[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people actually think PC Gaming is cheaper? Both the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 88329423.jpg (166KB, 1000x1665px) Image search: [Google]
88329423.jpg
166KB, 1000x1665px
Why do people actually think PC Gaming is cheaper?

Both the Xbox One and the PS4 are $399.00
>>
go back to reddet or pol or v or wherever you came from. You must be 18+ to post here
>>
>tfw that rig couldn't hit 144 fps in any game too

Sad!
>>
>>57082927
>>>/v/
>>
>>57082927
???????????
>>
>>57082927
it was when these consoles first came out

now both the Scorpio and the PS4P will be able to do 4K and 1080p at a much lower price
>>
>>57082927
>what is long term thinking
>buying gimped low end hardwrae that can't be used for anything other than gaymez

Enjoy having to pay $60($600 for 10 gaymez lmao) per game and paid online

>inb4 muh second hand gaymez
Have fun wasting your time hunting gaymez in stores
>>
>If I don't take the cost of the television and my surround sound system into account then I can really show those PC nerds lol!
>>
>Pay 3000$ for graphics card
>still have to pay for the shipping
wew led
>>
>>57082927
/v/irgin tier bait

have your (you), don't spend it on whores all once.
>>
>>57082927
>Why do people actually think PC Gaming is cheaper?

Because a PC can run games from 20 years back, will be able to run new games even once the XBone and PS4 won't be supported anymore, games for it cost much less, and the cost of the machine itself only reflects how much graphical fidelity you want. A $4000 PC will run games with much more detail and higher resolution than a comparative console will ever be able to. But if you want you can also put together a $300 PC that will have worse performance - but still run games, and you can just drop in a new graphics card two years later to get much higher quality.

>>57083842
>now both the Scorpio and the PS4P will be able to do 4K and 1080p at a much lower price

They'll only be able to do 4k for video playback.

Meanwhile PCs could do 1080p gaming for over a decade, and do 4k gaming since both of those consoles were out.
>>
>>57082927
>McAfee antivirus
>Not Common Senseā„¢ 2016
Wew
>>
>>57082927
Because:
1. You will have a PC anyway, might as well pay a little extra to make it support modern gaming if you want.
2. You can download tons of games for free, or pirate the paid ones and still be able to play them with your friends. While most console games cost at least $20 each.
3. A PC isn't limited to only playing games.
4. When playing games, PC has much easier controls (keyboard, mouse is much better for aiming/FPS games), it has a wider range of game genres. So until consoles start supporting keyboards and mice PCs will be better (since PC supports joysticks).
And you've literally selected meme parts in that picture. You can make a PC which plays a large majority of games (at least 95%) for less than $800, excluding the monitor/TV. If you don't want to play anything released in the past 5 years (at least not full HD), you can buy a $400 PC instead.
A mouse, keyboard and headphones can be bought for $15 each and will last at least 4 years.
>>
>add $400 to next PC budget instead
>>
>>57082927
> that part list
made me lol

I hope you're not seriously considering that
>>
>>57082927
Fuck off to /v/ retard
>>
I still play my Megadrive.
>>
>>57082927
>Both the Xbox One and the PS4 are $399.00

Consoles have very specific hardware configurations that are designed only to run games, and maybe some (lightweight?) OS backend. Compared to the kind of tasking a desktop computer would be juggling, console hardware doesn't really make the cut.

>Why do people actually think PC Gaming is cheaper?

When you consider the modularity of desktop computer hardware, it's a better investment in the long-run. All you may need to do is upgrade your graphics card or add more RAM to prepare your computer for future generations of games.

Although your point is also valid. The desktop computer market is constantly exploited by practices like vendor locking. A year from now, Intel may force the market to switch to a new socket type that's incompatible with anything except the latest line of Intel CPUs, which means upgrading for the next generation of gaming may set you back hundreds of dollars for a new motherboard configuration.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.