[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on the galaxy note 7 bros. My aunt wants to give me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (73KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 770x433px
Redpill me on the galaxy note 7 bros. My aunt wants to give me hers for $100 because she's scared of an eventual explosion so of course I will get it. Can it really explode/catch fire or is it just a meme?
>>
>>57082479
The carries and Samsung will release updates to brick the device. Google is telling developers to make their apps incompatible with all the note 7 models except the Korean ones. US airlanes will ban the device and they are allowed to keept it.

After the last recall is over they will disable the remain phones when they are conected online. Like how "lost my iPhone" works after the device goes online.
>>
Are you stupid? Of course it can catch fire. There's no way of knowing what level of quality control was failed though.
It could be that all of the batteries that are going to catch fire already have or will shortly, and any that last beyond that initial storm would have done fine with their adequate batteries or charge controllers or whatever.
Or it might be that there's a more fundamental flaw, and that the graph of failures will be linear, with the weakest batteries having already failed, but even the strongest will inevitably give in.

There's just no way to know, but it might be worth 100$ to find out.
>>
it's gonna burn your dick off
>>
>>57082548
>implying OP's dick is big enough to catch on fire.
He won't even notice
>>
It could catch fire even battery being replaced, it's a flaw design, some peeps says controller fault some battery packs. It's a $100 i would says go for it, if explode shitpost here on /g/.
>>
>>57082548
premium reference bro
>>
>>57082479
Is it stolen or something? Just take it back and get it exchanged for something else.
>>
>>57082479
Samsung is literally giving $100 to everyone who returns it.
Return it, trade it in for s7 edge, get $100.
>>
>>57082597
>>57082624
I don't think she knows about this and the phone will still be belonging to get on paper
>>
lmao off at anyone stupid enough to pay $100 for a worthless piece of junk that could kill him.
>>
>>57082479
>Can it really explode/catch fire or is it just a meme?

Yes you dumb fuck. Samsung issued a massive recall of that shit. Take the phone, return it for free phone of your choice by samsung and some cash.
>>
Why do people keep saying "redpill me" like they're on Reddit?
>>
>>57082624
They are offering full refunds on the phone as well as accessories, atleast that's how my carrier is handling it. I'm hesitant to return mine because >>57082520 if there's a way around this then I will be a super cool puss slayer with my now super rare, vimtage note 7... im thinking abput mayne returning it for an iphone but this years iphone seems like such shit. I also got a 256gb memory card with the preorder promotion and I won't be able to use it on an iPhone, I'm not interested in any other android phone either. Hopefully inflation hits down the road and I can sell my note 7 for major NEET bux.
>>
>>57082479
Take it, exchange it for an S7 Edge in a Samsung store, sell it, buy a chink phone (Xiaomi for example) and you end up with an even better phone and $300-$100=$200 in your pocket.
>>
>scamming relatives
>>
File: JBGfd52gqxpth.jpg (27KB, 309x600px) Image search: [Google]
JBGfd52gqxpth.jpg
27KB, 309x600px
>>57082683
>>57082479
Don't listen to this faggot OP, it's mostly a meme. I used to have a note 4 before I got my 7 and that thing would get hot as hell sometimes while charging it. I had screen timout off charging, I would go to sleep with it charging, I'd be listening to music, but I'd be sure to turn the screen off when I went to bed. The screen would turn on though while I was asleep if i got a text message or something and STAY on because I didn't have screen timout on while charging. I woke up one night and my note 4 was HOT to the touch, hot enough that it would burn if you held it for a few seconds. Kinda scared me tbqh... I don't think the note 7 has a "faulty" battery, never did, and now the fact that the note 7's with NEW batteries are still exploding it sort of confirms that. I think what the problem is like the note 4 and other phones they just get hot sometimes when you put the battery under an intense load. However, I believe due to the design of the note 7, waterproof housing and such, that it's much harder for that heat to escape so it builds up until it explodes. I really having looked much into the exploding note 7 reports but I believe most if not all were during charging. Sometimes using 3rd party chargers, outputting the wrong voltage, and likely some background tasks going on putting extra strain on battery.
>>
>>57082716
I don't use shit phones. If the note explodes I'll go with iphone
>>
>for $100

You're gonna pay your Aunt money to get burned?
>>
>>57082891
>If the note explodes I'll go with iphone
Might as well go straight for the iPhone before you get burned.
>>
>>57082652
That doesn't matter, Samsung will return phones purchased second hand. Of you give a shit about your aunt tell her to get her own money back. If not just return it yourself.

