[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is google serious? Don't they understand why anyone buys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

Is google serious? Don't they understand why anyone buys Android devices over iPhones? I've give them a hint, it's not the fucking features or performance or app ecosystem.
>>
>>57049690
>Don't they understand why anyone buys Android devices over iPhones?
It's because most of the population is not gay.
>>
>>57049690
>everyone chooses phone is for the same reason
>all Android devices are equivalent
This is an 18+ board. Try Facebook.
>>
>>57049802
>everyone chooses phone is for the same reason
Of course they don't... some people want a good smartphone, and some people want a cheap one. Some people choose devices which are neither cheap nor good. Those people are particularly stupid.

>all Android devices are equivalent
They certainly aren't! Some are much better than others. But they're all limited by the lowest common denominator feature, Android.
>>
No 4chan app on iPhone is the only thing holding me back from switching
>>
>>57049690
>it's not the fucking features or performance or app ecosystem
as if bro
>>
>>57049918
That might be a good thing
>>
>>57049690
>it's not the fucking features
for /g/ i'd assume this is the main reason

>or performance
i'll give you that one, lagdroid is real

>or app ecosystem
what it lacks in good polished products it makes up for in shit that you can't do on an iPhone
>>
>>57050271
That there's no 4chan app? How else am I gonna post? The browser is awful
>>
People here are buying Pixels. Like, people that supposedly know a little about tech are paying for this crap. Google won, they became Apple and they will only sell to brain dead fanboys.
>>
>>57049690
>it's not the fucking features or performance or app ecosystem.
It is.
I've always used android and I get a new HTC one every year (I'm kind of HTC fanboy).

Android flagships aren't cheaper than an iphone. If you don't own a flagship you are scum.
>>
Googles only hurdle to total mobile domination is the iPhone. There already android phones for everyone who doesnt want an iPhone, they come in all prices and shapes.

To take on the iPhone, Google made an iPhone, its this simple. It offers the same form factor, similar software features, the things people love about apple (except for logo and status). Its the best blow Google can deal to apple, as it already owns all other parts of the market.
>>
>>57051937
>the things people love about apple (except for logo and status)

In other words, none of the things people love about Apple. The iPhone is a fashion statement. There's nothing inherently wrong with that, people want to be seen driving a certain type of car or wearing a certain watch or using an iPhone. Until Google creates a fashionable and desirable brand, it won't be able to be rid of Apple and the iPhone.
>>
>>57049918
I got an iPad and I returned it after a couple of days because of how horrible the 4chan experience is on it.
>>
>>57051788
>droidboi thinks he's worth shit because f-f-f-flaaagshiip
>>
>>57051973
I partly think that this is good. I dont want only Google in the mobile space, it will become what Microsoft was.
>>
>>57049846
>not understanding what sarcasm is
>>
i like how everyone acts like the pixel is a new thing for google even though it's the same concept as the nexus just renamed

>expensive Nexus 6P phone flopped
>lets do it again but called pixel now
>>
>>57049690
Google said nearly 2 years ago they wanted to bump up the price on theur phones so thry could have the same luxury allure as the iphone.
>>
>>57050820
>what it lacks in good polished products it makes up for in shit that you can't do on an iPhone
I used to believe this when I was using my Nexus 5. But, after recently purchasing an iPhone 6 from a friend, I realize now that I was full of shit.
>>
>>57049690
PROTIP: Android hasn't been the budget option for years now. Fuck off with your 2012 memes.
>>
>>57050820
>lagdroid is real
No lag for several Android versions on my S4.
>>
>>57049690
if you're a normie cunt, just get an iPhone. It'll let you do way more. Don't fall for that "but you can do so much more on android" meme, it's utter bs
>>
>>57049690
Maybe in America where the average IQ is lower.
>>
>>57049690
What are some programs that require the latest hardware?

I've only gotten responses that it's shitty coded apps and operating systems.
>>
>>57049918
how about you use your fucking browser
why the hell don't kids these days know how to navigate the interwebz anymore
but need a specialized app for taking a shit
>>
>>57051977
I can't think of anything else to use an iPad for other than browsing 4chan
>>
I don't really care if people want to spend that much money on a phone but at that price point I could get two chinkphones of equivalent specs.

