[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

History: Back in the 90's, good goy Bill Clinton signed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: bigcontentlisting.jpg (16KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
bigcontentlisting.jpg
16KB, 300x169px
History: Back in the 90's, good goy Bill Clinton signed into law the Digital Millennium Copyright Act at the MAFIAA's request. Aside from ramping up statutory damages for file sharing to a gorillion dollars per share (resulting in Limewire being sued for more than the entire GDP of the world), it had a provision aimed at punishing upstanding file sharers for circumventing DRM. While we all know that did fuck all to stop file sharing, it effectively criminalized goods and services aimed at letting you exercise your Fair Use rights.

The rub is that the DMCA had a bandaid provision that allows the Librarian of Congress to designate temporary exemptions to the anti-circumvention provision of the DMCA every few years.

Given the new Librarian of Congress is unusually pro-innovation, this petition might actually accomplish something.

TLDR: Don't be a pajeet. Sign this.

https://act.eff.org/action/copyright-law-shouldn-t-punish-research-and-repair
>>
>>57049933
Listen, I pirate fucking everything but I'm not going to pretend I'm some kind of freedom fighter for doing it.
>>
>>57049933
I work for a large corporation who is essentially the #1 name in communications (or used to be anyways). today the CEO of the company sent out this disgusting pandering email laying out why we should support the TPP and how it's good for the company + good for America

i'm thinking about quitting
>>
>>57049949

No one is asking you to LARP as a freedom fighter. This is an online petition that'd be sent to a person in power sympathetic to innovators for a change. This is part of the Democratic process and doesn't involve chucking Molotov cocktails at a storefront.
>>
>>57049962

Quit your job at AT&T. They're a shit company that's in bed with the NSA.
>>
>>57049949
>Listen, I pirate fucking everything but I'm not going to pretend I'm some kind of freedom fighter for doing it.
Who is delusional and autistic enough to think they're some freedom fighter or doing a consumer protest for downloading a movie?
>>
>>57050237
>>57049991
It's not so much anything specific but rather the way these types of arguments and campaigns tend to come across.
>>
>>57050237
80% of 4chan
>>
>>57050269

Yeah, I get that. Campaigns are overused for public pressure purposes and burnout often sets in. Normally I wouldn't bother as I think most campaigns are worthless, but this one is different. We might actually get something from this.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.