[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best Custom ROM out there? Currently running

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 0f0.png (107KB, 403x329px) Image search: [Google]
0f0.png
107KB, 403x329px
What's the best Custom ROM out there? Currently running CM 12.1 which keeps forgetting my wifi passwords.
I don't want google appstore installed by default either. Currently just go with f-droid and .apk for a few normie apps.

Any tips? I am looking for something that can be customized and has sleak design features.
>>
Is that an official CM build, OP? You can try making an account on XDA and notify the ROM developer about this bug.

No ROM ever comes with the Google Apps by default (you have to flash a gapps zip file through your recovery to obtain those), and no ROM ever comes close to CM and its' wide device support. AOSP isn't for you, since you desire "customization" - you can only go so far with xposed. Resurrection Remix offers a shitload of visual customization, but is supported by less devices than CM, and it's a bit crashy, anyway.

You can use Aptoide to obtain most non-free (as in freedom) applications from the Play Store. They have a signature check thing so you can verify that is the same app from the Play Store, and not a fake app. The app itself is open-source, by the way.
>>
>>57115417
Yeah, I got the aptoide app after tips from here. How do I get xposed to work properly?

It is an official release, I do believe more people have written about this bug... So they should be notified.

AOSP is paranoid android right? It looks nice, what makes it good?
I guess customization = changing some appearances. So may be basic desu...
>>
>>57115551
>Xposed
You get the zip from here (CM 12.1 is sdk22)
>http://dl-xda.xposed.info/framework/
and the apk from
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3034811

Install the apk, and then flash the .zip through your recovery.
>>
>>57115551
Oh, and no, AOSP is pure Android (straight from Google's source code) - this means a pretty basic ROM unless you do any modifications.
>>
>>57115644
Ahh ok, can I just duckduckgo how to flash the .zip? Sorry for all the stupid ass questions. Still new to customizing my phone..
>>57115670
Nice, like the nexus phones then? Guess there isn't much customisation to that.
I like to go downscaled and minimalize the os a bit. Make it look.... Less childish?
>>
>>57115806
Well, how did you flash CM? Pushed it through adb from your computer, or uploaded the file onto your device and flashed it through a recovery (that bios-like thing)?

I'm ESL, so can you expand on that "downscaling" and "minimalizing" thing? What do you want to do, in detail?

Oh, and I can't believe I haven't asked this yet; did you cleanly flash CM? Did you wipe /system, /data/ and /cache as instructed? Unclean flashes can often cause bugs.
>>
File: 20161017_184031.jpg (674KB, 1750x2662px) Image search: [Google]
20161017_184031.jpg
674KB, 1750x2662px
>>57116165
I did a clean install yeah.
Well, I like it like pic related. My current home screen. Would like to fix the icons though.
I do believe I installed it through bios in the phone. So same way installing the xposed framework? Going to try it out. What files from the xposed link you gave me do I need? X86?
>>
>>57116279
You need the "arm" one.

What phone is that?
>>
>>57116279
You can downscale the UI by changing the DPI on your phone, since you have a custom ROM this will be easy. Look it up for a tutorial, it's not hard.
>>
Loop zoop.
>>
I recently installed CM14 on my LG G4. Try and google it for your device. I'd fully recommend it.
>>
>>57116473
This. Go to the "Display" settings in the settings, and you should find "LCD Density" somewhere there. And a dark material theme would round up things pretty well.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.