[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monitor Finish: Which one is the best and why is it Glossy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 11173197_f520.jpg (40KB, 520x347px) Image search: [Google]
11173197_f520.jpg
40KB, 520x347px
Monitor Finish: Which one is the best and why is it Glossy?

Seriously, why do you still have a matte screen anon? Do you hate your eyes that much?
>>
>two 15" applels

for what purpose
>>
>>57065008
>missing the point
It's the screen anon, not the trash OS, we're talking about here.
>>
>>57064995
Give me oled or give me death... also glossy is fine.
>>
>>57064995
Which one is supposed to be better, left or right?
>>
>>57064995
Glossy for color sensitive, matte for shit I can't avoid the light with.
>>
If it's a low res (meaning less than 1920x1200 these days) low quality LCD then it might as well be matte finish because it already sucks and matte is a bit more versatile.

But if I am buying a high quality screen for good color and black levels, gotta be glossy. I'll control the lighting to avoid glare it's no big deal
>>
I have 1080p ips on my laptop, matte. Glossy ips option simply wasnt available
>>
>>57064995
Glossy has poor viewing angles and reflects light more.
>>
I have some Dell monitor at work with a matte finish that I vastly prefer over our old imacs.
>>
>>57065011
Wasn't Apple one (or THE) last company to actually ship laptops with Matte screens? I mean why do you autists sperg over Apple even though it was the last one to care enough and cater to you.
>>
>>57065308
Huh, never knew that this very matte looking screen on my new XPS 13 was actually glossy.
>>
>>57064995
Matte for touchscreen laptops, glossy for normal screens
>>
>>57065308
Apple is shit and no, they aren't the only ones with matte screens. They aren't the only ones in anything positive. Use that as a rule of thumb.
>>
>>57066509
>They aren't the only ones in anything positive.
Are 16:10 laptops even a thing outside of Apple anymore?
>>
>>57065231
You know that matte displays aren't actually better in bright light right? The brightness is the same and all it does is distort fine detail.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.