[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm pretty curious about Meterpreter. What confuses the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 1475537742731.jpg (333KB, 1000x1042px) Image search: [Google]
1475537742731.jpg
333KB, 1000x1042px
I'm pretty curious about Meterpreter. What confuses the hell out of me is how would you judge what exploit to use?

I know it's probably a sense of just knowing the ins and outs. But let's say in a learning environment, how would one gauge what to look for for "xyz" exploit/payload.
>>
>>57118562
Determine the services running on the machine with something like nmap.You can usually determine the OS based on the results. You choose the exploits based on the the OS and version. Real hacksters write their own shit and use Metasploit as a framework, the shit that's included is for display purposes.
In a learning environment, they usually set you up with a victim machine that consists of Windows XP SP1 to start with just to get you familiar with how to navigate and use things.
>>
>>57118562
Use Armitage. It's like a script kiddie GUI for meterpreter.
>>
>>57118562
OpenVAS
>>
File: tehoooniverse.jpg (111KB, 640x840px) Image search: [Google]
tehoooniverse.jpg
111KB, 640x840px
>>57118740
Outstanding! Thanks for that response. I've got a "test" machine I've got setup on my own network with win xp...i think servpk 3. Would you recommend downgrading it to sp1? For just getting use to Meterpreter and so on?

>>57119561
Thanks anon for this, I will give it a look.

>>57119700
And thank you as well sir or ma'am.
>>
>>57118562
pff meterpreter, you can't even offuscate a trojan to bypass windows defender.
>>
>>57120327
I'm in a learning mood. And I like people's input I guess :| or more or less what helped them learn whatever. I can simply Google it, but I'd rather discuss.

What would you recommend to put me in the right direction? From someone, who I assume, has experience
>>
>>57118562
You should learn basic networking and programming before trying Metasploit you retarded script kiddie.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1463945218074.jpg (48KB, 677x677px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1463945218074.jpg
48KB, 677x677px
>>57120866
>Script Kiddie
Top Kek sir.

And I do have a basic knowledge in net/prog. While I'm not afraid to admit it is basic. I get the jist of everything. Looking to expand what I know is all.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.