[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>just deleted my entire hard drive trying to dual boot windows+linux

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: killme.jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
killme.jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
>just deleted my entire hard drive trying to dual boot windows+linux
>this is 1 day after i spent 4 hours trying to move my HDD to my SSD, fix the errors that happened, and set it all up again after i was forced to install brand new windows on my SSD
Should I just fucking give up? Why am I so awful with computers? Kill me.
>>
How did you manage that
>>
Never dual boot
>>
how the fuck do you even manage to fuck up that bad
>>
>>57103177
>>57103200
everything was going good. i shrank my SSD to make an empty space of 175gb for the antergos installation. i installed it successfully but then when i rebooted i found out GRUB didn't install so i couldnt get to the OS. i figured it was becausei messed up something installing it so i figured id just reinstall it. i tried to use diskpart to delete that 175gb partition but i couldnt do it on windows, i had to use a windows recovery stick (that i had from yesterday). i found the volume that had a 175gb drive (with filetype RAW, which i found odd), selected it, and then did 'clean.' thinking everything was ok, i tried to boot back into windows, only to find the entire hard drive was somehow deleted. and also somehow the boot files on my old hard drive. so i had to just fix that. and now i'm reinstalling windows, again, on my SSD.
>>
Uefi or BIOS?
>>
Just restore from backup
>>
Next time, buy 2 hard drives and make 2 copies of your data.
If it's important then you can spend some fucking money on 2 cheap hard drives. I learned it the hard way, too
>>
>>57103283
> thinking that MS "tools" will actually repair anything
Next time try to use proper Live USB for partitioning and stuff. Windows tend to spread and destroy the surroundings like cancer
>>
Windows is cancer. It always has been, since Vista. Now it's like... aggressive childhood leukemia with AIDS and Parkinson's.
>>
>>57103196
Why not? Im dual booting win 7 + ubuntu :^)
>>
>>57103283
you probably doesn't understand diskpart and did sth wrong
>>57104247
actually diskpart can fix pendrive that is displayed in explorer as corrupted e.g. if there was used raw dd copy on it
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.