[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does fast wireless charging really degrade the battery faster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: samsung-fast-wireless-charger.jpg (133KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
samsung-fast-wireless-charger.jpg
133KB, 1200x800px
Does fast wireless charging really degrade the battery faster or is it a bunch of unfunded bullshit?
>>
>>57111229
Not counting the heat it's the exact same as wired charging for the battery.
>>
Wireless charging means that whenever you put your phone on the pad it's going to be charging which means that there will be very frequent partial charge/discharge cycles which is usually bad for any battery. I don't what they have done to address this issue though, maybe they thought of something.
>>
>>57111489
>there will be very frequent partial charge/discharge cycles which is usually bad for any battery
It's not bad for Li-ions because charge cycles aggregate.

So if you charge your phone 2% 50 times it is equivalent to one 100% charge in terms of the charge cycle limit before degradation takes place.
>>
>>57111489
actually thats not true for lithium ion/ lithium poly batteries, you get the most use out of them if you keep a flat loading pattern.
>>
>>57111489
Shallow charges are less damaging than deep ones.
>>
>>57111229
My Samsung phone gets hotter from charging off wireless than off the wire. I don't give a shit though.
>>
>>57111637
Be careful, Anon. You have a lot to live for.
>>
>>57111507
>>57111511
>>57111635
Hmm, this is in contrast to what I know about Li-pos where shallow cycles are to be avoided. I guess Li-ion is different, going to have to read about it.
>>
>>57111637
Lumia 950 here, my phone charges cooler of a qi-charger than of the quick-charger it came with. Biggest benefit of a qi charger for me was that i could build one into my nightstand, now I just place my phone on top of it.
>>
>>57111710
It probably has to do with the fact that li ions have a computer inside of them that regulate the charging and prolong the life
>>
>>57111738

I was planning to do something similar with my desk but unsure as to how much wood could be separating the charger from the phone.

Did you carve a channel into the underside to have the charger closer to the top?
>>
>>57111229
The fuck is even the point of them anyway? For general use they're slower than cable because air is a shit medium compared to a nice piece of metal, and require plugging into a wall anyway.
>>
>>57111884
gimmicks
>>
>>57111884
There's ones you can get now where you can plug it in somewhere and your phone will get charged as long as you're in the room.
I have my charger plugged in in the kitchen and my phone charges in the living room (open floor plan).
>>
File: mfw a bomb.jpg (15KB, 247x248px) Image search: [Google]
mfw a bomb.jpg
15KB, 247x248px
>>57111229
JD, a bomb!
>>
>>57111938
It doesn't fuck with anything?
>>
>>57111949
No, works fine. It does charge slower than direct cable, but I don't care it's just so convenient and I don't have to do anything.
>>
The Apple iPhone 7 Plus doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>57111229

No.

It is just fear mongering from those without qi capable phones.

They do charge warmer, but it is similar in temp to quick charge 2.0.

You are looking at 1 or 2% life reduction over the entire life of the device.
>>
Do magnetic backplates on the back of phones for attaching to magnetic holders interfere with charging?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.