[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the deal with this website? I remember back when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 01_mega_logo.svg.png (28KB, 1280x905px) Image search: [Google]
01_mega_logo.svg.png
28KB, 1280x905px
What's the deal with this website?

I remember back when it launched people were heralding it as the second coming of megaupload/christ, and no mention of any download limits, just cloud storage limits or whatever.
Now I'm trying to download a few files, totalling about 4 gigs. After a whopping 1.5gb it cuts the download and asks to either shell out 5 euros or fuck off for 6 hours.

This means I'd have to wait 12 hours to download my files with that limit imposed. 4 gigs total. That's insane.

What the fuck happened?
>>
>>57050392
kim dotcom got arrested, is now bankrupt, and the site was a honeypot all along
>>
>>57050392
Dotcom lost it. That's what happened.

Good news is that he won his court case and it launching an actual Megaupload. Release date: 2017

In other news, he plans to work on another "internet", called MEGANet, along with a bitcoin system called Bitcache.

>>57050408
Megaupload and mega are two different things. MEGA is not a honeypot, but dotcom said not to use it for reasons such as OPs.

>Having your file host fucked over TWICE

In the meantime, mixtape.moe and other pomf clones are nice. just ure multipart rars
>>
>>57050408
Not precisely. As far as I remember it the feds seized the site and since then it's been operated by the NZ government. So yeah it's a honeypot now but it might not have been at its conception.
>>
>>57050408
>>57050442
Oh, so it's fucked AGAIN. Why did it happen this time though? You're telling me that it's the NZ government that's trying to jew me out of 5 euros now? What are they trying to accomplish?
Still, that sucks. I'll stay away from it from now on.

>mixtape.moe and other pomf clones
I don't want to use those for filesharing for the same reason that caused pomf to die. I'll keep those to small videos and songs.
>>
>>57050392
I hope Mega doesn't end up shutting down. Honeypot or not it's been the "defacto" file hosting website to host pirated or original material for a few years now because of it's high downloading speeds and higher file retention. It was so annoying when megaupload shut down and nearly every other download link was down.
>>
>>57050392
lol wtf are you talking about

ive never gotten the bandwidth limit thing

didnt even know that existed
>>
>>57050756
edit: http://nicoblog.org/guides/fix-for-mega-nz-bandwidth-quota-exceeded-error/

just make an account ya fuckin goober
>>
>>57050539
Heard there was a hostile takeover from China and the NZ government seized assets somehow.
>>
>>57050442
>Good news is that he won his court case

The latest one? As in, the extradition? I can't find news about it.
>>
>use mega for most media with jdownloader
>no problems at all

Short of megavideo, it IS the second coming of megaupload
>>
>>57050771
>>57050756
>ive never gotten the bandwidth limit thing
You must be blessed then.

>just make an account ya fuckin goober
I have an account. Did you even read that post? It's not "just make an account". If I were to do a workaround, I'd just reset my IP. But I'm not talking about that. Those limits weren't there before and now they are.

>>57050836
>hostile takeover from China
I just looked it up. Takeover by a chinese fraudster, that then got seized by the NZ gov. Man, that's shit. When it isn't the government trying to fuck over file-sharing, it's some exploitative businessman prick. When will it end?
>>
How recent is this download limit thing? I downloaded a heap off Mega last month and didn't come across this once.
>>
FUCK NEW ZEALAND
>>
>mega
1. pain in the ass to use
2. fight your way through javascript hell
3. encryption under their control not yours
4. kim dotcom = sabu II (arrested, runs honeypot to save own ass)
5. fuck mega
>>
>>57050771
I use this:
https://sites.google.com/site/shinchirosplayground/home/mega-link-downloader
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.