Google isnt offering anything revolutionary or high quality enough to justify the price. I could buy a xiaomi every 2.5 years and be fine.
>>
>>57053185
Pinned threads, pin on post and thread history are too damn convenient. Clover is just better than the actual website.
>>
>yuropoors
>>
>>57049690
For me it's absolutely the features, performance and app ecosystem
>>
>>57049690
Purchased a 128GB Pixel XL. Ask me anything you like.
>>
>>57051994
>He actually buys iPhones for muh status
Stop being so poor that you need to prove yourself constantly.
>>
>>57053939
Silent confidence is always the answer. Coincidentally, the dumbest people are usually the loudest as well.
>>
>>57053923
How's it feel to overpay for a phone with no SD card slot or removable battery?
>>
>>57049690
yes faggot it's called marketing, I bought a Google Pixel for a little over $1,000 with Google Fi, Two year protection, XL, 128 GB of internal storage and Really Blue, stay poor and mad faggot, Google is THE BEST company in the planet and I cannot wait for them to take over the internet for a cleaner, safer Google expierience
>>
>>57053954
Feels good. Google has clearly shown that they're serious about competing. Between having the best hardware qualcomm has on offer, the fastest storage of any android phone, a Galaxy S7 display, the best camera in a smartphone, and the lowest touch latency of any Android phone -- I feel like I got my $ worth. It's clear as well that this is one of the first phones to have Android optimized directly for the hardware.
>>
Let's say you're willing to spend that much for either phone. Judgement and opinion aside. The real question you should ask yourself is whether you see yourself using the phone in 12 to 16 months, or at least one to two product development cycles, so in two years' time.

I can see someone using the Pixel in two years more than the iPhone 7, not that I endorse either. Before you ask, Pixel's pricing is horrible and I wouldn't recommend it. I'm looking at it from a time-cost ratio.
>>
>>57049690
resell value of this POS is gonna be 250 euro in one year
mark my words
>>
>>57049918
Do people really dislike posting with the browser that much? I don't get it. What's with the need for another app?
>>
>>57053971
Try again. Nexus 6P is much less of a phone and it sells used for ~$400 after 1 year.
>>
>>57053190
I couldn't either! That's why I returned it.
>>
Man. I've generally been taking it as shitposting by mental children too witless to make anything creative.

But I'm starting to wonder if these "people" really think that others only buy Android phones because they lack the extra expense of the Apple mark up.

Is there a corollary to Poe's law for when you can't tell between satire and actual stupidity?
>>
>>57052754
Then your Galaxy S4 is literally made out of god himself
>>
>>57049690
>flagship phone
>flagship price
is it really that hard to comprehend?
>>
>>57052733
Plenty of less than a year old phones that will do everything and under $50
>>
>>57049690
So what is the reason then?
>>
I've seen this strategy before and it failed miserably.
It's called "Firefox tries to steal Chrome's market by becoming more like it, but all that manages is to estrange it's older users that helped them become what they are today".
Now replace Firefox with Google Android and Chrome with Apple iPhone and you'll see the analogy.
>>
>>57049690
It's because they are Edgy Edgemasters riight?
>>
Android fanboys are so fucking retarded, every thread is full of raging retards like them
>>
>>57052728
Does iPhone have termux?
>>
>>57055553
The google designer forgot to extend the screen after photoshopping out the home button.

That's why you don't start projects 5 minutes before deadline guys.
>>
>>57053843
being this desperate for your (You)
>>
>>57052519
nexus 6 flopped, they had to start selling the then year-old n5 again.
6p? not so much.
>>
>>57053965
$10 says the camera is subpar and slow, like all Androids

All Google phones have mid-tier cameras
>>
>>57052728
Does iPhone has:
Root acces?
Decent terminal?
Something like ADB?
SSH?
Filesystem access?
ROMs like CyanogenMod, free from vendor?
If these are redundand things for you, then why do you write here instead of /lgbt/ and /fa/?

Android is realy has more features and more freedom. If I was forced to spend my money on phone which costs like iPhone, despite I know I can buy much better and cheaper alternative, I'd buy flagship from Samsung or HTC.
>>
>>57051070
he was implying you stop being an autist and not browse 4chan in public and it's better for your well being to reduce the time you browse this site.
>>
>>57055887
Apple does not even design their own sensors, what is this meme that they are better?

https://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles
>>
>>57055889
>Does iPhone has:
have
>Root acces?
yes
>Decent terminal?
yes
>Something like ADB?
yes
>SSH?
yes
>Filesystem access?
yes
>ROMs like CyanogenMod, free from vendor?
no
>>
>>57055889
>root access
don't understand why on a phone
>decent terminal
yes, plenty
>ADB
yes, way better even as i develop cross platform
>ssh
yes
>filesystem access
y tho
>ROMs
no need if base os is good, ROMs are for fiing stupid carrier shit (which isn't allowed on iphone to begin with)

have fun with the 'flagship' phones, i bought xperia z5 it was shittier than my 3 year old iphone
>>
>>57049690
>Includes VAT of 137 pounds....
Ha ha britbongs
>>
File: 1471605609232.gif (897KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
1471605609232.gif
897KB, 800x430px
>>57055999
>using nonfree software
>>
Can't use an iPhone as a TV remote
>>
File: 32635478907654.jpg (34KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
32635478907654.jpg
34KB, 320x320px
>>57050820
>lagdroid
>2016
>>
Android rules on budget phones so Google decides to target the high-tier userbase i.e. retards that buy overpriced shit.
>>
>>57049690
>comparing the pixel xl to the standard iphone7
>>
File: 1476312130175.jpg (98KB, 1335x543px) Image search: [Google]
1476312130175.jpg
98KB, 1335x543px
>>57056246
Are you fucking retarded, he's comparing it to the iPhone 7 Plus.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.