[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is the Android app support on this? Does it make any sense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1475196074653.png (212KB, 800x661px) Image search: [Google]
1475196074653.png
212KB, 800x661px
How is the Android app support on this? Does it make any sense to get this in 2016?
>>
>>57057651
It's an awesome buy if you have zero interest in apps. otherwise its useless
>>
Not really, unless you're a huge sucker for keyboards. I got my Q10 in late 2014 and I don't regreat a thing; but still, it's kind of dumb to get one now.
>>
>>57057651
It has access to amazon apps iirc. It may be possible to run apps from sources, but I doubt it. I'm getting the priv next payday.
>>
It doesnt have google play services so many apps wont work. I used a Q10 from 2013-2016 and then switched to android, it was great, but i would not recommend a BB anymore, its dead
>>
>>57058110
Yes, you can install the amazon app store and get apps from there.

>It may be possible to run apps from sources
If you mean install via an APK file, then yes, you can. That's how you install the Amazon app store in the first place.
>>
>>57058207
Well there you go, you just need to pirate all the good apps that don't require Google play services.
>>
File: 1468623979611s.jpg (3KB, 117x125px) Image search: [Google]
1468623979611s.jpg
3KB, 117x125px
>in 2016
>in 2010
>in 2004
>in 2000
>in 1990
>in the current year
>>
>>57057651
>1:1 media
Have fun with the black bars using half of the screen.
>>
>>57059035
It's a valid question, you retarded memelord.
>>
>>57059060
>Playing media on a work phone
>>
>>57059060
>playing media on a phone
>not having a music player and a phone and a tablet
>>
>>57057651

I have a Classic and it runs the same OS. Basically there's not many apps in the BlackBerry store but you can install apps via Amazon App store, F-Droid or just download the APKs yourself. It's not the latest version of Android though but you can run clover and other shit like that. Also if you use the phone for typing and posting, it'll be good. Personally i don't even use that many Android apps anyway on my android phones. So this phone is good.
>>
You're asking us if it makes sense to get one right now, but for what purposes? I wish there was a way to autoban vague shitposts.
>>
>>57057651
I own one and use it as my daily. There's a person on crackberry that compiled a version of the play store to run on it. Apps that want Google play services installed will either complain or not work, though the same site has a patcher to remove that (hit or miss you it works).

The phone has an android 4.3 runtime on it so it can just about run anything android except for what's listed above.

It takes some time getting used to bbos10 and the unusual form of the phone itself.
>>
How long do you think Whatsapp will run after they stop support this year? That's pretty much the only app that I really need.
>>
>>57060302
How is the office suites in it?
>>
>>57060591
bump
>>
>>57057651
BB10OS is great, go for it OP. I'm picking up a Passport this month.

>>57058110
>It may be possible to run apps from sources
You can install apps directly from apks, you can even install the Play Store and F-Droid.
>>
>>57057651
I had Q10 for long time. It was supporting Android apps suprisingly well, i used Google Maps, endomondo, even tried running some games (deus ex mankind divided, gta vice city, ppsspp is native for bbos10).

But it depends on your needs - you won't get proper system integration, android notifications appear in BB hub and that's it. You won't, for example, get google services, which means google maps constantly crying about logging because they don't know where you are now and they're concerned. Also, 1:1 ratio screws up some app layouts, for example endomondo had some fonts cut out. Nothing that makes you unable to use app, but it looks like shit. And snapdragon s4 is not exactly top of the line for android apps, especially wrapped in some kind of virtual machine - performance is nothing to be proud about, it's just enough to use google maps kinda comfortably or play this gta game without lags.

In short: if you want qwerty and can't afford Priv, this is probably your best bet. Android support is good enough to have your favorite android functionalities. If you can afford Priv, get it - BBOS10 is dying, that's obvious now.
>>
>>57063566

But you CAN get Google Services working on a BB10 device courtesy of:

https://cobalt232.github.io/playstore/

Been using this guy's stuff for over a year now with my Z10 and never had issues, full Google Services and every Google app works without issues.
>>
>>57063689
I think he's saying that all Android compatibility involves a performance reducing compatibility layer.
>>
>>57057651
>Does it make any sense to get this in 2016?
It never made any sense.
>>
>>57063566
So what about Whatsapp?
>>
>>57063867
Fuck off, retard.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.