[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>looked up unlocked google pixel XL >1300 dollars seriously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: google-pixel-pixel-xl.png (772KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
google-pixel-pixel-xl.png
772KB, 1280x720px
>looked up unlocked google pixel XL
>1300 dollars

seriously google? are you fucking joking?
>>
I bet it has the most fluent botnet Integration ever.
>>
>>57084956
Yeah seriously, what the fuck is google thinking? The only thing this piece of overpriced garbage has going for it is that new processor and camera sensor, but wait a few months and they'll make it into every flagship afterwards and will cost $600 maximum. Google had a potentially interesting phone, but they screwed up the pricing hard.
>>
[citation needed]
>>
>>57084956
normies will rather buy an iPhone and neets won't shell out $1300 for a phone

I don't know who are they targeting
>>
File: save.png (411KB, 1232x582px) Image search: [Google]
save.png
411KB, 1232x582px
>>57085490
https://www.amazon.com/Google-Pixel-XL-Phone-128GB/dp/B01M01ZZAC/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1476546936&sr=1-1&keywords=google+pixel+xl+unlocked
>>
They realized that hardly anyone actually buys phones outright anymore and instead just gets contracts with the price of the phone buried in it. People will pay $100-$399 and then $70/month over 2 years and not even think about the fact that it costs that much
>>
>>57085544
oh also, they'll cash in on all the diehards for the first 6 months or so, making ridiculous profits off less units, then drop the price, ramp up production and get carriers to start pushing that shit like crack to old people n shit who walk into verizon stores not knowing anything about phones.
>>
>>57085544
idk where you live but in the fascist union everyone buys phones cash and shop carriers depending on what they offer. Very few people in the EU buy phones from their carriers. It's handy, my brother called his when he bought a new one because it only takes nano-sim. They gave him a price and he said fok dat I want to cancel and they sent him the nano-sim for free and gave him half price for 3 months.

That Pixel phone will be a flop here and in India.
>>
>>57085537
>https://www.amazon.com/Google-Pixel-XL-Phone-128GB/dp/B01M01ZZAC/
those are not official sellers...

>>57085544
>They realized that hardly anyone actually buys phones outright anymore
bullshit

buying phones on contract ("""subsidized""", although it isn't) is only big in dumbistan (read: USA)
>>
>>57086399
can you even find an official seller? this is the only price i am finding anyplace
>>
>>57085646
>Very few people in the EU buy phones from their carriers.
Are you sure you're speaking for the whole of the EU?
Here in the Netherlands it's quite popular for the poor and the oblivious to buy phones with a carrier loan. Think of teenagers, students, foreigners, working class, and older people.
I have heard that it can be different in different countries. But the EU is quite diverse. There even is a lot of diversity in a single country like Germany.
>>
>>57086399
>buying phones on contract ("""subsidized""", although it isn't) is only big in dumbistan (read: USA)
>eurotard detected

It's mostly a market based on shady policy. It has nothing to do with consumer practices of the masses.

So here in the land that created both 4chan and the phone you are so butthurt over, all four major carriers require you to have a dataplan with a smartphone, regardless of whether you use it or not (e.g. a hypothetical basement dweller that never goes outside or a hipster that lives in a Starbucks).

So you could:
1) Pay $200-700 for a phone and get a $30-70/month plan with data.
2) Pay 0-$200 for the same phone and get a $30-70/month plan with data, but be stuck with that carrier for two years (note that you could still change plans, whether upgrading or downgrading services/data).

In general, the four major US carriers are pretty stable businesses, unlike shitshops in Europe that pop up and disappear in a blink. The four carriers all have decent to good coverage practically everywhere here, so the chances of someone bothering to switch carriers is fairly low. What difference does it make if you get raped by Verizon vs. raped by AT&T? Still paying too much for data either way.

I don't personally buy subsidized phones (since I tend to get el cheapo phones, previously Nexus stuff), but in general, buying a non-subsidized phone offers no practical benefits.
>>
>>57086534

>The four carriers all have decent to good coverage practically everywhere here

I guess you don't know the trick where you constantly change carrier to rack up promotion and "plz don't leave" bonuses
>>
>>57086534

I would hesitate to say that Sprint has good coverage anywhere.

Tmobile is getting there,

AT/T is pretty solid,

and well Verizon is verizon.
>>
>>57085357
look at the xiaomi mi5s, it has the same soc and the price is 400 iirc
>>
>>57086534
T-Mobile's $30/5GB plan requires you to BYOD. If you want a subsidized device, you have to use a more expensive plan.

I buy my own devices anyways to avoid carrier branding bullshit.
>>
>>57086534
>the four major US carriers are pretty stable businesses, unlike shitshops in Europe that pop up and disappear in a blink

Major US and European carriers are more stable than US and European shitshops, yes.
>>
>>57084956
Its 1000+ euros.... fuuuck that, sticking with my old shamu
>>
phone sucks anyway
>>
>>57084956
>tfw still gonna buy it
>>
>$1300
>Non official seller
>Implying people can't raise the MSRP
>>
>>57086456
Google store
>>
File: Adderall_Cereal.jpg (101KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Adderall_Cereal.jpg
101KB, 500x333px
>>57087009
Same tho
>>
File: 1476554756438.jpg (122KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
1476554756438.jpg
122KB, 1000x1414px
>>57085357
>>57084956
lol r u jelly poorfag? What are you poor? Lol I don't need a 200$ phone I'll just use my high quality iPhone that costed Applel 10 cents to make xD!!
>>
>>57086456
Google store.
5.5 is out of stock though
>>
babby learns about third party sellers

retards
>>
>all four major carriers require you to have a dataplan with a smartphone
wrong

>So you could:
>1) Pay $200-700 for a phone and get a $30-70/month plan with data.
>2) Pay 0-$200 for the same phone and get a $30-70/month plan with data, but be stuck with that carrier for two years (note that you could still change plans, whether upgrading or downgrading services/data).
What about "pay as you go"?

