[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you update your graphics driver, /g/? Or any other drivers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Untitled.png (72KB, 418x489px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
72KB, 418x489px
Do you update your graphics driver, /g/? Or any other drivers for that matter. I've been using the same driver since I got the card and it works flawlessly. Personally I think the "game ready drivers" are just a meme.
>>
>>57130382
with amd its pretty much a joke but nvidia can actually perform better with new games when gameready driver is installed.
>>
I usually find that newer drivers break the cards. I'm still on 358 (from November last year) on my 980Ti. Tried updating in May because why not, but it just fucked everything up (don't remember the details) so I had to roll back. That's how it usually goes for me - I find a stable and good driver then stick to it until I get a new card and the cycle repeats.
>>
>>57130852
Only if you own their latest cards. Performance either stays the same or sometimes decreases for any older ones. There's zero point in ever updating again once a new series arrives.
>>
>>57130890
I actually updated once past 337, it was 34x-something and it broke the sleep functionality. Each time the PC woke up, everything that used HWA felt weird, like dropping frames every few seconds, even scrolling in browser. Only fix was a driver restart.
>>
I do but I tend to stick with the ones that perform best on my hardware. Right now that's 372.54
>>
>>57130382
What about BIOS updates?
>>
>>57131234
Same policy. Unless something (a new component) does not work or a newer version adds newer functionality that I need, will stay on current version.
>>
>Not updating your drivers

OP IS A FAGGOT
>>
>>57132191
Idk, I'm a woman actually.
>>
>>57132230
Do you like BBC?
>>
>>57132662
I don't live in UK. And I don't watch television either (;
>>
>>57130382
its updated when i update the kernel.
>>
File: Unbenannt2.jpg (110KB, 598x754px) Image search: [Google]
Unbenannt2.jpg
110KB, 598x754px
>>57130382
No, why? Most driver updates are for games I'll never play. And I know out GPUs won't get updates anymore. If you run Kepler, you might want older drivers.

Also, nice to see that 780Ti, I think you got the same model (Gigabyte).
>>
>>57131268
This is the only correct answer.
>>
Currently using 362.00.

Newer drivers kill my GPU after playing games for some time.
>>
File: GPUZ both cards.png (42KB, 783x482px) Image search: [Google]
GPUZ both cards.png
42KB, 783x482px
>>57130382
Nope, what I have works, and if it works why risk breaking it?
>>
>try playing REMake, running weirdly slowly
>game actually starts, crashes from "out of memory error"
>check my devices, my 970 has a code 43 and was shut down
>updating drivers right now

I fucking swear if I have to replace a card I got earlier this year.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (60KB, 384x475px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
60KB, 384x475px
I update my drivers all the time even when I don't play newer games.

>>57135799
Your GPU is more likely faulty since my 970 is completely crash free and Error 43 is a hardware error.

Try resiting the card into the PCIe slot, if you're using the screws to hold the card in place make sure you're not screwing them too tight to the bracket they tend to rip off the GPU off the PCIe slot when you do that.
>>
>>57130382
Updating? No. If I find a working driver, I stick with it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.