[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best tech for recording/broadcasting akin to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

What's the best tech for recording/broadcasting akin to a police body cam? I'm thinking of something that can be used for personal safety, the kind of "I am now recording and uploading this to the cloud as we speak" sort of thing?

Is there a lanyard for wearing your phone like a body cam?

I'm thinking of both personal safety and "monitoring" a crowd without holding up my phone.
>>
File: 1474085133078.jpg (80KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1474085133078.jpg
80KB, 300x300px
>>57080115
You want to carry a bodycam on you at all times?
>>
>>57080115
Wiretapping is a felony. Just carry a piece with you like a normal human being.
>>
Not a psycho, just thinking of practical matters in case of weird circumstances.
>>
>>57080248
You could 3D print a body-mounted slot-stand for your phone to rest at your chest.

If people ask about it, its a 'holder'.
>>
>>57080248
Like?
>>
>>57080266
Sounds like OP might be too deep in the blue.

If it's that bad OP then always remember that rope is cheap and trees are free.
>>
File: periscope15.jpg (73KB, 630x473px) Image search: [Google]
periscope15.jpg
73KB, 630x473px
>>57080350
>too deep in the blue.
heh. I don't know what that means.

>>57080266
Hmmm...well, I was thinking of the "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" movies, where she attempts to save her life by telling her captors that her phone is presently uploading everything happening, and it gives the old man pause while he figures out if she's telling the truth. So that got me thinking.

In the event you run afoul of some thugs or authority figures, and for whatever reason you don't call 911 -- let's say it's the police, and they're being serious assholes: In light of recent events, you may want to hit a button, and record everything that is going on, knowing that even if they destroy your phone, the incident is being recorded and uploaded somewhere. You don't have to be paranoid to see this could be practical.

Also in light of recent events, moving around in a crowd that is potentially angry and dangerous, in chaotic conditions, may call for something like a body cam: I was thinking of those jokers at the Ferguson BLM movement who were walking around with periscope all the time. What if you want to keep your hands free, like keeping your phone on a lanyard around your neck? Shakycams are annoying, but having a link to the outside world, constantly broadcasting events in the crowd as things unfold (more of a casual monitoring than an active journalistic endeavor) would be practical, or could be practical.
>>
>>57080200
Recording people in public places with no expectation of privacy isn't wiretapping. Cut the fud.
>>
File: im_recording_this.webm (607KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
im_recording_this.webm
607KB, 1280x544px
>>57080115
>I'm thinking of both personal safety

...You really think that recording is going to protect you?
>>
>>57080871
in the right circumstances it could be a serious deterrent, I think. It depends.
>>
>>57080907
not as big of a deterrent as a gun.
>>
Post the gifs of you trying to pick up chix, making someone slap you, etc.
>>
>>57080778
Walk into a Starbucks, and that instantly changes. Literally walk into any store or building, and that immediately changes.
>>
>>57080698
Nigger, buy pepper spray or get a concealed carry. Your idea is retarded. Nobody is going to stop and do anything because "I'm recording this! I'm recording this!"

Nobody who is trying to fuck with you is going to care. Anybody who does care, wasn't going to do anything in the first place.
>>
>>57080871
This is amazing, what is this from?
>>
>>57081029
>>57080698
This anon is right.

If someone is seriously going to fuck with you, there's way too much adrenaline and emotions running for your phone threat to stop them.

Anyone who walks away after realizing they were being recorded were just bluffing to begin with and hoping a confrontation wouldn't happen.

If you've ever been approached by an angry black (person) looking for trouble. Literally no amount of reasoning will stop them aside from pulling out a gun. And sometimes that's not even enough to deter them. Violent people that want to hurt you might as well be a completely different species in that moment dude.
>>
File: this_shit_again.webm (1MB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
this_shit_again.webm
1MB, 1280x544px
>>57081038
God Bless America

>>57080907
Get yourself an actual defensive implement. A gun, taser, pepper spray, etc. In this era of overinformation, no one is going to find/care about yet another recording of some random thugs beating up another random person.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.