>In general, the four major US carriers are pretty stable businesses, unlike shitshops in Europe that pop up and disappear in a blink.
What the fuck are you talking about?
>The four carriers all have decent to good coverage practically everywhere here, so the chances of someone bothering to switch carriers is fairly low.
Coverage is one reason to stay or switch, other reasons are price and features, etc.
>What difference does it make if you get raped by Verizon vs. raped by AT&T? Still paying too much for data either way.
With a contract you don't even get lubed up before being raped.

>I don't personally buy subsidized phones (since I tend to get el cheapo phones, previously Nexus stuff), but in general, buying a non-subsidized phone offers no practical benefits.
And being locked to them for two years has ZERO benefits.
>>
Meh.

>>57087590 is for >>57086534
>>
>>57086639
Me and my dad do this with the two cable/Internet providers in our area every few years. Got free shit like iPod touchs and always got premium channels for no charge
>>
>>57087590
Pay as you go is usually smaller companies like Cricket who piggybacks off ATTs network. It saves a lot of money doing that and buying a phone with cash.
>>
>>57086534
>So here in the land that created both 4chan and the phone you are so butthurt over, all four major carriers

but the pixel is only on verizon
>>
>lots of state of the art goodies
>can't even waterproof it

Aren't waterproof phones standard in [CURRENT YEAR]?
>>
>>57086795

Pretty much what I do especially since budget Android phones have finally gotten to the point to where they're not laggy pieces of shit.

Currently rocking my Moto G (4th generation) and love it.
>>
>>57086399
>buying phones on contract ("""subsidized""", although it isn't) is only big in dumbistan (read: USA)
>eurotard detected

It's mostly a market based on shady policy. It has nothing to do with consumer practices of the masses.

So here in the land that created both 4chan and the phone you are so butthurt over, all four major carriers require you to have a dataplan with a smartphone, regardless of whether you use it or not (e.g. a hypothetical basement dweller that never goes outside or a hipster that lives in a Starbucks).

So you could:
1) Pay $200-700 for a phone and get a $30-70/month plan with data.
2) Pay 0-$200 for the same phone and get a $30-70/month plan with data, but be stuck with that carrier for two years (note that you could still change plans, whether upgrading or downgrading services/data).

In general, the four major US carriers are pretty stable businesses, unlike shitshops in Europe that pop up and disappear in a blink. The four carriers all have decent to good coverage practically everywhere here, so the chances of someone bothering to switch carriers is fairly low. What difference does it make if you get raped by Verizon vs. raped by AT&T? Still paying too much for data either way.

I don't personally buy subsidized phones (since I tend to get el cheapo phones, previously Nexus stuff), but in general, buying a non-subsidized phone offers no practical benefits.
>>
>>57085537
>one seller
>"Z Gadgets"

>be me
>google it
>google website
>its $770 for an XL

please, PLEASE,
kill yourself
>>
>>57090053
these prices are retarded. I get 2gb of data in a 8€/month plan plus 3€ for every aditional gb. And i have wi-fi everywhere so never even excedeed the 2gb of data.
>>
>>57086534
>>57091489
You do realize that you are both being assfucked?

I pay my EU carrier 20€(10€ for unlimited minutes and 10€ for unlimited data). And by UNLIMITED I mean a real 4K streaming kind, not that cucked cap shit.

And I get a 0% lease phone from them i.e. phone costs 1200€ so I pay 100€/month for a year and it's mine.

Corporations are fucking you dry like some 3rd worlders
>>
>>57091965
Hows your TV license treating you, Paul? :^)
>>
>>57086534
>>57090053
why have you spammed this shit twice replying to the same posting?
>>
>>57084956
the pixel and pixel XL are priced identically to the iphone 7 and 7 plus, so no they aren't joking, they're competing.
>>
>buying a google phone
>>
>owning a phone
>>
>>57086463
Literally everyone in the UK gets phones this way, back in the dumbphone days you would buy the handset and and keep topping up your credit every now and then.

Except now that modern smartphones are ridiculously expensive, practically everyone signs on a contract to pay for the phone/call time credit/SMS credit/Data credit all in one for like a two or three long contract.
>>
>>57098231
Not everyone. I have an OPO and a 3 sim-only deal which is great but there are also a lot of dumb teenage iphone owners who buy their phone (or get mum and dad to buy it) on contract. A lot of networks offer "family plans" because they know it's a good way to rope in new customers for the future.
>>
>>57091965
The 8€ include unlimited minutes too and the speed is not capped either. For more 7€/month i could get unlimited data too, i just dont need it. So you are the one being assfucked.
>>
>>57084956
>>57085537
>128GB storage
>$1,358.49

...and they say Apple is expensive?
>>
>>57100173
see >>57090467
>>
At verizon the google pixel is only 879.99 before line access prices. So 36.66/mo depending on where your plan/discounts are at. For most people it's only 14.26.

Source: I'm a manager at a verizon store
>>
I could literally buy an iPhone 7 Plus and an Apple Watch for that.

Are Google retarded?
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.