[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3112 663/software/microsoft-m

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: Intel-Pentium-G4620-CPUz[1].jpg (108KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Intel-Pentium-G4620-CPUz[1].jpg
108KB, 600x800px
http://www.pcworld.com/article/3112663/software/microsoft-made-em-do-it-the-latest-kaby-lake-zen-chips-will-support-only-windows-10.html

>Microsoft is slamming the door on PC builders and upgraders who might have hoped to use the new Intel Kaby Lake or AMD Zen chips for Windows 7 or Windows 8 PCs. Sorry: Both chips are officially supported only by Microsoft’s Windows 10.

Why are the leaks featuring Windows 7's background Win10diots?
>>
>>57125830
They aren't yet so no version of windows has official support yet. Doesn't matter what they use
>>
You can install 7 on them, Microsoft just doesn't "officially" support it. Basically wordplay to trick gullible normies into installing 10 because they'll think they can't use 7.
>>
>>57125830
>officially supported
Nobody said they won't work in Win7/8 at all.
They most likely will, but all the superduper special-features, which need kernel-level support apparently won't be supported.
>>
I'm assuming they just won't get updates.
Kaby Lake is supposed to work on 100-series chipsets right?
Then it only needs a patch from the motherboard manufacturer to make old boards work with the new CPU's.

So unless ALL of the mobo manufacturers have been bought off my M$ to recognize Kaby Lake CPU's and make them usable only with W10, I doubt you'll be limited in your OS choices.
>>
>kaby lake on Q1 2016
>moved to Q3 2016
>delayed to Q1 2017
fuck kaby lake, it's been pushed further, i've been holding out for so long. I should've bought skylake last May but these delays are killing me. Going to buy skylake this november.
>>
>>57126927
don't forget to open a thread next year starting with
>tfw bougth skylake in november
>>
>>57126842
Never underestimate jews
>>
>>57125830
that's FUD, microsoft said a thing where they said they're not going to support newer arch on older versions of windows, but that means jack shit, since the newer CPUs aren't running on a completely new instruction set or anything, meaning they're going to run previous versions of windows just fine.

the only way newer CPUs will stop running windows 7 is if they remove a fundamental instruction of the x86/AMD64 architecture, which will also render windows 10 unable to boot.
>>
8 year old OS won't support newest CPU.

WEW
>>
>>57128505
*Corrected* Working OSs won't support latest architecture because...reasons?
>>
>>57128597
Win7 support reached EOL a year ago, almost 2 years now.
>>
>>57125830
When they say that they only support Windows 10, they mean that they only offer updates and customer support to people using Windows 10. If you mention or look for Windows 7/8 fixes then official support from the vendors won't help.

The CPU itself will still function on fucking DOS or Windows XP unless they remove essential instruction sets.
>>
>>57128624
You're right. People don't know what "official support" means. So they assume the worst.
>>
File: rms-bw[1].jpg (4MB, 2835x2050px) Image search: [Google]
rms-bw[1].jpg
4MB, 2835x2050px
You should have listened
>>
>>57125830
>official support

Comprehensive list of all of the times I've needed official support from Microsoft:
>>
>>57128605
>software stops working because a magical man in Redmond said so
>>
>>57128605
Win7 is in Extended Support until January 2020, idiot.
>>
>>57126258
Have fun without any usb drivers
>>
>No one is surprised even the Chinks don't use Windows 8.1 or 10.
>>
>>57128876
>Extended Support
Nice generic word there brah. You should come cleaner and say "security updates" only. And thats mainly a business decision because Win7 adoption.
>>
>>57128876
Extended support is a business hotline where you have to pay to get tech support. Nothing about software.
>>
>>57128897
>thinking usb drivers are different on windows 10
>>
>>57128997
>Not knowing usb 3.1 has a separate chip
>Not knowing skylake needs usb 3.0 driverz to just werk
>>
>>57129027
3.1 uses the same driver interface as 3.0
>>
i kind of understand this.

i mean sure you could technically put windows 2000, 98, 95 and NT on your brand new i5 i7 AMD Zen in 2017 but it doesnt mean it will run as good as it would on Windows 10

Dont get me wrong windows is a piece of shit and i hate microsoft ever since the Vista and Xbox 360 days they dropped the ball again and again but shackling yourself to older operating systems is absolutely stupid.

Old operating systems go against the fucking point of technology which is continual improvement and evolution of said technology.

Okay yes windows 10 is a buggy broken pos with windows updates that can still kill the opterating system, hell on october 30th this year i had a bsod boot loop because of that fucking cumulative update.

Havent seen anything that retarded since Windows ME Update.

ANYWAY my point is why should new cpu's made for 2015 windows 10 and later be backwards compatible with a near 10 year old OS (Vista, 7 and 8 are all the fucking same right down to the core) for the sake of a few /g/tards and normies who cant into progress?
>>
>>57125830
lack of official support just means neither 7 or 8 will be optimized for the new CPUs. It doesn't mean they literally won't work.
>>
>>57129064
You keep ignoring that Microsoft provided the drivers for skylake for usb support on w7. Keep believing that benevolent leader Nutella is going to do the same with kaby.
>>57129122
Usb literally won't work without Microsoft's drivers
>>
>>57128953
>generic word
>>57128975
>extended support is a business hotline
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet

Get off my lawn, idiot newbies.
>>
File: Windows_7_colored_logo.png (488KB, 900x860px) Image search: [Google]
Windows_7_colored_logo.png
488KB, 900x860px
>>57125830
I knew it. I told you, /g/uys. Windows 7 Master Race ^^
>>
>>57131425
It's a bullshit article, spreading FUD.

Microsoft is basically saying "If you buy a new computer, it'll only boot Windows 10 because we say so" despite the fact that they have say in what Operating Systems Intel and AMD CPUs run on.
>>
>>57129237
Intel provides the drivers too, https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/65855/Intel-USB-3-0-eXtensible-Host-Controller-Driver, still works fine even if you go back to Vista
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.