[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I play games on an AMD CPU & GPU. I'm also suicidal.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: 1476369303475.gif (605KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1476369303475.gif
605KB, 400x400px
I play games on an AMD CPU & GPU. I'm also suicidal.

It's Intel/Nvidia really worth it?
>>
Intel+Nvidia user here. Totally worth it.
>>
>>57129596
So far I've only had 1 AMD card and 2 Nvidia ones. The AMD one was nightmare of flickering and artifiacting the Nvidia ones were alright but did limit themselves with Vram a little.
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with AMD GPUs.
>>
Amd fag here. I once had an nvidia gpu and it was so quiet and nice. If I ever get the money to build a new pc I will use a intel cpu and nvidia gpu.
>>
>>57132032
That's why I'll give an AMD gpu one more go and get an MSI.
>>
I've had both an AMD processor and a GPU. Both of which failed me. Processor stopped working one week after I bought it and PC won't boot longer than 60 seconds. GPU completely failed and I had to get it replaced after only 2 years of normal use.
If I had the money, I'd swap to Nvidia in a heartbeat. AMD customer service isn't too kind or helpful either.
>>
>>57129352
>Intel
yes, at least until zen comes out

>nvidia
no and never
>>
>>57129596
>I hate having money
>>
File: image.jpg (94KB, 800x1006px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 800x1006px
subhuman third worlder reporting.

660 gtx + not even overclocked yet 4.6k i5 series, both bought like 7 years ago.

pretty affordable, runs smoothly, though I don't do CAD/video processing/latest AAA games.

would reccommend at least looking into/10
>>
>>57129352
yes
>>
>>57129352
>I'm also suicidal.
No. Keep on using AMD, that way you'll be always on suicide watch.
>>
>>57129352
Intel is definitely worth is, at least until Zen.

Nvidia is just a terrible idea these days.
>>
>>57132575
Why's that? I've ordered an MSI rx 470 8gb, so I'm hoping my problems with the GTR were a fluke.
>>
>>57129352
The more you pay the better computer you get generally speaking of course. A nvidia card or an amd one for the same price won't differ much in performance. Same with the cpus. I have used both nvidia and Intel, amd and amd, nvidia and amd.
>>
Intel: absolutely
Nvidia: mileage may vary
>>
>>57132759
How the fuck are these so cheap? I paid 200 bucks for a USED 280X 2 years ago.
>>
>>57129352
>I play games
>>>/v/
>>
>>57129352
I have a 6700K and a 1070 and I'm also suicidal. Not gonna help, friendo.
>>
I literally want to kill myself just because i bought a laptop with a 6700hq and 1060
>>
>>57133418
I don't know, but it's cheaper for me to get an 8gb 470 MSI than fer an RX 480 4gb or rx 480 8gb by about £55.

Since my GTR pissed on me I'm wary of my luck of getting another dud, so I'll go for an MSI which gives more bias to the 470.

I know the 8gb is overkill but it might end up using 4.5 or 5-6 at some point.
>>
Moving from an AMD CPU to an Intel one was a nice jump
Cooler, less power draw, similar performance to price ratio (though Intel is more expensive, you don't need anything more than the stock cooler until you get into i7's and k processors
I still like both GPU companies though, loved my 750ti, love my rx460
Speaking of which, anyone else notice the sapphire rx460 nitro oc toomanylables one is a fucking champ with nearly anything at 1080p?
It's matching in game performance with the 470 at stock with most dx12 titles
>>
>>57133432
Oh you mean making expensive purchases to hopefully spark some fun and interest? I got pissed with a homeless dude.
>>
What GPU is the least housefire?
>>
>>57133625
Voodoo 3
>>
Path of Exile runs like absolute shit on my AMD based setup and I want to fucking die.

Does anyone want to buy a pretty sweet video editing/streaming PC? Will deliver to North England.
>>
>>57129352
Budget builds? AMD
Higher-end builds? Intel/Nvidia
>>
>>57133709

Can it run windows 10?
>>
>>57133726
you cant even an online rpg shitass game? LMAO
>>
>>57129352
Upgrading your PC won't cure your depression. It might even feed into it.
>>
>>57133889
It's impossible to estimate how few shits they give about AMD players.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.