[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will everyone finally accept that Microsoft sucks and s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 18

File: 5807458526_dc54025065_z.jpg (34KB, 633x286px) Image search: [Google]
5807458526_dc54025065_z.jpg
34KB, 633x286px
When will everyone finally accept that Microsoft sucks and switch to Mac?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHk-LoSDLC8
>>
>>57110715
A year ago or less I thought the same. Meanwhile, there are cheaper and just as good alternatives and Windows 10 isn't half as bad as this board seems to think.
>>
At a time when Apple isn't do much with OSX and their computers, and Windows 10 actually being solid, I don't see a big reason to switch now, if you didn't 10yrs.
>>
This

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX8yrOAjfKM
>>
File: iCuck.jpg (78KB, 600x394px) Image search: [Google]
iCuck.jpg
78KB, 600x394px
yes because i want the iEverything ecosystem.
>>
>>57110715
Because it just doesn't even remotely work as well as people say.
>>
>>57110726

Windows 10 is pretty bad. I have it on one of the machines in my lab, and it likes to reboot and ruin my always-on tasks. Sure, I can work around it, but it'd be nice if the computer simply wouldn't reboot itself without permission.

>>57110732

I can see where you're coming from with that, but, honestly, it's generally a *good* thing that Apple isn't "doing much" with macOS. Sure, we aren't getting refreshes on the Mac Pro, but we also aren't getting half-baked abortions like Windows Vista, 8, and 10. They have something that works, and they're not going to throw it out and start over for memery's sake.

>>57110800

I can understand people's disdain for the ecosystem, but, in all honesty, a Mac is probably the piece of the Apple ecosystem that pushes you into the rest of the ecosystem the *least*. Also, for what it's worth, the ecosystem is comfy as hell, and very functional. I would know: I own a Macbook Air, an iMac, an Apple TV, a 12.9" iPad Pro, an Apple Pencil, an iPhone 7, and an Apple Watch.

>>57110831

Nothing's perfect, but Macs are pretty damn good about remaining functional, generally speaking. I have a three-year-old Macbook Air that still works like the day I took it out of the box. It hasn't depreciated one bit in terms of usability. Meanwhile, my fiancee's Windows laptop, purchased around the same time, is shitting the bed in a big way. She borrows my Macbook whenever she can.
>>
File: M A D M A N.jpg (554KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
M A D M A N.jpg
554KB, 1000x750px
>>57110944
>>
>>57110977

Yeah, I figured I'd get this response. For what it's worth, I'm not a big fan of the Magic Mouse or Beats headphones. Or the Trashcan Pro, or HFS+, or the Mac App Store.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm not blind. I know a bad product when I see one. I have what I have because it's fucking good, that I swear.
>>
>>57110944
I've had to work with a 2015 Mac mini the last 2 months, and it's horrible. It doesn't "just work" it crashes, is incredibly slow, and the user experience is pretty bad too. It doesn't seem to want to be used for work, it just seems to want to look good while doing whatever it does. No matter the cost. And the cost is poor usability. The way multiple windows of the same application are handled for example is frustrating as hell. Solution found in online forums are either "use it the way Steve wanted you to use it" or "install this 8$ or 20$ software".
Fuck this. If I have to pay extra money to make it barely usable, then why the fuck pay so much upfront? Windows is a hundred times more solid (in other ways too). You're just brainwashed
>>
What's the video about? I'm not clicking that faggot OPs link to give some random shithead views
>>
>>57111225
you mean if you click it an app will open up.
>>
>>57111237
If you put a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger it only makes a bullet move. and some loser on YouTube will get a view.
>>
File: 1475938679978.jpg (46KB, 490x333px) Image search: [Google]
1475938679978.jpg
46KB, 490x333px
>>57111263
>>
>>57111274
Then fuck you and your thread. We don't need another mac thread anyway.
>>
>>57111288
lol this isnt my thread.
>>
When Mac OS X stops being the most insecure operating system on the fucking market.
>>
File: 1476130708759.png (293KB, 700x640px) Image search: [Google]
1476130708759.png
293KB, 700x640px
>>57110726
>Windows 10 isn't half as bad
>>57110732
>Windows 10 actually being solid
>>
>>57111202

I don't know what's going on with your Mac Mini, but it definitely isn't normal. I have a Macbook Air from two years prior to that, and it's speedy and rock-solid. I still see people with pre-Retina Macbook Pros on a daily basis, too.
>>
>>57110715
I'm not a nu-male cuck
>>
>>57110726
Lol.
>turn off custom scaling
>restart
>it's turned on back again
>turn it off again
>it's turned on again
>activated screen keyboard once
>deactivated it afterwards
>now whenever I install or open a program that triggers UAC it opens the keyboard for no reason
>>
>>57112165

That scaling bullshit really gets me rustled.

