[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/ Today I had a motherboard, cpu and video card running

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (104KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104KB, 700x467px
Hey /g/

Today I had a motherboard, cpu and video card running breadboared on the table just to test components for a new build.

As I went to answer the phone, my asshole dog ran in, knocked the psu off the table and that ripped the cpu power cable out.

Now the rig won't turn on at all, the fans won't even spin. I have tried a different psu but no luck.

Do you think it will most likely be the motherboard that is fried or the cpu.
>>
>>57076726
Most likely the board.
>>
>>57076743

That's what I'm hoping.
>>
try one ram stick

either that or u fucked a cap on the mobo
>>
>>57076726
why have yo0u even got a mobo outside of a case at anytime you can't RMA it dumbarse.

Yes its dead mobo but its not the cpu.
check the power conecter for damage if the psu got riped out its likey the PSU is damaged inside and on the motherboard the solder is damaged and PSU and mobo contacts fucked up.

Never have a dog near a open air PC.
>>
>>57076772

I tried a couple of the ram sticks, one at a time in different slots but no luck.

I just can't face having to get another cpu. I can just about deal with a new mobo
>>
Have you tried with a different PSU? That's the first thing i'd check. Does the motherboard standby LED come on?
>>
typical dog owner thought process where you have ZERO FUCKING FORESIGHT OR INTUITION THAT THE FUCKING DOG IS AN ANIMAL AND IS UNPREDICTABLE

you people are the fucking worst
>>
dog wants a walk
>>
stupid fucking cucks with animals running around indoors
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.