[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinkpad vs elitebook vs latitude. Which is best and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 13

Thinkpad vs elitebook vs latitude.
Which is best and why?

No memes plz.
>>
Monitor + stand is only ~$400
>>
File: insanity.jpg (17KB, 281x380px)
insanity.jpg
17KB, 281x380px
FUCK OFF
>>
>>57123378
For?
Thinkpad?
>>
File: 1456027311989.jpg (18KB, 463x403px) Image search: [Google]
1456027311989.jpg
18KB, 463x403px
>asks which meme is better
>"no memes plz"
>>
which generation? They're nothing like they were one or two generations back
>>
File: noose boi.png (379KB, 788x660px)
noose boi.png
379KB, 788x660px
>>57123380
Oh my god , when are we doing shitty old memes from the fucking 08' ?
>>
>>57123448
Sandy bridge.

So pretty much t410 vs 8560p vs sandy bridge latitude(sorry)
>>
>>57123476
8560p.
>>
>>57124664
true long as you stick an SSD in or go up to an 8*70p, decent thinkpads are too scarce atm
>>
>>57124693
I personally prefer it because of the metal chassis and it looks more sturdy. Might get one when my current laptop finally dies.

Any decent latitudes out there too?
>>
latitudes don't break, I've ridden 2 latitudes hard into obsolescence, and I mean hours and hours of daily use, getting dropped etc, and they never BROKE or fried. currently waiting on my 3rd latitude, it's in a fedex truck somewhere in the midwest

I can speak to the quality of thinkpads as well. My brother has used them, and quite a few of my friends are thinkpad people.

I'm jewish and tend to buy refurbs for 250-300 bucks. Latitudes tend to be cheaper than Thinkpads with identical specs, so voila

I admit that thinkpads have the best feeling keyboards, but it's not like the dell keyboard hurts my fingers or doesn't work so fuck it

i stick w latitudes bc they are inexpensive and I have never had a problem with them whatsoever.

One more tiny factor: on thinkpads the ctrl button is not on the bottom left. That's infuriating and when I've used my friend's computer it agitates the hell out of me. I can't relearn typing

some thinkpad person will say "that's the way it was first" no it wasn't buddy the ctrl button has been bottom left, get the fuck out of here with your mandela effect bullshit
>>
Thinkpad. More parts available if it breaks.
>>
>>57123368
Bought E6430, upgraded with i7 so far so good. Will buy 802.11ac wifi and 1600x900 lcd
>>
>>57125452
>>57125452
>I'm jewish and tend to buy refurbs for 250-300 bucks
I'm shocked.
>>
>>57123368
Can you delete the sheboon?
>>
>>57123368
>Thinkpad
Chinese botnet
>Elitebook
American botnet
>Latitude
American botnet, but better than average GNU/Linux support

Buy Fujitsu Lifebooks before they sell they've sold the business to Lenovo.
>>
>>57123368
Macbook>Thinkpad>>>>>>>Rest
>>
Take out elitebook and do thinkpad vs latitude, the elitebook is worst of the three.
>>
File: 4283.jpg (69KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
4283.jpg
69KB, 255x255px
>>57126528
>Fujitsu Lifebook
He said no memes
>>
>>57126763
>Something is a meme because it doesn't get memed about as much as 'non-meme' alternatives
>>
>>57126607
>elitebook worse

Yeah i'm sure they are not.
but they are not top teir products ether anymore
they are also cheaper price/ proformance
if your going to compere HP then go with HP Zbook it makes Dell and thinkpad fags butthurt

Hp's are the most comman laptop and the most common parts why bother with the other stuff.

but to be honest thinkpads are okay

can't say that same for Dell.

Dell has been shit support for years and their memory chips are usually factory locked to use only a few brands of memory support and they unironically support shitty brands
>>
>>57126862
I like elitebook aesthetics the most, plus HP tends to have good touchpads based on my experience with one hp multimedia laptop with a swivel screen
>>
>>57123368
>black-girl-with-computer.jpg
>no memes plz
Wew.
>>
>>57123368
Stop posting Niggers you fucking cunt. You will be banned with the next shit thread.
>>
>>57126920
Aren't you scary?
>>
>>57126920
You're a tough guy
>>
>>57126862

I admittedly don't fanboy any particular brand of RAM, so take this with a grain of salt, but I have had zero problems finding memory sticks to install in Dell Latitudes in the decade plus I've been using them. These aren't gaming computers that sell based off fancy specs, they are business computers made to be reliable and long lasting

Zbooks are very nice as are elitebooks, but let's be real here

HP laptops have BY FAR the worst reputation between Dell, Lenovo and HP
>>
>>57126910
>HP tends to have good touchpads
agreed.
>>
refurb outlet (mfg wty):
- lenovo > dell >>>> hp ???