I have a Windows 10 machine that I keep connected to the TV in my home theater for use as a Steam console, and the automatic scaling caused large, non-resizeable windows (think large settings menus associated with Japanese games) to hang off both the top *and* bottom of the screen, causing serious difficulties.

Seriously. How hard can it be to check to see if the window the system is about to scale will be larger than the screen area as a result, and refrain from doing so if that's the case? Apple manages selective scaling quite well.
>>
>>57111202
>have to use iphone 5s as company phone
>on call duty starts
>better charge up my phone and turn it on :^)
>iphone greets me with the inital setup screen
>try to proceed through the step
>fails at the first step "can't connect to authentication servers"
>5 minutes later, it reboots for no reason
>everything is back normal

I have yet to see another phone do that. And the whole ios usability is for someone who doesn't just want to use instagram and whatsapp extremely retarded.
>>
>>57112190

>And the whole ios usability is for someone who doesn't just want to use instagram and whatsapp extremely retarded.

Lol, what. I use my iOS stuff for all kinds of practical shit. I use my iPad Pro and Apple Pencil (with Notability/Evernote) instead of actual paper at university, and it saves me about a hundred sheets of paper a month. That's a hundred sheets of paper per month I don't ever have to find a place for, or worry about being able to find, or worry about remembering to carry. Additional benefits over paper include being able to insert images (ex. lab samples, blank graphs) and voice notes.

I also use a VPN and Microsoft Remote Desktop to manage the two Windows servers I have at home, from anywhere. Works just as well as it does on my laptop, on either my iPad or iPhone.

Tonight, I used my iPad's camera to make an accurate floor plan of a 3200sqft house in about two hours. This was the first time I had ever done this, it was an amateur attempt with a learning curve.

The iPad and iPhone are also my calculator, both scientific and graphing. The only time I require anything else is during exams, where there's a strict calculator whitelist.

iOS is also home to the best book-reading software: iBooks or Marvin for books, Chunky for comics. I used to have Android tablets. I've been to Moon+, I've been to Aldiko, I've been to Google Books. iOS' offerings are just head and shoulders above.

I also have a respectable, usable version of the Microsoft Office suite (with full Apple Pencil support!), as well as code editors like Coda and Textastic that can sync to Git.

And I enjoyed FFIX and Icewind Dale greatly on the iPad.

It's time for the 'hurr hurr Angry Birds machine' meme to die.
>>
>>57112288
>my smartphone can do stuff

Awesome buddy. Why do you defend a piece of electronics on the internet though? Are you working for apple? if not why do you defend their products? What's in it for you? you sound like a smart guy, but then you do shit like that.
>>
>>57112325

I "defend" them because I value the truth. I don't like it when people go around misrepresenting the way things are, because other people who don't know any better internalize that bad information, ultimately making the world a worse place.
>>
Windows 10 is much better. I switched from a MacBook Air to a cheap Lenovo and I'm loving it. Best decision I've made in a long time.
>>
File: 1475197506369.png (84KB, 1001x604px) Image search: [Google]
1475197506369.png
84KB, 1001x604px
Because W10 is good
>>
>>57110715
is he ok?
>>
>>57112384
We are still talking about smartphones and tablets, right? Damn, dude take a chillpill you are taking electronic devices WAY too serious. If it seriously bother that people talk shit about a device you use yourself and enjoy using it, you should get some fresh air or something.
>>
When Apple starts making actual computers instead of fashion accessories.
>>
>>57112477

Technology is important to people's livelihoods and lifestyles. If someone passes up something that could be good for them because they heard some Asperger King on /g/ spouting memes from 2013, that's a bad thing. And if they spread the things they heard to another person, that's a *very* bad thing.

For instance, from a practical standpoint, the iPad Pro is more useful to your average university student than the 12" Macbook is, despite being as little as half the price. If a guy buys the Macbook because he thinks iOS isn't a "real OS" and can't do "real productivity things", he's just spent hundreds of dollars extra for a less suitable product. That's bad.
>>
>>57112190
I'm at work right now and one of the iPhones here just had a serious fuckup internally. It didn't respond to my input for about 30 seconds and afterwards did all the things I input during that time (app switching, home button presses, pull down status bar etc.) and then it just had a white screen with the status bar somewhere in the top half of the screen, not responding to anything. Then I switched off the screen and couldn't switch it on again. I couldn't force restart the phone for another 5 minutes (maybe it finally crashed completely in the end and rebooted). Then I started my app again, and the 30 seconds of no response happened again.
>>57111993
For the last 15 minutes my Mac is compiling the byte code of a watchapp that is literally 3 lines. The "works on my machine" thing you say is just as applicable to Windows. Some people have problems with windows, some don't. Some people have problems with OSX, some don't. But only Apple has the audacity and arrogance to advertise with "just works" when clearly they are not a pinch better than the competition.
Thats the reason you Apple fags are looked down upon.
>>
File: comedy goauld.jpg (69KB, 640x477px) Image search: [Google]
comedy goauld.jpg
69KB, 640x477px
>when will all companies and businesses that rely on cheap systems with low amortization move onto a piece of shit brand that's priced way more than its value, and which produces throttling pieces of shit with faulty chips that only get a repair program 1 year or more after the fact
Never.
>>
>>57112485
>muh POSIX compliance
>>
>>57112511

