[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it normal yo be thrown into a project with 78k files and ~7

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1476536163060.gif (1MB, 842x616px) Image search: [Google]
1476536163060.gif
1MB, 842x616px
Is it normal yo be thrown into a project with 78k files and ~7 million lines of code with no documentation and be expected to work on it?

Because I'll be honest I'm fucking lost.
>>
>>57132882
>no documentation
shit in the street pajeet strikes again
>>
What kind of project, and what are the goals here. Do you have any team working on this eight now? If there's anyone else in the team it can be expected that you communicate with them to understand what you gotta do.
>>
>>57132965
Like a hundred or so people are working on it. I'm planning on just asking, but this is a fucking mire.

I'll be honest at the moment I am trying to find where a page is being generated when I use the war. I can't fucking find it no matter how much I'm searching.
>>
>>57132882
Sadly, this is very common.
Be sure you are being paid well for such a nightmarish job.
>>
>>57133024
Ask, that what your boss and peer are for. Make your first weeks only about understanding the source code.
>>
>>57132882
Are you the same anon from yesterday?
>>
>>57133097
I found part of my problem. I was searching through one of the many dead end branches.

>>57133117
Yeah, things are getting easier, set up meetings and shit to try and get stuff found.
>>
About as normal as building a house without a shred of documentation and planning.

I.e. "yes, that's how we did it in the Ye Olde MediƦval Tymes"

Convince your boss to start documenting (or at least mapping) it, though it's more than likely a lost cause at this point. Ask him "How many people have to fall ill/get fired/quit/leave before the project is completely unmanageable because nobody understands it anymore?"
>>
no, looks like you landed yourself with self-taught 'programmers'
>>
>>57132882
>~7 million lines of code with no documentation
the way you need to see it is you have 7 million lines of documentation. now get to work. welcome to software development.
>>
>it team consist of 2 guys me and the other one
>400k lines of php
>one of the old guys obsfucated the source when he left
>another guy made php extension in C which part of the project depends
>no source code for the extension
>can't try to deobsfucate the source because the extensions references the obsfucated file names, functions and redirects to them
>apache segfaults at least once every day
>no documentation and mostly no comments on the code

I'm starting feel like things shouldn't be this horrible.
>>
I'll be honest at this point I don't feel like documenting because it's not as if my single drop in the bucket will make a difference.
>>
>>57132882
We're not going to help you delete any more emails OP!
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.