[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tell me /g/ as someone who consumes media a lot and owns a large

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: front_large.jpg (81KB, 800x328px) Image search: [Google]
front_large.jpg
81KB, 800x328px
tell me /g/ as someone who consumes media a lot and owns a large amount of physical media (mostly blus and ps3/ps4 games) what would be the benefit of buying one of these receivers?

keep in mind, I view everything I have, movies, music and games on my 55 Samsung hdtv, on my ps3, and on z5500s (Logitech pc speakers) that sound really decent to my ears. they can get really loud if I turn up the volume, it's like my room is a movie theatre.

second question, should I bother upgrading? I've always been skeptical of the improvements of a 7.1 or atmos setup, given the tiny size of my room and the acoustics of it. however I have read descriptions of some sound setups sounding incredibly dynamic on some films and having watched them on my set up, I have to say I just don't get that. so I know I COULD improve but is it worth investing in an expensive reciever?
>>
I dedicated receiver and even cheaper speakers can not be compared to a Z5500. The sound is non comparable. Like comparing shit to food. Logitech being shit.
>>
>>57065900
see, I'm really finding this hard to believe. can you like, just explain as simple as possible why this is? I'm telling you... movies sound damn good on my set up.
>>
>>57065958
The Logitech speakers lack good amplification and decent speaker drivers.
>>
>>57065958
You need a large number of high quality capacitors and other components to make good sound. That is why receivers are always so big. Combine a dedicated power supply and circuitry needed to make sure that there is no noise, like ground loop isolators and it just adds to it. The logitech and other receivers cheat and cutback by removing dedicated circuitry per channel creating noise and other problems.
>>
>>57066059
Also why do we use good power supplies when building computers? That's sort of like the question you are asking OP.
>>
>>57065958

The Z5500's are the opposite of dynamic with their tiny drivers and equally tiny amps driving them. I'd get a mid end receiver, a really good sub and use the speakers you got for now. There's really no difference in sound quality between a $500 receiver and a $1500 receiver if you're driving tiny speakers. A real sub (one that gets to at least 20hz) will make a massive difference if you're into movies. Your Z5500 sub starts to roll off where a real sub starts to really work. After building a good sub it's really hard to listen to movie theater bass.
>>
>>57066108
What is cheapest best receiver for the money? I don't mind spending $300 if it is going to last me, but I don't want spend $500. I want it for a 5.1 setup for tv and various game consoles.
>>
>>57066144

I'm not sure but there's quite a few receivers in the $300 range, I wouldn't count on them lasting 10 years though. Even a high end units aren't built to last. 5.1 systems are "out of style" and being replaced by sound bars so you might be able to pick up a higher end used receiver for a decent price.
>>
>>57066222
Any ones you know of that are easy to repair? Replace some caps and what not.
>>
>>57066144
I picked up a refurbished Denon S910W recently for about $300. Been working super well so far. Also has component in to HDMI out, which means I don't have to worry about buying TVs with component in ports anymore.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.