[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>raspberry pi >want to build a handheld emulation device

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: g.jpg (51KB, 388x400px) Image search: [Google]
g.jpg
51KB, 388x400px
>raspberry pi
>want to build a handheld emulation device
>need to 3d print a case
>need to learn to solder
>dont know how to make a rechargable battery
>everything would cost £70+
>might as well buy a controller to snap to my smartphone
>>
>>57074178
learning CAD stuff would be cool but there are sites like thinkiverse that have free 3d printable files

i dunno where you live but the US has a lot of Hackerspaces where people can get free access to 3d printers

soldering is super easy. i taught myself very recently and cant believe i didnt learn sooner. if you can hot glue, you can solder. all you do is push a hot iron next to what you want to solder and feed some supercheap solder onto the iron from the other side of the component. thats actually all there is to it

dunno what to say about a rechargeable battery but thats the only thing that doesnt have an entry level solution here
>>
>>57074249
Hi, thanks for the reply. Do you mind telling me how I would learn to make a handheld emulation device> I'm assuming the raspberry pi is the easiest way to do this. I was thinking of the Pi 3 Model B because it's the most powerful of them. I have found a nice 8 inch screen on Ebay, the case I can surely get a company that 3d prints to print it for me, and the buttons I have found on Amazon (didn't make sense to buy a £30 controller just to tear it apart).

What's breaking me is the battery. I would like to seal it up and never have to open it again, but if needs be I would settle with non-rechargeable batters. However, I don't like them because they are a waste and it's expensive to replace constantly.

Do you reccomend any books to use? I prefer them over videos because youtube videos are mostly terrible for learning. So I would need to learn electronics?
>>
Do you have any idea how complex programming emulators is?
>>
>>57074178
You 100% don't need a 3D printer for a case, m8. I was working with a Pi last summer and made a case for it out of printer paper in 15 minutes. If you bought some strong cardboard and used a similar design I'm sure it would be good as long as it didn't get wet.

Soldering is easy and I don't think the iron or solder is very expensive; you could just buy a small rechargeable battery for quite cheap and not worry about making one.

Maybe this would still be more expensive than a snap-on controller, but you'd learn more and probably have more fun this way.
>>
>>57074422
>However, I don't like them because they are a waste and it's expensive to replace constantly.
lol nigga get a battery charger and a couple sets of batteries so you can put one set in while the other is in the charger
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.