[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Over than 30 minutes on this screen. Why Microsoft products

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: capture.png (10KB, 460x644px) Image search: [Google]
capture.png
10KB, 460x644px
Over than 30 minutes on this screen. Why Microsoft products are so shitty?
>>
>>57074788
why exactly do you install visual studio?
just install vs code.
its about 100 megs big and has all the features you actually use without all the bloat.
>fast text edtiro
>integrated terminal and output
>integrated debugger extensible by plugins
>git/svn integration
>intellisense also extendable by plugins

why exactly would you even bother with fucking visual studio at this point?
vs code is the best of both IDE and text edtior in one without all the fluff and bajillion features you dont use.
>>
>>57074869
Why do that when he could install emacs
>>
Nice broken english Rajesh
>>
>>57074889
because i dont use every feature emacs offers.
emacs is like the visual studio of text editors. at this point its a full blown operating system that transcends the typica IDE.
>>
File: asd.png (238KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
asd.png
238KB, 1366x768px
>>57074869
I'm uninstalling it. I regret installing this shit, look at the bloat that came with it.
>>
File: capture.png (11KB, 460x644px) Image search: [Google]
capture.png
11KB, 460x644px
>>57074942
There was even more before I uninstalled

>>57074895
>Rajesh
More like José. I'm improving, anyway.
>>
>>57074942
yeah thats pretty hefty. last i checked its about 20 gigs of useless shit no one needs unless you do very specific windows server shit with azure.
if you want easy csharp programming vscode will do the job. and you get this too:
https://www.microsoft.com/net/core#windows
this is .net as an open source standalone library.
its platform independant and runs even on linux. its the very tiny. and all you need to get started.
.net is like the only reason youd even consider visual studio.
then again vscode just does it better. .net core even comes with a debugger vscode can use.
>>
>>57075002
I will look into it, thanks.
>>
>>57075002
vscode only has support for mono and .NET Core. Not even Xamarin support.
>>
>>57075193
xamarin is mono for the most part.
dont you remember the whole darama around mono develop, xamarin and broken promises as well as money jewing just so they can have mobile integration?
you can still develop mobile apps with mono and .net core with vscode.
>>
>>57075193
>implying anyone installing VS for the first time needs Xamarin
>>
>>57075250
I personally tried it. You can't run it from VSCode

>>57075257
Maybe he's installing VS because he wants to use Xamarin?
>>
>>57074788
I tried installing visual studio but due to my windows missing some updates it didnt work. So I just installed sublime
>>
Visual Studio is the best IDE ever though.
>>
>>57075331
It's not bad, but intelliJ products are generally better due to being tailored to the appropriate language and ecosystem rather than trying to one-size fits all and really only tailor to the MS stack.

You're also bound to Windows which is a really bad thing for most devs outside the C# and Java bubble.
>>
Dashchan doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>57074788
tell me about it. my system required an update to install visual studio, and it would hang on "checking for updates" for 24 hours or more

I literally had to manually install updates one by one.

Micro$hit is truly shit.
>>
>Community

You poor, bro?
>>
I remember trying to activate the """free""" community edition. The MS login did not work at all inside the app, so I had to fire up Internet Explorer and log in from there.
>>
>>57074942
>2016
>Living in Spain
>>
>>57075447
nice one
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.