availabilty of replacement parts for older models / used marketplace:
- stinkpad > shatitude > queefbook

global nbd on-site warranty logistics (i.e. you're in another country and border agents trash your laptop etc):
- dell chat > lolnovo > hellp

docking station:
- latitude ~ thinkpad >> elitebook

tied between thinkpad and latitude

get an old thinkpad if you're into diy-fixing shit
get a refurb latitude if you want the latest specs and a warranty
get an elitebook if you like the a e s t h e t i c s
>>
>>57126997
>HP laptops have BY FAR the worst reputation between Dell, Lenovo and HP

in the past?
or the present because Dell got more shit in the past than HP or lenovo ever did because they sold rebranded and second hand parts in new PC's and laptop right up untill 1999

the only things HP got snapped on was gimping AMD HP laptops to bring down cost

also Intell growled HP on using a T4200 in a badly cooled NX7400 that made people get hot

with Dell their machines unironically blew up with the T7400 C2D Msocket chip

so yeah I doubt HP has a bad Rep for anything.
even HP servers are will sort after compeared to Dell
No company wants a Dell over IBM or HP machine because they are really that bad and you never see them in important data centers like google.

Dell has always been a poor man's PC/laptop brand
hence is why 4chan is powered by DEL INC

So where is your rebuttal?

I have 0 respect for Dell or their company.
nice shilling though.

i'd hardly call that a bad rep.
>>
>>57126997
Isn't only their consumer line and not their business class laptops? I've been using my HP laptop for 4 years now and it's got an AMD cpu and gpu so I know all about overheating.

It gets hot but it's been extremely reliable so far.
>>
>>57127089

i was referring to laptops only, specifically build quality/reliability

i respect your knowledge of hardware, I can tell you know a lot more about hardware than me, but I know first hand that Dell Latitudes are reliable

It might be because HP is the most common brand as you stated earlier, but I know multiple people IRL who've had HP laptops fry on them/break etc and that makes me steer clear of them.

Like I stated earlier in the thread I've used Dell Latitudes for over a decade and the only hardware "problem" I've ever had was having to clean lint out of the fan

I admittedly don't know anything or care about Dell's shady business practices, to me the bottom line is the actual product and to be honest I'm running Windows and I doubt Dell is as evil as Microsoft
>>
>>57124841
I find the touchpads aren't too nice, other than that they're all pretty good.
>>
Srs question.
Who has the most powerful model with dedicated pg up pg dn buttons? Thinkpad stopped at t520
>>
File: Bands_by_amount.png (110KB, 1022x796px) Image search: [Google]
Bands_by_amount.png
110KB, 1022x796px
>>57127031
>lenovo even competing
fucking bullshit/10

only /g/ austists would beleive it stop trying to save face lenovo is niche market at best.

Lmao

lenovo numbers are low as hell.
replacement parts are not cheap or common

dell and HP are much bigger brands
with more parts anywhere.
than anyone can admit it.

>get a refurb latitude if you want the latest specs and a warranty
NO
you get a Zbook 14
http://au.pcmag.com/hp-zbook-14/255/review/hp-zbook-14

or Acer Aspire S7-392-6411 or mac pro

Dells come in at a shitty 6th place
and lenovo at 7th place.

budget brands are shit just admitt you are poor.

source
http://au.pcmag.com/laptops/158/feature/the-top-10-best-laptops
>>
>>57127273
Most resales of lenovo are from refurbs since they're almost always moved in bulk
>>
>>57127273
> using amazon/ebay/shitty nz auction site to demonstrate **business** laptop market share
this is a thinkpad vs elitebook vs latitude thread

r u sure you're not one of them /g/ autists, m8?

dell/ibm/lenovo availability is pretty gr8 in the rest of the world that matters eu/usa (not nz/aus)
sux 2 b u
>>
File: 590b033d111cb36d4ee5c4e9ad26da8b.jpg (307KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
590b033d111cb36d4ee5c4e9ad26da8b.jpg
307KB, 2000x1000px
>>57127365
>US
>Matters
>>
>>57127173
I got a shit tier g series that has a intel cpu/gpu, it over heats as hell but it's been reliable for more than 5 years.
My parent's older g series has been going strong for 6 years as well.
>>
>>57127299
>>57127365
>butthurt trolls

Lmao
btw these resultes are for the .Com not Au
they are both american
do you want EU as well.

no cuz i hate apple and fags ..kys.
okay troll you want more butthurt huh?

