[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

More like these? I literally snort out of my nose a little

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1476493303669.png (433KB, 973x539px) Image search: [Google]
1476493303669.png
433KB, 973x539px
More like these?
I literally snort out of my nose a little at each one.
>>
File: 466857892308.png (54KB, 570x575px) Image search: [Google]
466857892308.png
54KB, 570x575px
>>
>>57078604

I love how he capitalizes TERABYTE as if it's important or relevant enough to matter.
>>
>>57079401
This is why I stopped working on personal computers.
>>
>>57079701

I don't touch anyone's computer now unless they front $60. If they call asking for support, I'll tell them I'll call around and the hourly rate applies. So many chancing bastards that want free help in the past that take advantage of your goodwill and do nothing in return.
>>
>>57079756
What drove me over the edge was repeat customers who kept doing the same dumb shit, and seemed confused by it. Adware, 5 different trial editions of AV. Shit programs like Limewire, Shareaza. Restopre PC to perfect working order. Get a call a few months later. "Having problems again" LOL
>>
>>57079902
>>57079756
>customer keeps fucking up their shit
>keeps paying my overpriced costs
besides the mild irritation of knowing that it could have been avoided, why are you so mad about receiving money?

I'm not criticizing you, I'm just genuinely curious about why you're frustrated. If you're being paid for your time, and the work is easy, where's the problem?
Typically I charge $30 just to look at it, and tack on a $20 idiot fee if malwarebytes fixes it or it's fixed by googling an error code. I don't list a turnaround speed, and make sure they're aware that I'll be working on it in my downtime, not during my normal work hours.
>>
>>57080100
>and tack on a $20 idiot fee if malwarebytes fixes it or it's fixed by googling an error code

That's honestly a good idea.
>>
>>57080100

I'm >>57079756

I'm not frustrated. I should clarify: in the past, I'd do favors and fix whatever problem someone had with their computer. I became their constant support tech and it got to the stage I wouldn't so much as get a thanks. This was something done out of goodwill during my freetime, not as an occupation.
>>
>>57080100
Not mad about receiving money. Resent customer implications that somehow I didn't "fix it". I can't do customer service. The old saying about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. At least doing business or corporate work you can expect bigger paychecks for all the BS.
>>
>>57080148
>I'd do favors and fix whatever problem someone had with their computer. I became their constant support tech and it got to the stage I wouldn't so much as get a thanks.
Family is the worst. Wives, Sisters, Girlfriends, Mother in-laws, etc.
>>
>>57078604
>gigabytes of ram power
>>
>>57080174
>Family is the worst. Wives, Sisters, Girlfriends, Mother in-laws, etc.

Yup. In fact, it was a family member that isn't too short of money that was the worst and made my mind up.
>>
>>57080148
That's understandable. I can't say I've gotten to that point yet. I typically work on my parents' and siblings' devices while I'm hanging out with them, and the reward is usually dinner + drinks. The only time I expect actual cash is when I'm working on someone's device that is a referral.

>>57080152
The "you didn't fix it" bs I can totally understand. I've got an informal policy of being present during boot + a 15m period for testing. If they sign off on it before I leave, they have no room to come back and complain later.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.