[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why do I need Linux again? I can now do everything I previously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: file.png (37KB, 728x380px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
37KB, 728x380px
So why do I need Linux again? I can now do everything I previously needed Linux for natively in Windows, literally the best of both worlds.

Angry freetards/"muh botnet" babbies stay away
>>
>>57126216
muh botnet
>>
>>57126216
Because virtually nothing works in Windows 10 Bash as of the most recent builds. Save the victory laps til it's out of beta.
>>
>>57126228
Everything that I've needed has worked fine so far. git, gcc, etc. What isn't working?
>>
>>57126216
So why do I need Windows again? I've always been able to do everything I previously needed Windows for natively in GNU/Linux, literally the best of both worlds.
Angry babbie ducks stay away
>>
>>57126235

Does ifconfig work? O
>>
>>57126216
>Angry freetards/"muh botnet" babbies stay away

Why are the very valid privacy concerns that have been voiced time and time again not a good reason to avoid Windows?
>>
>>57126319
It's a paid MS post by Ganesh, anon.
>>
>>57126228

>Because virtually nothing works in Windows 10 Bash as of the most recent builds.

Just like nothing works in Linux.
>>
File: kelso-burn-240x180.jpg (11KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
kelso-burn-240x180.jpg
11KB, 240x180px
>>57126348
>>
>>57126235

a lot of things relying on sockets.
>>
>>57126216
You seem angry.
>>
>>57126216
No eating ox shit tonight for you and your ten children Pajeet.
Money has been deposited.
>>
>>57126319
Because anyone who isn't a stupid normie can disable all that shit, it's not a valid concern for anyone who isn't a bandwagoning turdlet
>>
File: 1469842865229.png (144KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1469842865229.png
144KB, 800x600px
>>57126319
because it's all FUD by freetards to shill their OS
>>
>>57126619
Do you really think that's all the data gathering they do? Does the NSA or cell phone providers let you turn their stuff off too?

God dang this boy aint right.
>>
>>57126619
This. I didn't disable any of that and I couldn't care less. I have nothing to hide. Large corporations and public/political figures should be corcerned. Of course I like to keep myself informed about privacy rights, but I always get a good laugh whenever some paranoid retard talks about being spied on, NSA, Prism... As if they mattered in the grand scale of privacy.

>>57126687
Any communication medium can be hacked. Throw your cellphone away today because your GSM conversation s are being intercepted.
>>
>>57126216
None. If WSL accomplishes everything you need then don't bother with loonix.
>>
I think its easier for me to infect linux machines than windows so yknow..
>>
>>57126216
>I can now do everything I previously needed Linux for natively in Windows

But that's wrong you fucking retard.

You can only use command line programs. Anything with its own gui still won't work natively.
>>
>why do I NEED Linux

Did anybody ever suggest you needed to? I suppose it may have been suggested to you once or twice on /g/, but it's a tech board, and people might assume you have a deeper interested in tech, where using a Linux distribution may be of interest to you.

But by all means, if you're a basic bitch gamer, use whatever the fuck you want.
>>
Stupid-ass threads like this one are always a good reason to stay away from Windows and the Wintards it breeds.
>>
File: opinion.jpg (48KB, 394x406px) Image search: [Google]
opinion.jpg
48KB, 394x406px
>>57126216
Well anon, If you are so comfortable with MS based os stay that way.
>>
>>57126216
>Why should I not try to keep vendor locks alive and strong, instead of supporting something that has no corporation in charge and has the potential to be the universal standard?
I mean you do what you want but unless you were born yesterday you should know the dirty tricks they do to keep people from switching. People shouldn't convince you to not eat paste, you should come to that conclusion yourself eventually.
>>
>>57126348
kek
>>
>>57126216
Did you poo in loo?
>>
>>57126235
Valgrind for one senpai.
>>
>>57126216
If you need to ask this, the Zionists already have your mind in their grip.
>>
Color wise OP's pic related is poo.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.