[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The official memedistro of /g/ is gentoo, but what is the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: logo.png (36KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
36KB, 500x500px
The official memedistro of /g/ is gentoo, but what is the official memelanguage?
>>
>>57078108

English
>>
>>57078108
Javascript
>>
>>57078108
I thought we all agreed on Haskell.
>>
>>57078108
C+
>>
>>57078453
I've never heard of C+
>>
Any lambda-calculus based one.
>>
>>57078485
what about C++ or C++++ (pronounced see-dagger-dagger and sea pound respectively)
>>
>>57078108
Unlambda
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 480x480px
>>57078108
>I'm going to start code a academy for python tomorrow, and there is nothing you can do to stop me

The only reason I'm going to learn this, is because it has the coolest name of any programming language ever.

>Java pfffft
Fucking snake
Hisssss
>>
Scheme
>>
>>57078108
C
>>
>>57078573
That's a terrible reason but an excellent choice.
>>
>>57078573
>Implying BrainFuck isn't the coolest name for a language ever created
>>
>>57078573
python is good for starting out
>>
QBASIC
>>
Haskell
>>
File: Richard-Stallman.jpg (43KB, 640x358px) Image search: [Google]
Richard-Stallman.jpg
43KB, 640x358px
The most powerful programming language is Lisp. If you don't know Lisp (or its variant, Scheme), you don't know what it means for a programming language to be powerful and elegant. Once you learn Lisp, you will see what is lacking in most other languages.

Unlike most languages today, which are focused on defining specialized data types, Lisp provides a few data types which are general. Instead of defining specific types, you build structures from these types. Thus, rather than offering a way to define a list-of-this type and a list-of-that type, Lisp has one type of lists which can hold any sort of data.

Where other languages allow you to define a function to search a list-of-this, and sometimes a way to define a generic list-search function that you can instantiate for list-of-this, Lisp makes it easy to write a function that will search any list — and provides a range of such functions.

In addition, functions and expressions in Lisp are represented as data in a way that makes it easy to operate on them.

When you start a Lisp system, it enters a read-eval-print loop. Most other languages have nothing comparable to `read', nothing comparable to `eval', and nothing comparable to `print'. What gaping deficiencies!

Lisp is no harder to understand than other languages. So if you have never learned to program, and you want to start, start with Lisp. If you learn to edit with Emacs, you can learn Lisp by writing editing commands for Emacs. You can use the Introduction to Programming in Emacs Lisp to learn with: it is free as in freedom, and you can order printed copies from the FSF.

You can learn Scheme (and a lot of deep ideas about programming) from Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs by Abelson and Sussman. That book is now free/libre although the printed copies do not say so.

Please don't buy books (or anything) from Amazon!
>>
>>57078108
lisp
>>
>>57081163
god lispfags are obnoxious
>>
Lojban.
>>
>>57081163
Scheme is perfect
>>
>>57081163
Lisp/Scheme really is great. Thinking about programming that way is a lot more satisfying, and in some ways makes a lot more sense, somehow.

I like it, at least.
>>
Our meme language should be cobol
>>
Haskell
-- the natural numbers, a la Peano

data Nat = Zero | Succ Nat

-- iteration and some applications

iter z s Zero = z
iter z s (Succ n) = s (iter z s n)

plus n = iter n Succ
mult n = iter Zero (plus n)

-- primitive recursion

primrec z s Zero = z
primrec z s (Succ n) = s n (primrec z s n)

-- two versions of factorial

fac = snd . iter (one, one) (\(a,b) -> (Succ a, mult a b))
fac' = primrec one (mult . Succ)

-- for convenience and testing (try e.g. "fac five")

int = iter 0 (1+)

instance Show Nat where
show = show . int

(zero : one : two : three : four : five : _) = iterate Succ Zero
>>
Forth, obviously.
>>
>>57081352
DRANI
>>
>>57078108
Python
>>
If you mean meme as in something shit and impractical that no one uses, then you can't go wrong with Lisp as /g/'s meme language.

Our real language is either Python, C or Go.
>>
>>57078108

Rust
>>
>>57080713
More like an excellent reason but a terrible choice.
>>
Objective-assembly script ++
>>
HolyC
>>
Swift
>>
>>57082935
this and GO and Java
>>
>>57084419
nobody cares about swift
>>
Haskell and lisp are good memes but java is the OM (original meme).
>>
>>57078108
Hindi
>>
>>57081352
kek
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.