[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

By what process does software become a bloated mess of poorly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: uf1.jpg (166KB, 1193x737px) Image search: [Google]
uf1.jpg
166KB, 1193x737px
By what process does software become a bloated mess of poorly performing complexity incarnate?

Moreover, is it a necessity which is inherent to the software development process? Are simplicity and functionality mutually exclusive?

Please don't link me to suckless or start talking about chaos theory. I want real answers.
>>
>>57128089
>By what process does software become a bloated mess of poorly performing complexity incarnate?

By using OO meme with deep inheritance and a lot of polymorphism because muh code reutilization
>>
File: gatesbill.jpg (50KB, 640x842px) Image search: [Google]
gatesbill.jpg
50KB, 640x842px
>>57128089
>By what process does software become a bloated mess of poorly performing complexity incarnate?
>>
>>57128130
>programming paradigm is the most important principle of system engineering

you have no idea what you are talking about
>>
File: win_vs_linux_visual_complexity.png (133KB, 686x260px) Image search: [Google]
win_vs_linux_visual_complexity.png
133KB, 686x260px
>>57128089
visual complexity: windows vs linux server

http://www.visualcomplexity.com/vc/project.cfm?id=392
>>
>>57128650
see, everything they do is a mess

its bolted on "kludge" -- they have no idea how it works

windows has deteriorated into being the worst quality software on the market

but they have the largest PR, adverstising spend -- even here they extend to. Pretending their the opposite. paid pajeets (?) coming out with shit like "linux is slow"

why do microsoft want linux

because after decades of trying, they have not managed to gain a decent, professional platform, for their own use, even

look @ "midori" -- 15 years it took them, to find out they are not capable of programming their own microkernal. In a word, they are INCOMPETENT

their low, grade, constant hammering on of "features" their BETA releases as mainstream releases -- their "service packs" as major upgrades, fundamental fixes

they are stuck with the infastructure they had in 1999 -- why is XP so widely used? Why have they still not decided on their desktop format. Why is everything so inconsistant?

Multiple viable enterprises destroyed on the way, from their monopoly position. Their successive record of the largest product failures in history.

disgusted

some fat bitch the landlord brings to me outside "can't get online" some sweaty tracksuit wearing cow -- try to get into the shit .. there are 2x different approaches within the adware, malware trojan riddled shit. I say "buy a new computer" -- she just walks off, doesn't say anything - doesn't even thank me.

the quality

the relief of going back to a viable platform
>>
>>57128649
still the case in 2016
because they haven't managed to get away from their infastructure, circa 1999

""Microsoft's greatest asset is Windows. Their greatest liability is Windows. Windows is so nonobject-oriented that it's going to be impossible for them to go back and become object-oriented without throwing Windows away, and they can't do that for years. So they're going to try to patch things on top, and it's not going to work." (1994)"
>>
>>57129439
that = steve jobs talking in 1994

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/7213848/Apple-v-Microsoft-What-Steve-Jobs-and-Bill-Gates-really-think-of-each-other.html

Steve Jobs on Microsoft
"I guess I am saddened, not by Microsoft's success – I have no problem with their success, they've earned their success for the most part. I have a problem with the fact that they just make really third rate products." (1996)

also still the case

also (with windows 10) .. what lessons have they learnt since vista?

things are worse, quality is lower

their updates are bricking PCs, cameras, all over the place.
>>
>>57128736
I mean lets get real for a moment. You install windows 10 in about 45 minutes and for most linuxes its about the same but remember. Biggest base linuxes are about 1 gigabytes or 2 while windows 10 can be more than 5 gigabytes of data. And what happens when you open them. On linux there are about 2 functional buttons, 3 are nonfunctional and in those two buttons there are some pictures to play with. Maybe slide down or up. On windows though, you feel like a god. Its professional its fast, its all functional. You have a godlike user interface. The thing that linux does not have. You have those two buttons in linux, but you still search google for codes to write in terminal. Linux is free because its not worth a penny. Nobody would sell a paper without taking the money. Just not sure why people still buy android while windows phone does 10 times more. Trust me. When you work with windows you know some genius ground breaker dedicated himself to give you an operational os
>>
File: 1475697730660.jpg (34KB, 500x436px) Image search: [Google]
1475697730660.jpg
34KB, 500x436px
>>57128089
If it runs... it's fine.
Remember when coding was done using punched cards... and thank your lucky stars you're alive now.
>>
>>57128736
I agree, let me get done fixing my fonts before I resume my tuxracer savestate.
>>
>>57129475
i dunno what v of linux you are talking about
will install in 15 minutes

unity / mint are up to the standard of windows desktop now, without the drawbacks

genius right

its horrible shit - forcing you to log off for updates .. the registry -- defragging

it's PRIMITIVE.. out (/thread)
>>
Why is everyone's English ITT so fucking terrible? Holy shit.
>>
>>57129542
It's a pajeet shill war.
>>
>>57129475
0.05 shekels have been deposited to ur account
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.