[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /g/'s choice when it comes to clouds? No

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

What's /g/'s choice when it comes to clouds? No jewgle drive.
>>
No one uses cloud here
>>
File: microsd.png (244KB, 1365x536px) Image search: [Google]
microsd.png
244KB, 1365x536px
>>57063848
/thread
>>
>>57063848
That's stupid.
>>
>>57063912
see >>57063883
>>
>>57063938
Because switching the sd Card everytime is annoying as fuck. If you do this you are retarded.
>>
>>57063838
Google Drive hands down
>>
>>57063838
My home server and VPS
>>
>>57063838
Ssh into home server
>>
>>57063984
Who said anything about switching? Is 256GB of storage really not enough for you and your shitty chinese cartoons and music library?
>>
Mega
>>
>>57064030
>>57064038
Home servers lack the redundancy and uptime of actual companies.

Plus, it's way cheaper to use free cloud services provided by these companies than to buy storage and backup, pay for multiple ISPs to ensure the best possible uptime and electricity to keep the servers up 24/7.
>>
>>57064094
>Home servers lack the redundancy and uptime of actual companies.
I couldn't possibly give less of a shit
>Plus, it's way cheaper
Even if I was retarded enough to use "the cloud" I'd still have my home server and VPS.
>>
>>57064123
So let me get this straight, you upload data that isn't important enough to backup, but your data is important enough that you cry about muh privacy.

You're just as retarded as the rest of /g/.
>>
>>57063838
As long as you encrypt your data before you upload, it really doesn't matter which company you use.
>>
>>57064168
>So let me get this straight, you upload data that isn't important enough to backup, but your data is important enough that you cry about muh privacy
That's not even remotely accurate. Besides, where did I say anything about privacy?
>>
>>57064171
>implying the NSA doesn't have a backdoor in 256
>>
>>57064210
I don't care about government agencies reading my data...there are easier ways for them to access that info.

I'm concerned about incompetent companies and random assholes.
>>
>>57064094
>Home servers lack the redundancy and uptime of actual companies.
The only thing that's not redundant in my setup is the ISP because none of them keep the nodes up for long in a power outage.
>>
I backup my data on an external hard drive, rather than the cloud. Much faster data transmission speeds, and an ability to access data in areas with poor Internet connectivity.
>>
>>57063838
ownCloud
>>
File: nikolai.jpg (547KB, 1735x1735px) Image search: [Google]
nikolai.jpg
547KB, 1735x1735px
>>57063838
>cloud
>>
>>57063838
I like stratus clouds personally. Cumulonimbus are pretty neat though.
>>
I'm too poor to buy hard drives so I upload stuff to the cloud while I wait for better times to come so I can then redownload my stuff (that's hopefully not been deleted by then).
>>
>>57065542
lol stratusfags can't into precipitation.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.