I only added one trademe NZ site because I can.

top brand in EU is apple

Hahahahahahahahaha

back to china if you want lenovo / IBM dominance
I can respect lenovo and IBM

BUT DELL
hahahahahahahahahaha
I'll shit on your market share Lmao.
what a shit company

just die already DELL.
next post is AU
>>
File: HPnumber1.png (80KB, 954x819px)
HPnumber1.png
80KB, 954x819px
>>57127611
con..
>>
File: lememe.jpg (188KB, 946x445px)
lememe.jpg
188KB, 946x445px
>>57123368
>>57122478
>>57120336

what did they mean by this?
>>
I like my Elitebook 8540w, cost me $270 or so. no hard drive no ram.

I wish they would make more of them. I don't want Win10, I don't care if it's paper(tmtmtm) weight, I want it to actually be decent.
>>
>>57127689
Can't you just install your choice of Linux on the new ones?
>>
>>57127248
I prefer their trackpads over the thinkpads of the same era, the glass surface is nice.
>>
>>57127611
>>57127653
>business laptop thread
>provides a table that includes chromebooks and alienware in market share figures
this is advanced autism
>>
itt butthurt HP cuck calling other people butthurt

sorry you fell for the HP meme... oh wait there is no HP meme... everybody on this board and the whole internet knows Lenovo > Dell > HP when it comes to ibm compatible laptops

more like "Gaych Pee" amirite?
>>
>>57127740
>IBM compatible laptops
What the fuck does that even mean?
>>
>>57127776

underage much?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_PC_compatible
>>
>>57127844
So pretty much an insignificant feature is your reason for being a bitch?
>>
>>57127740
>>57127712
still butt hurt.
>moving goal posts.

k.

also how can i call others butthurt and even be a meme when austistic 4chaners keep moving the goal posts?

honestly kys
this pic is of tech support in 2016

My next post will please DELL fags
>>
Memepad>*

Why bother with anything else? I have a T420 myself and it's fucking great. Better than all the other shit I had before.
>>
>>57127922
note the numbers

you see if Dell wants to win they need the only thing keeping them good and that is innovation
bravo !

but does it sell laptops?
find out in my next post !
>>
>>57127922
>comparing turn-it-off-again tech support with same-day-onsite/overnight-ship-me-the-part-and-i-will-diy enterprise agreements
so much hp butthurt
>>
Plz respond
>>57127257
Plz respond
>>
>>57127886

are you autistic? By IBM compatible I meant NOT A MACBOOK

sorry for the semantics, take a nap
>>
>>57127996

i dont give a shit how many laptops dell sells compared to HP, or tech support reviews, talk about moving goalposts

Latitudes are better than Elitebooks

/g/ and the whole internet agrees with me

go screenshot some sales figures or dig up some dirt from 1999. Maybe Michael Dell has a neglected half black son with a hooker. not relevant

Latitudes are better than Elitebooks, that's the discussion
>>
>>57128007
>underage.
OUT

Gen Y a shit.
no wounder we have exploding phones and washing machines and obession with thiness

Your whole Y generation is holding back the tech industry because people are too busy fixing shit Y gen because demand smaller /thinner Y gen tech iterates can't unserstand thermals or physics.

yet not getting faster or big enough innovate new stuff.
>>
>>57128113
>gen y
Millenials
>>
>>57128113
>comparing same-day delivery with same-day service
ok gramps, your shitters clogged.
no more shitposting until the plumber arrives next week.
>>
>>57128107
>Latitudes are better than Elitebooks
there is no elitebooks for 2016 that is unfair.
only 2014 models.

is that your point?
wow this is desperate.

Get fucked DELL your strawman tatics are stupid.
>>
>>57123368
Macbook pro masterrace
>>
>>57128055
Macbooks have been IBM compatible for a while.
>>
>>57128297
4:3 is the one saving grace, I'd get it if everything else about it wasn't the absolute worst in the industry
>>
>>57128357

i'm a little bit old but you know what i mean
>>
typing this from x220t , hint : don't buy x220T unless you are a hardcore drawfag in which case but the x220/30 t

its a smooth line in quality/performance tradeoff all the way to x240 lines that now sell for cheap as fug as well.

thinkpads are nice in the end of the day, you hate all the little shit that still isn't as it was 10 years ago but then you get to use another laptop and it feels just plain bad and you run back to your t410s.

now dells. the refub latitudes are great , heavy as FUCK, but much more rugged than thinkpads.
>>
thinkpad
because it's got a tracknipple
>>
>>57123368
Just get a MacBook Pro like everyone else you weird fuck.
>>
File: hp2750.jpg (105KB, 1024x768px)
hp2750.jpg
105KB, 1024x768px
>Tfw elitebook 2570p
THICC and comfy af
>>
>>57131616
>chiclet
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.