[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just got the book "Learn Python the Hard Way" and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

I just got the book "Learn Python the Hard Way" and just realized its for Python 2. Should I just go ahead and learn Python 2 or abandon the book?
>>
>>57093917
stop stressing and complete something faggot its fucking python not c
>>
>>57093917
>Python the hard way
>Python
>Hard
Was the author mentally challenged?
>>
python2 is the only legit version out there
>>
>>57093917
Learn it
>>
>>57093917

>buying the book

i went through half of the html version a couple years back.
>>
>>57093923
C standards barely change a thing though
>>
>>57093917
>Anything by Zed Shaw
Return that shit immediately.
>>
>>57095390
I heard his C course is shit but what's wrong with his Python course?
>>
>>57093917
I honestly thought it said Pynchon lel, really need to finish Gravity's Rainbow
>>
>>57093917
One of the most retarded things one can do is buying and reading a "learning x the hard way" book. It's in the same ballpark as "x for dummies" or "learn C++ in 24 hours".
>>
>>57093917

Python 2 is fine, just work through the book. If you've picked up this book of all things, then it's probably perfect for you.

Don't listen to the other faggots here, they know more about computers than you and so may struggle to understand your needs as a scrub.

Just blow through it and move on to something more advanced when you're done.
>>
i use python 2, it just werks. i never had a situation where a library i wanted was python3 only but the opposite used to happen often (these days i'm not sure, i don't bother to search anything regarding python3 since i never needed it)
>>
>>57093917
Python 3 should be the standard pretty soon.
Might as well get updated.
>>
>>57096035
The main issue is that he approaches python like C for people who are too dumb for manual memory management, condemning or sweeping under the rug most the language features that make it meaningfully different than the languages it exists as a reaction to. There's also the fact that the material is pretty basic, although I'm not convinced that's a fair criticism of an intro book, yet the fact remains that other material (*cough*think like a computer scientist*cough*) gets into interesting material much faster.
>>
>>57093917
>and just realized its for Python 2
Python 2 is the superior language, byte strings are not always the answer but they are in the context of Python. Py3 fixes a problem very few people ever had in the first place.

I'm the kind of person with a hardon for unicode support and even I realize Py3k is not the right fix.
>>
Making Python 2 code compatible with Python 3 is usually pretty straightforward. Do the book with python 3 and fix your syntax errors as you go using your preferred search engine.
>>
>>57096394
>Python 3 should be the standard pretty soon.
>should be the standard pretty soon.
>the standard pretty soon.
>pretty soon.

AHAHAHAHAHA
>the standard
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.