[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys think Windows Phone ever stood a chance? Also, Microsoft

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: wp8devices.jpg (375KB, 1567x1000px) Image search: [Google]
wp8devices.jpg
375KB, 1567x1000px
Do you guys think Windows Phone ever stood a chance?

Also, Microsoft will try to enter the smartphone market one last time with the upcoming Surface Phones line, betting on the successful Surface brand. Do you guys think it'll pick up?
>>
>>57071608
Windows is so bloated that it could never run effciently on low level hardware
>>
>>57071642
In my opinion, android is much more bloated than Windows10 for WP. Have you ever owned a WP? I used to have the old Nokia Lumia and it ran much smoother than the Nexus 4 I had previously.
>>
>>57071642
Nigga actually Windows was the best running on low level hardware.
>>
Just wait until the Surfaceâ„¢ Phone! It will blow both Android and Apple out of the water!
>>
The company behind forgot its existence momentarily. That should give you a hint.
>>
>>57071663
Nah i prefer to not have my phone brick
>>
>>57071682
I would love it if it ran Android. Personally I want sharp edges on it like on the Surface Pro. Tired of this rounded bullshit.
>>
>>57071667
Impossible compared to a linux kernel. Windows handles ram like shit and always will. Not to mention all the useless processes that are a mainstain in windows. If it was any better it wouldnt of failed
>>
It never stood a chance. It was apparent from the beginning that iOS and Android grew their market share almost entirely at the expense of dumbphones, not at the expense of each other. Because Apple and Google gobbled up all that market share before Microsoft even showed up, there was none of it left for them, and thus, no momentum.

I called it in like 2010.
>>
>>57071727
What the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>57071727
wtf? Windows Phone had and still have the best battery life in the phone market.
>>
>>57071727
Linux is awesome by all counts, Android's OS is the one that makes phones shit their pants.
>>
>>57071642
>Windows equals Windows Phone/Mobile

are you high?!
>>
>>57071608
if they would stil have the user base of WP7 and the current hardware/OS than definetly yes. Now its really just for enthusiasts and those who want freedom from 'social shit', customization options without the laggy Andriod expierience.

I personally had flagships of the three mai OS's, sold the Andriod one, still have a 5S and 950. I tel you the 950 is much comfier than an iphone can ever be. I don't know which phone I'll buy next year if MSFT won't release another one, maybe I stick with the 950 until it breaks
>>
>>57071608
They need the App support, My windows phone worked great but not having access to so many common app that are standard on Apple/Google store was beyond frustrating.
>>
>>57071727
WP runs much smoother on low-end hardware than Android.
>>
>>57071727
You couldn't be more wrong, Windows Mobile OS is lightweight as fuck compared to the morbid obesity of Android shitting itself all the time.
>>
>>57071642
>>57071727
Get a fucking clue before posting
>>
I'll get windows phone if it run apple/android apps
OR
x86 so I can run full desktop programs
>>
What to do with an old Lumia WP other than throwing it away?
>>
>>57071727
>wouldnt of
confirmed troll
why so many replies?
>>
>>57071608
No. iOS was just way better for a closed source OS even though it's less functional than Android (as in it can do less). And Android was better because it's more modular and open source at the same time. Windows on phones doesn't have any benefits over iOS or Android. I bet Ubuntu phones will become more popular than Windows phones.
>>
>>57071608
It Think the real problem with WP was the past deeds of Microsoft. Most people doesn't know anything about computers and doesn't care about the business practices of a company but potential business partners do and that was what MS needed to become successful on the mobile side.

I guess they think the mobile devices was just a temporary fad and considering around 2008-10 they already practically controlled the desktop business they didn't care. However when the mobile market became lucrative probably most companies decided to not support them due to their anti-competitive behavior, so even with all their resources, due to the fact that people just uses whatever comes bundled with the hardware (if people relates the brand "windows" with quality they would have rejected other OS), coming bundled with only an small fraction of all the devices killed them in the exact same way they put out of business their past competitors: making them fall into a vicious circle, if your marketshare is low you'll receive low priority from third parties and if you lack applications your product will not be attractive. In short WP now is hardly even for a niche market which is the MS true lover, because it has all the disadvantages of linux on the desktop for example without any of the advantages.
>>
>>57071730
This desu sempai famalam
>>
>>57076078

You're dramatically overcomplicating this.

It's little more than a matter of a causal feedback loop between a lack of support and a lack of adoption, and it happened because Apple and Google had already claimed all the low-hanging fruit by the time Microsoft even showed up.
>>
>>57071608
the new phone can do that shit which allows a kb+m to be plugged in and the phone to be used as a full windows desktop which is pretty neat
>>
>>57076181
I beg to disagree, i think WP had a good chance, if Microsoft's relationships with manufacturers were better they would ship more WP devices but their reputation is bad in general, if you gonna make a deal with Microsoft you must be sure to win a lot from that deal otherwise is better to avoid the hassle.
>>
>>57075577
>>57071667
>>57071663
>>57072818
>>57074731
quit it with the fucking meme. Literally any $80 chinkphone can destroy the 650 in performance.
>>
>>57071682
Top kek
>>
>>57076253
The sad truth.
>>
>>57071608
No and no.
>>
>>57076253
>>57076294
Not at all but keep trying
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.