Windows has problems because it's made for an infinitely wide range of hardware and software combinations.

MacOS is optimized for a very limited number of configurations, by the same company who makes all the hardware. If something's going wrong with a Mac, that's a distinct abnormality, and there's a specific place for you to go to pursue that: the Apple Store. That's more than you can say for basically any other computer on the market.
>>
>>57112518

http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-says-ibm-saves-270-for-every-mac-it-uses-instead-of-a-pc-2015-10

>During its quarterly earnings call on Tuesday, Apple CFO Luca Maestri pointed out that IBM has been saving roughly $270 on each MacBook its employees use instead of a traditional PC, largely due to lower IT support costs and better residual value.

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2010/03/survey-macs-cost-notably-less-to-support-than-windows-pcs/

>A majority of respondents said that Macs cost less in terms of time spent troubleshooting, user training, help desk calls, and system configuration. Admins generally agreed that costs related to software licensing and supporting infrastructure were the same between the two platforms.

B T F O
T
F
O
>>
>>57112438
>linux
>nogaems

Dude our tomcat webservers still had default webapps on them, which meant you could play online snek on them .
>>
File: 2016-10-17_115504.png (141KB, 628x675px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-17_115504.png
141KB, 628x675px
>>57112562
>for every MacBook
Or you could not have an oversaturation of overpriced MacBooks, but a simple to maintain server which sends VM instances of free Windows to the workforce, thus cutting down material costs by a very very large margin.

Also, pic related, among many many other faulty tech cases from Apple.

BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>57112589

>pic

If Apple is admitting and/or fixing hardware problems on a specific model instead of giving you the runaround, making you spend three hours on the phone with India, and putting you through three weeks' turnaround time for a replacement (probably refurbished) unit, they're already doing better than most Windows OEMs.
>>
File: 2016-10-17_115912.png (125KB, 652x824px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-17_115912.png
125KB, 652x824px
>>57112589
>Now, Apple is finally stepping up to the plate and admitting that its previous approach was inadequate

Another lie.
>>
>>57112510
>Technology is important to people's livelihoods and lifestyles.

And these people will get their opinions from 4chan and reddit, lol.

>If someone passes up something that could be good for them because they heard some Asperger King on /g/ spouting memes from 2013, that's a bad thing

For apple in that case it would be bad, because lower sales, so this shouldn't really bother YOU unless you work for them and benefit directly from higher sales, which you wouldn't as a shill. But then again, it's 4chan.

>If a guy buys the Macbook because he thinks iOS isn't a "real OS" and can't do "real productivity things", he's just spent hundreds of dollars extra for a less suitable product. That's bad.

How is that a bad thing? You learn from mistakes, that's what develops you as a human. When I was younger and had less money I bought a prebuilt PC and guess what I will never ever do again? Buying a prebuilt PC and trying to buy a cheap ass computer.
>>
>>57112615
>if Apple is making you wait 3 years for a repair program, they're bla bla bla
Are you fucking retarded?

Oh and let's not forget the "you are holding the phone wrong" debacle.
>>
File: Mean Machine.mp4_005123000.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Mean Machine.mp4_005123000.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Because Apple has equally faulty hardware as any other manufacturer, at a much higher price.

When the 15" MacBook Pro had a frame with hinges attached to it instead of them sensibly being attached to a backplate, so they constantly broke like paperclips.

When the graphics chips were dying on all the Apple computers. Apple was forced to help by a class action lawsuit. How that worked? They put an Apple diagnostic disc into your computer to decide whether they may or may not help you, based on whether the test passes. Of course, it can't work if you don't have a functional graphics chip.

"Unibody" 15" MacBook Pro. Except it was made out of 2 pieces stuck together with adhesive. Not only that, it was so well designed with such build quality, the fan exhausting the heat these MacTurd Pros built up, was positioned to exhaust into the adhesive directly. End result: Computers falling apart everywhere.

