[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got my A+ cert not too long ago and I'm about to get a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: a.png (52KB, 1414x1242px)
a.png
52KB, 1414x1242px
I got my A+ cert not too long ago and I'm about to get a Network+ cert real soon. I've been looking up some entry level helpdesk jobs and they all seem to require 1-2 years experience.

What gives and how do I get a job in the field if I have no experience?
>>
Most of you fags don't ever put freelance exp
Just day you've been repairing computers for x amount of years and you can supply reference upon n request. They won't request them, trust me.
>>
>>57101823
>comptia certs
I instantly trash any resumes with these toilet paper certs
>>
about to get my cert in A+ aswell friend.

are there even any legit people on this board or just abunch of wana be hacker fags?

my request for java and C++ help got zero attention and is already archived in less than two hours.

anyways. more opinions on this would be nice, also, as an experienced freelancer (in writing and tv media) i would suggest starting with craigslist, maybe contacting local businesses in your area and work them out a good deal. I help you, you vouche for me sort of thing. or, you can google businesses that recently have shut down and have a friend pretend to be an "old manager" at said business. my dad did this, and got a 40k+ job as an IT guy in GE. made good money until those jews moved to india.
>>
File: a+Josh-support-comp.jpg (49KB, 300x247px) Image search: [Google]
a+Josh-support-comp.jpg
49KB, 300x247px
>>57102150
FUCK YOU
Unfortunately every hiring manager does this so my comptia certs are useless.
>>57101861
You need actual experience working full time in a corporate environment - most people who try this get fired the first week.
>>
>>57102150
>I instantly trash any resumes with these toilet paper certs

Says the loser stuck in HR
>>
>>57103764
I'm not in HR.
The HR manager gives me the resumes after she's done filtering through them and I choose which of the candidates I actually bother to do a technical interview with. Stay mad, retard.
>>
>>57103816
Lel cucks with certs/degrees
>>
>>57102157
>>/dpt/
>>/sqg/
if you make a new thread we will laugh at you.
if you want us to hold your hand, fuck yourself.
here's your (you)
>>
>>57101823
I've also gotten both their a+ and network+ certs and knew a number of people who got jobs. You just can't set your sights too high at first. Show them how motivated you are. My cousin got a job as a tech with Harley Davidson with just a+ likely because they just liked him before they laid a bunch of people off. So yeah, you're f'ed either way
>>
>>57103896
I guess I just need to apply everywhere I can and get lucky.

Also planning to do CCNA after Network+. So far A+ was simple with some studying and Network+ is also not too bad since I've always messed around with computers. How hard is the CCNA compared to those two?
>>
>>57101861
This.

>>57103671
You don't bullshit corporate experience mung. You bullshit basic bitch things you can actually do but we're never paid to do as a job. Cousin Vinny is a reference.

Are gentiles really stupid enough not to know how that works?
>>
>>57101823
Falsify your resume. Provide shooped tax returns to the overworked Betty performing your background check if they even ask.
>>
lie
>>
>>57106617
>>57106713

hope you enjoy jail and black cock
>>
>>57106743
>He's not faking a degree, for false work history the most a company can do if they find out is fire without UI/severence.
>>
I have an IT Fundamentals cert. Getting A+ soon, then Net+ and Sec+. Scrub trifecta. (I might be getting Linux+ too because I can put two other certs down without doing any extra work).
>>
>>57101823

If you really want a helpdesk job just apply, most of these 1st line/helpdesk jobs have a high turnover and they will take you on without any experience.

Give it a go, maybe it will suit you. I tried working 1st line support for a MSP and I hated every second of it though.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.