[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it obsolete? What tasks do you have set up? I used to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: unnamed (1).png (55KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).png
55KB, 300x300px
Is it obsolete?

What tasks do you have set up?

I used to use it extensively, but mainly for battery saving things. But I can't help but wonder if the act of running a task to save battery ends up as a wash.

What you think
>>
File: 1476429908683.png (299KB, 398x685px) Image search: [Google]
1476429908683.png
299KB, 398x685px
>Sends WOL packets to turn my computer on int he morning

>Flashes the flash when I get a text

>Plays/pauses when the headphones are plugged in

I like the idea of it and I'm glad it exists but it's just my phone and I don't need it to do that many thing
>>
What I used mine for

>Turn off cellular data when connected to wifi for more than 5 minutes
>open music app when headphones plugged in
>Send my ex a picture of my dick every time I like something on Instagram

I feel like I'm missing out though, it has so much potential
>>
>>57080274
>ends up as a wash

It absolutely can end up as a wash if you are irresponsible with how you set up your tasks.
>>
What is it?
>>
>>57080274
i used to use it for more but now it's mainly just
>when car nfc tag is scanned
>enable bluetooth, screen rotation, and max the volume
>open up music and send a play keypress
>depending on day and time, enable location services and start navigation
everything is reset back to normal when brother maps or music are the foreground application. screen rotation was a bitch so the "reset" profile polls for screen orientation and only disables rotation once orientation=portrait

>at 02:00 if charging, fire up syncultimate profile to sync music from nas to phone
>at 04:00 or on completion of syncultimate, stop all syncs and rescan media

i used to have a nice one which called the kodi api too:
>on scan of bedside table nfc tag
>send a http get to downstairs kodi instance and parse the path to the currently playing media and percentage played
>stop the downstairs instance and send a cec standby
>start the media on the bedroom kodi instance at the same resume point

>>57080459
>>Send my ex a picture of my dick every time I like something on Instagram
c-can you send it to me too, anon?
>>
>>57080801

Yeah what's your number
>>
>>57080956
+44 1132457676
>>
I have tasks set up to disable WiFi when I'm not at home or work, and to go on vibrate at work, disable Bluetooth 5min after my headphones disconnect. I also have a custom brightness app that I only set to night mode if I am at home.
>>
>>57080711
looks like a winamp thread
>>
I finally got a smartphone with NFC. What apps do I need to start automating stuff with NFC? And how's Automagic Premium compared to Tasker, because the layout is sure as hell better.
>>
>>57080274
>always on top
>>
>>57081345
>Always to the left

What do you even mean
>>
>>57080274

I'm using it to send me pushbullet notifications of my battery percentage at certain levels.

Also, I have my phone configured for two profiles (cyangenmod feature). 1st profile disables my lock screen when connected to my home wifi network, second profile enables my lock screen when disconnected from my home wifi. However, for some reason, my cyangemod doesn't auto lock when first disconnected, so I use tasker to auto lock my phone when disconnected from my home wifi.
>>
>>57080356
>>Sends WOL packets to turn my computer on int he morning
Can you share what you use for the WOL part? I did this years ago, turn off alarm > pc turns on, but I cannot get it to work anymore
>>
>>57082112
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.benfinnigan.wol&hl=en
>>
I use it to enable/disable silent mode when i connect/disconnect with my uni WiFi.

I still think tasker is useful if you don't want to do a lot of repetitive tasks.
>>
>>57082127
thanks
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.