[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I be worried about open street cabinets affecting my internet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 3688629452_4d5f6a2d8d_o.jpg (1MB, 2882x2161px) Image search: [Google]
3688629452_4d5f6a2d8d_o.jpg
1MB, 2882x2161px
Should I be worried about open street cabinets affecting my internet? Anyone could just pour water or physically damage the cables inside.
>>
No. Street cabinets are only a decoy so that copper theft don't think to look for the real ones which are underground.

Source: I'm a cabling engineer
>>
>>57073315
So you're saying these don't do anything?
>>
The worst part is that the UK actually looks like that.
>>
>>57073281
>be low voltage installer
>see shit like this regularly

the telephone crew that pulled the first internet lines were a bunch of hacks
>>
>>57073345
I know somebody who works as a mail carrier. Somebody delivers the boxes by car with the mail and locks them up inside the cabinets. Then someone else delivers the mail by bike or on foot.
>>
>>57073420
Greem ones are cable, telephone or fibre cabinets in the UK. The small grey ones are for mail.
>>
>>57073418
How om earth do you even start on such a mess?
>>
>>57073418
and shit like this actually works?
>>
>>57073281

that nid looks fine

what are you talkin about
>>
>>57073369
Feels bad m8
>>
>>57073369
Only Muslim areas look like that, which admittedly is most built up areas now.
>>
>>57073281
>Anyone could just pour water
rain doesn't affect it, so it's somewhat waterproof already
>>
>>57073315
>cabling engineer
i suppose any retard can be labeled an 'engineer' just sucks because i busted my as for 7 years to become an electrical engineer
>>
>>57074780

Funny, that's entirely true. Okay, I went to London but anyway, it's England. The bus ride from Stansted to London (Westminster to be exact) went through shitty areas that look like Bethnal Green though the bus didn't go through that specific area. Every corner had a Halal shop, no one was white. A disturbing amount of Indians too, it's like the entire Microsoft PR team is located in London.
>>
>>57076150
Rain doesn't affect them because they're waterproof.

When they're closed.
>>
>>57076205
the title "engineer" is given to people that maintain and troubleshoot engines
you know, the things that make ships move
people that get their hands dirty in incredibly hot and humid environments to make a big thing move

you're bitching about people stealing a title you're stealing
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.