[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to upgrade my GPU to the GTX GeForce 1070 but need advice,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 600T.jpg (113KB, 889x859px) Image search: [Google]
600T.jpg
113KB, 889x859px
I want to upgrade my GPU to the GTX GeForce 1070 but need advice, I'm not sure if I should get the reference model with a blower or a non-reference with multiple fans.

Ideally, I'd go with a non-reference but I'm not sure if my case would vent enough heat efficiently. I'm using the Corsair Graphite 600T white model. It has a 200mm intake fan on the front, a 120mm exhaust in the back, and another 200mm exhaust at the top, I've disabled the top one though because I don't like the noise or the idea of dust falling into the case when it's not in use. I'm using a be quiet! Dark Rock 3 which is quiet and keeps my CPU around 25c while watching video in HD fullscreen, and the mobo is also around 24c idle.

I've mostly used blower style GPUs in the past, so I'm familiar with the noise level, but I need some advice, would it be feasible to run a GTX 1070 non-reference in a case with a single 200mm intake and 120mm exhaust or would my setup be better off with a blower GPU exhausting heat right out the back of the case?
>>
File: 1015161911_HDR.jpg (813KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1015161911_HDR.jpg
813KB, 2048x1536px
The answer is non-reference.
Personally, I'd go with an EVGA card.
>>
>>57091222

Yeah, I had EVGA in mind.
>>
>>57090610
>buying a GPU now
BLACK FRIDAY
L
A
C
K

F
R
I
D
A
Y
>>
>>57090610
never go reference
>>57091720
black friday deals have historically been a terrible scam
they just raise prices slowly the month before, so they can offer you "20% off" where you actually spend 5% more
>>
>>57091720

The only things that go on sale on black Friday with decent savings are bargain bin crap they can't move off shelves the rest of the season.
>>
>>57091789
Not sure where you live at but it can't be the U.S. either that or you're just a stupid conspiracy theorist that has no idea what he's talking about.
>>
>>57093689
Definetly in the us.
Go ahead and look at prices of things and write them down leading up to black Friday
there's a reason why the EU has laws against raising prices of things then putting them on sale.
>>
>>57091720
These cards sell, no point in waiting for black Friday for them. You'll either save no money, or just a few bucks. It's not a shit overstocked Samsung tv
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.