[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How's that OS coming along?...You are building your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 563453.jpg (126KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
563453.jpg
126KB, 450x253px
How's that OS coming along?...You are building your own OS...r-right?
>>
>>57045973
Next semester I will be as part of a class. It should be fun.
>>
how's that browser coming along?... you are building your own browser...r-right?
>>
Fuck
each year it gets more difficult.

fucking OS building is such hard work
>>
soon
>>
Pretty gud
It's a linux mint based OS.
Basically linux mint with a different wallpaper and resized terminal font.
>Baby steps.
>>
no because I actually have productive shit to do
>>
http://www.templeos.org/

There are two good reasons to write your own OS:

1. You are insane.
2. You would like to be insane.

Don't. If you want to be hardcore write a language interpreter or something.
>>
>>57047367
Fuck off CIA nigger
>>
>>57045973
>How's that life coming along?...You are living your own live...r-right?
>>
>>57047416
http://www.templeos.org/Wb/Home/Web/TAD/DailyBlog.html#l1

He's an interesting one because he really did something impossible (built an ENTIRE OS, including a boot loader and compiler) entirely on his own.

He's also clearly pants-on-head shit-on-the-walls moonspeak bananas crazy.
>>
The only situation I would write my own OS would be when I need to be the one who writes all software for a platform.
And then I wouldn't need an OS.

You set a timer interrupt to increment a value, then you have a while loop where you run all daemons if that value is larger than one and you decrement it.

That would be ~ 10 lines in C and it would be enough for most things.
>>
>>57046169
>cv-enhancer
that's what they think
>>
>>57045973
that picture is at least 10 years old if that laptop was new
>>
>>57047564
>He's also clearly pants-on-head shit-on-the-walls moonspeak bananas crazy.

From a scale of 1-10 hes probably only like a 7. He has schizophrenia but he is quite functional. There are several levels higher of crazy desu.
>>
>>57045973
who dat
>>
>>57047785
My uncle used to not speak for weeks at a time and piss himself while listening to tape recordings of himself snoring.

Trust me Terry is extremely well off for a schizo.
>>
>>57045973
define build your own os?

I did it linux form scratch. I would say that is building your own OS. I mean it isn't from scratch of anything but in the board sense of the word yes I build my own os.
>>
>>57047785
>>57047820
Out of curiosity, due you think there's an avenue for someone like him to be able to hold down a job?

He's clearly got a lot to offer, but would be impossible to work with untreated.
>>
When I was 8 I bought three old pentium 2 PCs to prototype my own OS on
Needless to say I'm now a 22 year old virgin
>>
>>57047848
well in OS circles it means writing your kernel and libraries. But in the Linux world it meant just writing a kernel. Soo....who knows what it means now.
>>
>>57048553
Its a legitimate disability and the only thing you can do is treat the symptoms, there is no cure.

If you can find medication that actually works possibly, but usually the meds stop being as effective and it will start to cause problems.
>>
>>57048661
Also most of the meds would make it hard to work.
>>
>>57045973
Stupid caucasian poster
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.