A1286 model with the 2850 board, which was failing because the sensors would keep the fans at 1000 RPM when FinalCut Pro was rendering and running a video for 20 minutes straight.

-~2010
iPhone 4 comes out. $600 phone that you could not hold in your hand without dropping a call. Apple is not at fault, it's your fault for not holding the phone correctly on your fucking face!!!

820-2915 board comes out. Throttling the CPU out of the box with no dust, at 70 fahrenheit room temp. A $2000 machine, throttling and functioning worse than a shitty $300 Acer at that time.

Apple TrashCan Pro gets released. 2015 models start having major graphical issues that may cause distorted video, no video, system instability, freezing, restarts, shut downs, or may prevent system start up. AMD's FirePro D500 (high-end model) and D700 (built-to-order) GPUs are affected. Apple launches repair program in Feb 2016...

Apple shitPhone 6 and 6 Plus with the "Touch Disease" due to shitty soldering system of the Touch IC chips.

Apple experience and quality.
>>
File: ww_mackensen_01.jpg (69KB, 582x600px) Image search: [Google]
ww_mackensen_01.jpg
69KB, 582x600px
>>57112642
>-2011
>820-2915 board comes out. Throttling the CPU out of the box with no dust, at 70 fahrenheit room temp. A $2000 machine, throttling and functioning worse than a shitty $300 Acer at that time.

And this is why most businesses won't waste their profit margins and accumulation with Apple shit.
Even Apple's repair programs come years late, never come, or come at a cost nobody in their right mind wants to pay.
>>
File: v get out rieeee.jpg (85KB, 812x806px) Image search: [Google]
v get out rieeee.jpg
85KB, 812x806px
>>57112438
>video games are more important than freedom
>>
>>57112642
>equally faulty hardware
>Touch Disease

I'm pretty sure this affects every single iphone 6/6s.
>>
>>57112846
Just like with Samsung's exploding problems.
The difference being that Samsung instantly pulled their shit from everywhere, while Apple would wait half a decade, or state:
>touch disease isn't a problem because you are BENDING IT WRONG
>>
>>57112536
Dude if I was going to the apple store every time I have a problem, I wouldn't leave at all. Plus, it's not my mac, it's my company's. Don't say it just works, because it doesn't and for most of my problems there are quite big threads in forums, many of which are years old. Apple won't fix shit because they fucked stuff up from the start.
>>
File: 1472043151568.png (281KB, 492x791px) Image search: [Google]
1472043151568.png
281KB, 492x791px
>>57112813
>50% of /g/ actually believes that
>>
File: winblows.png (121KB, 1327x486px) Image search: [Google]
winblows.png
121KB, 1327x486px
>>57112813
>>
>>57111202
Im thinking its more likely that you dont k ow how to use a unix based OS
>>
Already did, senpai.
>>
>>57110715
Never. Just because macfags are loud about their macfagness doesn't make them the majority. Majority are poorfags that can only afford windows or lincucks.
>>
>>57112617
>Use AMD gpu
>get shitty experience
guess this applies to Appletards too
AMDlets, when will they learn
>>
>>57110715
Not everybody can afford $2,500 laptops.
>>
>>57113781
Right now my coworker and me can't log in. Nice OS. Yeah sure we are too stupid to enter login information. It's never apples fault
>>
File: 2016-10-17_165158.png (518KB, 662x1025px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-17_165158.png
518KB, 662x1025px
Because OP, believe it or not, there is a reason Humanity has gotten to the population it has now (and keeps increasing).
Mainly that the majority of people are straight and not virgins.
And people who are straight and not virgins, tend not to use Apple products.
>>
I like how "Mac" hardware stays relevant longer with Windows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJw8aSxEFwQ
>>
File: 6ee.jpg (52KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
6ee.jpg
52KB, 600x600px
>>57110715
>>
>>57116988
Thinkpad X200 s are still useable as daily drivers.
>>
File: trumpet.jpg (26KB, 500x633px) Image search: [Google]
trumpet.jpg
26KB, 500x633px
>>57110715
I was gonna point out how shitty macOS is these days, but then I noticed it is in quotes. Okay then.
>>
>>57112562
IBM has some enterprise service partnership with Apple for pushing other stuff onto corporate customers. So that blurb is probably just shilling.

Also, you believe that IBM is a flexible company that knows how to be lean and save expenses?
I doubt that.
>>
File: so_sad.jpg (41KB, 749x470px) Image search: [Google]
so_sad.jpg
41KB, 749x470px
>>57116988
Not buying a new devices every year is considered 'sad' by Apple.
>>
>>57112325
wtf dude he is just talking about him experience with apple, is this what this thread is about? isn't it?
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.