web browsers or if you play games; or if you live or work somewhere with bad service and like to make sure your media is available locally. I live near a rich person neighborhood, so there aren't enough cell towers nearby, and I get bad reception right up until I'm home and getting on wifi.

The biggest problem is that Samsung shits up their phones with TouchWiz. It's not as bad as some OEM bloat shitware, but it's not as good as stock Android. If you're willing to try running a custom ROM, that's recommended.
>>
>>57135584
That's what I thought. iOS seems more reliable in that matter. I would just use the normie apps so I don't really need that extra power, just a reliable lagless phone
>>
>>57135584
My S6 isn't laggy at all and deleting the bloat takes all of 10 min (which in reality, more apps dont really slow android down that much, its shit like themes/launchers/effects/etc that slow it down). I dont see how a 7 would lag

Also, I wouldn't get the edge, just a regular 7, the edge is kind of annoying and easy to press by accident. Holding them actually isnt too bad though
>>
>>57135595
I've also heard that your fingerprints stay all over it. I like iPhone's feel better aswell. You think iPhone is the way to go for someone with average usage?
>>
Had 6S, bought S7 edge for fun, back to 6S after month.

Edge is really great on screen/size ratio, it's a little bit bigger than 6S but doesn't fit more stuff on screen. Edge feature was useless for me, never used it, it was more of annyoance then feature, I kept pressing it with my palm and keyboard is on the edge and very had to hit. Phone is fingerprint magnet but really good build quality + battery is awesome. Also screen sucks dick, its basically oversaturated TN display + fingers leaving smudges constantly, doesnt happen on iphone.
>>
>>57135584
S7 or S7 Edge?
>>
>>57135681
How does the battery life compare, since you had both devices?
>>
>>57135698
My usage is basically facebook/messenger/snapchat/whatsapp and youtube. iPhone gets me through day, sometimes with 50% left, some times 20%, S7 would last 2-3 days easily but then again, I kinda avoided using the phone but 2 days easily.
>>
>>57135664
I don't feel like the finger prints are noticeable enough to detract from the appearance of the device.

If you know you prefer iOS it's probably worth it to have the one you like.
Though I realized I thought you were talking about the 6s Plus. I don't think I could go back to a screen smaller than 5″. I feel like the S7 is about the perfect display size.
>>
>>57135791
Got the same usage as you. As long as it gets me through the day without havint to charge it I'm satisfied. So no complaints of the 6s from your side?
>>
>>57135897
My first phone was 4.7, now I'm at 5 and I'm not sure I want to go bigger as I'm having trouble using my current device with one hand, then I can only imagine how it would be with 5.5. After all you get used to it. You're talking of the screen size of the s7 or the edge?
>>
>>57135904
Can't think of anything, perfect phone for me. Also my battery is at around 380 cycles and ~75% capacity.
>>
If your uses are limited to Internetz/Social Media/Videos and communication i.e. Smartphone stuff, iPhone is definitely the right choice.
But if your phone is gonna be like a small computer (ricing it, installing roms, playing with root, etc.) then S7 is the one for you.
>>
>>57136119
Got it, you summarized it perfectly
>>
Are iOS apps still superior to the android version?
>>
Please can someone give me a reason why I shouldn't cancel my Iphone 7 plus and get a LG v20?
>>
>>57136369
Wait for the iPhone 13. It'll be worth it.
>>
>>57136340
Pretty much.
>>
>>57136379
I would stick with the Iphone 7 plus but fuck I am not sure about that 1080p LCD screen. The price is far too much when I see Android phones pulling more features for cheaper.
>>
>>57136369
Go for it.
Nobody cares what you do.
>>
>>57135509
Pixel phone u retard
>>
>>57135509
Do you want to the device to loose 50% of it's value when you open it? If not get the iPhone.
>>
6s will stop working before the galaxy. Its a fact and all iphone 6's have the same touchscreen problem.

Good luck sucking gay ceo's dick.
>>
>>57135509
>redpill

lol i like the matrix too XD
>>
>>57138693

'Touch disease' is generally associated with the iPhone 6, not the 6S. Touch disease occurs because the iPhone 6 was made from aluminum that was too flexible. This causes the phone to -- as some of you may remember -- bend under pressure. The 6S, on the other hand, was made of a much stronger aluminum to prevent exactly that.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.