[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Day 2 of using Windows 7: Things are going smoothly so far Seriously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20161016_113827.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161016_113827.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
Day 2 of using Windows 7:
Things are going smoothly so far

Seriously though, it's been looping like this for days, what do I do?
Not factory resetting.
>>
>>57100400
Install gentoo
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>57100417
I actually have gentoo, but I want to play games.
>>
>Installing updates
>>
>>57100467
This, just install Win7 SP1 and disable updates
>>
>>57100400
It looks as if you installed some updates.

Oopsies, you made a whoopsies.

Never install updates on Windows 7.
>>
>>57100473
>>57100526
So how do I fix my mistake?
Even safe mode tries to update and fails.
>>
>>57100552
Stop trying to update for a start.

If it is trying to update when you boot, reinstall Windows and DISABLE updates.
>>
>>57100400
Microsoft broke W7 upgrade so that people will upgrade to 10. So just install 10 it just wreks
>>
>>57100582
>So just install 10 it just wreks
If you are planning to take this advice, might I recommend Enterprise LTSB?

It gets rid of those terrible metro apps, cortana, and the ads, also disables feature updates but keeps security updates.

If you want all that, Windows 10 Enterprise is the way to go.
>>
>>57100629
use the first ltsb not the 2016 version. It's buggy and has some performance problems.
>>
>Installing updates
lmao at you kid
>>
>>57100665
This. I installed the 2016 version, and hated it. 2015 is the best.
>>
>>57100665
I've been using the 2016 LTSB for a while now and haven't ran into any problems.
>>
>>57100753
I'm using it in a VM, maybe that's the problem.
>>
>>57100697
what to do when a software requires a certain KB update installed and windows update refuse to work?
even trying to manually install the patch downloaded from the official site the setup program stalls in "checking updates" phase
fucking m$, I hate every second of using their products, they are incompetent at best
>>
>>57100400
If this happened to me, I would just force restart. Make sure you note the time and date you restarted and when you think you started the update.

Then follow up with a check disk to make sure there's no problematic sectors. Then I would verify all the system files with the command 'sfc /scannow'.

After that, I would check the system logs and see if anything happened between the update and the time you restarted. The issue will probably appear in a large gap of time before you restarted. Then I would Google the issue to see if there's any fixes.
>>
>>57100782
What problems are there with the 2016 version? I know that there were known issues with frozen network shares and updates still coming in automatically, ignoring group policy but I haven't experienced neither of those.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.