Its totally irresponsible of her to sell it to someone anyway, so whatever.
>>
>>57082479
Certain phone modders were able to fiddle with this phone's hardware to exploit some carriers. This is the main reason for the companies going apeshit.
They literally updated the software to cause the fault to burn off all sold devices.

My advice to you is to keep the phone and later sell it underground in a few months as it will be a solid investment.
>>
>>57082479
Take it and return it for cash.
>>
>>57082786
This is bs, just want the rest of the thread not to fall for such idiocy.

>never had a faulty battery, new ones exploding confirms this
No it just means the entire fucking design is massively flawed

>get hot when under intense load
bitch the raw power thanks to increased efficiency in chips means that to get seriously hot you have to load everything in the phone to 100% while charging, while the screen is on full brightness for a good few hours.
Background and/or normie tasks cannot and will not do this. It catches fire because its shit.

>all note 7s blew up while charging
Not true.

>wrong voltage chargers
Highly unlikely because quick charging only rarely uses higher voltages (for the latest and greatest batteries, like the fucking K10000 jeezus) which the note 7 supported afaik, while all others stick to 5V and just allow more current which is pulled by your phone and not 'pumped' into your device, so they can't damage a non-quick charge phone anyway.

>background tasks strain battery to the point of combustion
This last comment nails it, if your phone can't handle shitty background tasks then it definitely is a flawed design from top to bottom.

Lrn2read and lrn2phone goddamnit.
>>
>>57082479
Are you retarded? There's a reason it's in full recall right now
>>
Buy it. Take it back to carrier and get a refund.
>>
The Note 7 battery has shown around 0.15% chance of exploding, which is much higher than the average 0.01% of other phones

this means that around 1 in 800 Note 7 explodes

bear in mind this is as of today, it's unsure if the Note 7 battery becomes more unstable as time passes, which would increase the incidence of failure, which is the reason why Samsung ultimately decided to kill the device

if you want to get the Note 7, hope that it's not a faulty one, hope that the battery doesn't get worse as time goes by, then root I because Samsung and app dev will do what they can so you stop using the device

not to mention it's not illegal to fly on the united states with the Note 7, and likely to other places in the future

I would get it just to trade it in for another phone through the exchange program
>>
>>57082786
Posting from my Note 4.

This is the most bullshit post I've read all day.
>>
>>57082479
pics of aunt
>>
>>57084820
>No it just means the entire fucking design is massively flawed
Which is what I said

>bitch the raw power thanks to increased efficiency in chips means that to get seriously hot you have to load everything in the phone to 100% while charging, while the screen is on full brightness for a good few hours.
Background and/or normie tasks cannot and will not do this. It catches fire because its shit.
Well listen, I am not a smart man. All I know is that my note 4 got hot as hell, my note 7 will start to heat up under the same conditions, the difference I think is the note 7 cannot dissipate the heat like the note 4 can because of its design. Solution? Don't let your note 7 get hot...

>Not true.
Yes this is why I did not state it was a fact, but my assumption.

>This last comment nails it, if your phone can't handle shitty background tasks then it definitely is a flawed design from top to bottom.
I'll nail your point from top to bottom faggot. My note 4 had the same problem with getting extremely hot and warm doing certain tasks. The only flaw with the note 7 is the design, it's the straw that broke the camel's butt.
>>
File: 1473921219215.jpg (387KB, 798x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1473921219215.jpg
387KB, 798x1000px
>>57085201
I've had two note 4's, tis you who be the bullshitter sir
>>
I sincerely hope you are just being stupid OP.
Samsung has RECALLED it. That means your aunt not only gets her money back or a new phone but also $100 cash.
Do your aunt a favor and tell her just to take it back and get an Galaxy S7 if she likes Samsung or a Pixel XL or an iPhone 7 Plus.
Whatever you do don't be a fucking moron and pay $100 to your aunt for a phone that is going to explode on your drawer, in your bed, in a bag, or worst in your pants.
They said initially it was a battery problem to get rid of blame on their own design but it is pretty clear now that it is a control issue.
That means the phone is going to blow up at some point regardless of what battery is in it.
Samsung failed; will it wreck their whole company no but the Note line is discontinued until further notice and I sure as hell won't buy any of their products; you shouldn't either.
>>
File: 1409630808061.png (257KB, 516x526px) Image search: [Google]
1409630808061.png
257KB, 516x526px
>>57085313
>T. Pussy
Me and OP will be enjoying our ultra rare note 7's until inflation hits due to supply and demand and resell to rake in major NEET bux.
>>
>>57085383
this
>>
>>57085383
You'll be peeling your skin alright.
Right off your leg and what remains of your cock after that shit blows up in your pants.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.